Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Indore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
We kill them because of ignorance.
Visit your dentist once in a 6 month for routine check up
Apply a paste of lemon juice and baking soda for whitening of teeth.
Apply alumin powder at night on your teeth for two to three minutes, hold it, and clean it with water daily for five minutes at night. Your teeth will shine.
My name is deepu I have some dental problem since three years. My teeth become yellow and some infection in my lower jaw.
Hi, I had the second tooth from the back lower right removed 3 days ago. My gums and front teeth are now itching and on edge. And the gums directly above the extraction feel a bit sore. Is this normal following and extraction? The area where the tooth has been removed is fine and appears to be.
I am having a severe tooth pain, sometimes its bleeding out. What type of remedy is used to reduce the tooth pain?
I am of 18 year old, I have a extra teeth on my left upper teeth side. I get it painful while brushing. I want to remove it, should i?
I have problem with my teeth sensitivity, tried so many tooth paste but it didn't help me at all, I wish I can eat ice crams too:(
My left maxillary central incisor is displaced and it seems that the the teeth is gradually coming forward and gap has been formed between both side of the teeth. Today I consulted a local doctor and after having x-ray of teeth, it is found it is due to bone loss. Doctor told me that the teeth has to be removed .I mean really afraid and confused. Please give any good suggestion.
I have a problem of mouth ulcer, as a remedy I use smiley gel and folcin b plus, but it takes much time to cure. Give me a better substitute of table and how can I over came this problem, it paining a lot.
Hi I have problem in teeth which felling week and always feeling pain please sugest me some useful tips and also going gapped.
I am 23 year old boy facing problem bad taste in n mouth at morning since last 1 years and burning sensation in stomach loss of weight, appetite and gas trouble please suggest me.
I have been getting bloods and pus from my gums since last 3-4 days because of a new tooth and its very painful. Please suggest some medicines to get rid of it.
I have broken one tooth in the very front. So how to fill the gap. Which is the best way to fill that gap? Thanks
I have a problem in my teeth. My teeth, left mandibular 3rd molar has not yet growth fully and after 6-7 months it gives pain. Now for last days I am feeling the same. What to do sir? I'm 21 years old now. A few months ago, I got the pain from the right 3rd molar too but now it has fully growth and has no pain.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.