Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Indore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul ShendeYour feedback matters!
I work as a medical representative and I can't take my food in regular time so I have to face regular problem of indigestion, acidity and gas ow to get rid of it.
Ulcer in the mouth from past 3 days, unable to eat anything. It pains a loot while having food. What should I do?
I have started feeling little burning while peeing since 31 march and I frequently go to the washroom in every 10 minutes. Is it due to navratra fast or some other reason for it? Please recommend me something to cure this. I have been drinking a lot of water to heal this up.
Hi, I have inflammation in the GI tract, and another imp thing is there r very less digestive enzymes in the body. Due to this absorption, digestion and bowel movement is very very tough. Bowel movement doesn't happen the saliva doesn't get produced when I eat anything. Even a dal chawal is difficult to digest. Could you please suggest me for the same. Should I take some supplements.
Also called gluten-sensitive enteropathy and celiac sprue, celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disorder, wherein the consumption of gluten-based foods leads to damage of the tissues that line the small intestine. This hinders the ability of your body to absorb the essential nutrients from the foods you eat.
Under normal conditions, the immune system of the body offers protection against external intruders. When individuals diagnosed with celiac disease consume gluten-based foods, gluten resistant antibodies are formed by the immune system. This causes them to attack the linings around the intestines, thus causing irritation in the digestive tract and harming the villi (hair-like structures on the covering of the small intestine which absorb nutrients from the food). This impairs the nutrient absorbing capacity of the individual, thus increasing chances of malnourishment.
Celiac disease has symptoms that vary from patient to patient. Some of the common symptoms include:
- Digestive problems such as:
- Aphthous ulcers which are basically sores occurring in the mouth
- Tingling sensation in the legs which are caused by low calcium and nerve damage
- Growth issues in children since they cannot absorb the required amount of nutrients
- A severe skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Musculoskeletal problems such as bone and joint pain as well as muscle cramps
- Irregular menstrual cycles
Other complications associated with celiac disease
- Miscarriage or Infertility
- Osteoporosis. This is a disease which weakens the bones and causes fractures. It is caused because of a deficiency of Vitamin D and calcium.
- Intestinal Cancer
- Other birth defects: Such as irregular spinal shape because of the deficiency of certain nutrients, especially folic acid.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Good afternoon, Mujhe gas problem hai, acidity, pet bhari rahta hai, bhuk nahi lagti hai, please help.
Hi. My age is 24, male. I am getting abscess frequently from 4 months on anus area and around lower abdomenal area. Visited many doctors taken anti biotics but no use. Last month it was under control but now again they are coming in small size. If any doctors suggest me for this a very help full.
Inflammation of the stomach is also known as acute gastritis. In this article, you will find 10 natural tips to cure acute gastritis.
Possible causes and habits that could lead to acute gastritis include: medications like aspirin and some pain medicines that can harm the lining and walls of the stomach; the excessive consumption of alcohol; drinking alcohol, coffee, tea, and lemon juice on an empty stomach; and eating hot foods.
When hot foods enter into injured areas of the stomach, the stomach lining and the interior walls slow or stop altogether the flow of blood in the stomach walls, causing reddening, irritation, and in some cases bleeding. All of this can gradually lead to chronic ulcers. An increase of uric acid in the blood can also be the cause of acute gastritis. Some remedies for the treatment of acute gastritis may be very useful in place of using higher-strength medications.
Symptoms of acute gastritis
Lack of the feeling of hunger, especially breakfast.
Vomiting and occasionally blood in the vomit or the stool.
Burning feeling in the stomach.
Feeling of pain the stomach and in the area of the ribs.
Low blood count or hemoglobin levels.
The 10 top tips for gastritis
Eating bee honey regularly before meals helps fortify the walls of the stomach.
Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a cup of hot or warm milk and take early each morning to cure the stomach of irritation, and this is the best treatment for gastritis.
Eating oatmeal with honey every day for breakfast is very beneficial for curing acute gastritis and ulcers.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of psyllium (ispaghol) to 1 cup of yogurt and add 1 banana. Eat every day a half an hour before breakfast. It is very beneficial for stomach health.
Put dried papaya seeds in the sun and crush them daily into a powder, and put it over slices of pineapple and eat every day on an empty stomach.
Take green cardamom seeds, fennel seeds, and cinnamon in equal portions and fry in a dry pan for only 20-30 seconds. Crush them all and eat a half a teaspoon with each meal.
Eat between 2-3 teaspoons of black salt a day after each meal for 1-2 months to eliminate every cause of gastritis and ulcers.
Press 2 or 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley every day to make a juice and add a pinch of black salt and black powdered pepper. Drink daily, 3 times a day. This will also improve your appetite.
Ginger is the best herb for curing the stomach. Mix ginger and onion juice in equal parts and drink every day, twice a day to alleviate inflammation, nausea, and stomach irritation.
Hi, maine 4 month pahle apendix ka opration karaya tha tab se pet me problem chal raha. Pet gud gud karta hai laitarin saf nahi hota khana nahi pachta hai. Khana khane ke baad lagta hai fir latrig lag gai. Please help me sar kai sare doctor ko dhikha liya koai aaram nahi.
I am 23 now working in a MNC. I used to have stomach gases whole day. This is from my childhood. Actually my mother is also having the same problem. What can I do to get rid of this? Please help.
I am working in night shift and suffering from mouth ulcer. What precautions should I take to get rid of this problem.
After having even light meals in the afternoon I feel drowsiness & sleepy. I am 54 & my digestion is normal. I have this problem since my youth. Please explain the reasons. Thanks.
Sir mere pet me bhut dard rahta hai or pet bhi saaf nahi ho pata hai or gas bhi bhut jyada banti hai bhook bhi nahi lagti hai.
I am From Thane My Wife is Aged 28 years. She is facing a problem that when she goes to Toilet she is facing a pain and also 2-3 drops of blood comes. She Visited lady physician she told that infection is there but now it is unbearable for her whenever she goes to Toilet and no effect of medicine. We are tensed that to consult with which type of specialists. Plzzzz Guide.
When there is too much accumulation of fat cells in the liver, the healthy tissue gets replaced by the fat cells resulting in fatty liver. The liver colour changes to yellowish greasy one. More than half of liver related diseases are caused due to fatty liver. Some of the common symptoms of fatty liver include excessive sweating, nausea, excess abdominal fat, itchy eyes, gallstones and fatigue. Luckily, though, a fatty liver is a reversible condition.
Here is a list of 5 effective ways to avoid fatty liver:
- Cut down on carbohydrate: Too much consumption of carbohydrate can result in fatty liver. Some of the biggest culprits are white flour and sugar related products. Since, the liver converts excess carbohydrate into fat, over consumption of food items such as pasta, potatoes, rice and breakfast cereals should be checked. A diet consisting of low carbohydrate and low fat should be designed and followed for cutting down fat in the liver.
- Cut down on alcohol: Chronic alcoholism is the second biggest reason of a fatty liver. Alcohol results in damage and inflammation of the liver cells, thus infiltrating a lot of fat cells into the liver. Alcohol also restricts the process of healing. Restricting alcohol is an essential towards cutting down fat in the liver. Low-fat alcohol such as red wine and brandy can be consumed twice or thrice in a week. If a person is suffering from a chronic liver condition, a doctor should be consulted before alcohol.
- Protein consumption: Breakfast should have an adequate amount of protein. It balances the blood sugar level of body, helps to fight cravings and helps the liver to detoxify foreign objects. Some good sources of protein include eggs, nuts, chicken, seeds and fish. The serving size should not be more than 4-6 ounces per day. Proper intake of protein will slowly reduce fat in the liver.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable: Fresh fruits and vegetables are some of the most powerful agents in cleansing liver toxins. They have the capacity to repair liver filters and remove excess fat. Even juice of vegetables fetches excellent results in getting rid of excess fats. Fruits, on the other hand, possesses vital mineral and vitamins that are used by the liver to eradicate fat cells.
- Get moving: If the endeavour is to remove fat from the liver, running and daily exercise has a pivotal role in achieving it. If a person has never worked out, a good way to start is to spend half an hour in a day running and doing free hand exercise. One can also get into a gym and try extensive cardio exercises to cut down liver fat. It is not safe to perform any high-intensity training should without an expert supervision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.