Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Indore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My son is 15 years old. He is suffering from lymphangioma by birth. Initially it was concentrated at upper lip. Cured by surgery. Now it has spread at right eye and there is bleeding at occ. Ational times with some swelling. Is there available an effective treatment for this disease in ayurveda or any other treatment
Kya aap mujhe 18 month baby se baby ka diet chart de sakte ho .ek normal daily routine me bache k ache growth& health k liye uski dekhbhal kaise ki jaaye. Pls suggest me.
My son is 2 year old suffering from frequent fever due to bad immunity. What should I do for his weight gain?
Our child is look like weak but the doctor said his weight is ok he is still active but no problem. But while seeing other persons he has no stamina his energy level is low for swimming what can we do His age is 3years and 6 months
My Daughter suffering from abeniotic band syndrome. What is abeniotic band syndrome? What is causes of this syndrome? How can we protect our children from this syndrome?
Hi Sir, My son is 10 years old. He is eating slate pencils daily. He will not eat food, he is looking very dull. So, please give me suggestion what I have to do.
He has allergic dermatitis from 6th month onward. What is the best treatment for. And her weight is too low. How can she get weight.
My baby is 18 months old, she has low tone muscles in her body her head is control 5 min. And fell very slowly after 5 mins, she can lift her hand when she lying on bed, but when she sit on chair she never lift her hand. She lift her leg when I tie leg with ribbon. But her brain is normal she recognize her mum and dad and call her .her physiotherapy is going 3 days in weekly. But give some trips how to improve tone.
Good morning. My daughter is 6 years old and in first standard, she has problem of frequently urine (20 to 25) per day. What should we do?
I have one concern about my son does not feel hungry and does not eat properly, he is 2.5 years old and his weight is 11 kg so please what can I do for wight management.
1) my baby sleeps fast while drinking milk, she is one month old, m not sure if I have enough milk or if she is tried sucking and than sleeps. I am giving her lactogen as top up 2) also I wanted to know if lactogen is good as top up or mum mum.
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult your doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination
I am 27 years old. My son is in the end of the 7th month now. He usually sucks milk only from right breast not at all on my left. So milk production is very less at my left side. Now I am not feeding On from my left, I feed only on the right side. Will this create any health issues to me? What I have to do now?
There are many schedules of immunisation followed and varies from country to country, In india, we widely follow the National Immunisation Schedule.mainly in government hospitals. Many private institutions follow their own schedules.Both are effective,though the private hospitals use costly vaccines whereas the government supply is free.Depending on your purchasing power you can choose either.By and large INDIAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS the largest and most authoritative body in India . Their schedule is fair combination of both types of vaccines newer but costly and cheap ( but effective & safe ) selected appropriately.Apart from the main or essential vaccines there are some optional vaccines for diseases which are not as fatal or life threatening which are covered in national immunisation schedule. I shall explain all important schedule.
RECOMMENDED IMMUNIZATION SCHEDULE FOLLOWED IN INDIA
Text zoom - +
Sl No. Age Disease Vaccination Remarks*
1 AT BIRTH HEPATITIS B HEP B VACCINE -I
2 AT BIRTH POLIO ORAL PV 0 DOSE
3 BIRTH TO
6 WK TUBERCULOSIS BCG
4) 4 -6 WEEKS HEPATITIS B HEP B VACCINE -II
5) 6 WEEKS } DIPHTHERIA ,PERTUSIS,
}TETANUS,POLIO DPT-I OPV -I
6) 10 WK DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
TETANUS POLIO HEPATITIS B DPT-II OPV-II HEP B VACCINE III*
*DELHI GOVT RECOMMENDATION
7) 14 WEEKS DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
TETANUS POLIO DPT-III OPV- III HEP B VACCINE IV*
*DELHI GOVT RECOMMENDATION
8) 24 WEEKS HEPATITIS B HEP B VACCINE III*
9) 9 -12MTHS }- POLIO MEASLES OPV-IV MEASLES
10) 15-18 MTHS MUMPS MEASELES RUBELLA (MMR*)
11) 18 MTHS } DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
} TETANUS POLIO DPT –BOOSTER I OPV –V
*RECOMMENDED BY DELHI GOVT & IAP ONLY
12) 24 MTHS TYPHOID TYPHOID*
13) 4-5 YR } DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
} TETANUS POLIO DPT BOOSTER – II OPV -VI
YOU ARE WELCOME TO CLEAR ANY DOUBTS IN PRIVATE CONSULTATION IN THIS SITE