Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Audiologists online in Indore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankur Singh Chauhan
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur Singh ChauhanYour feedback matters!
Awesome facilities under one roof, satisfaction given by expert Dr Ankur itself .
Hi Sir, I use hearing aid and as the hearing loss is too much I am using the aid with mould. This often results in irritation and wound it is very paining while taking off and put on the aid. As I cannot hear anything without hearing aid it is difficult for me not to use it for some days. What is the medicine that I can apply on the wound.
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you-re not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of Hearing Loss -
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, ear drum or ossicles.
A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the ear drum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of Conductive Hearing Loss-
1. Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
2. Fluid in the middle ear from colds
3. Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
5. Poor Eustachian tube function
6. Perforated eardrum
7. Benign tumors
8. Impacted earwax
9. Infection in the ear canal
10. Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve.
Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of Sensorineural Hearing Loss -
1. Exposure to loud noise
2. Head trauma
3. Virus or disease
4. Autoimmune inner ear disease
5. Hearing loss that runs in the family
6. Aging (presbycusis)
7. Malformation of the inner ear
8. Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent.
I have problem in my right ear by birth. I can hardly hear by that ear. I have gone through some test. All things are Ok No ear drum hole.Please suggest me something for hearing issue.
I want to talk about a 22 years old girl who is deaf and dumb since birth. We are looking for her cure for a long time now. I am wondering if the stem cells which has proven to be revolution in the medical does have the capability to cure such cases or not. Pleas guide us whom can we meet if you are not sure on the answer to this question. We are looking for any doctor in NCR region.
I am suffering from hearing loss since last 12 years and loss is increasing every year. Doctors are saying that it's a neural hearing loss and have recommended to talat neuro medicines, please confirm whether ayurveda has treatment? If yes, please suggest.
In this world there is no solution for hearing loss or nerve weakness kya hearing aid is the only solution.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.
I am working for a night shift in call center. Due to headsets nowadays I am unable to hear clearly if any body speaking to me casually. Do I have any better option to be healthy from this effects.
A cochlear implant is an electronic device that is used to restore hearing ability in people who suffer from hearing loss due to inner ear damage. Unlike hearing aids which amplify sounds so people with hearing loss are better able to perceive them, cochlear implants directly transmit electronic sound signals to the auditory nerve. They work by compensating for damaged cochlea, the part of inner ear that converts sound waves into neural impulses which are perceived by the brain.
- A child who cannot hear will also never be able to speak.
- Inability to hear and speak puts a person at disadvantage in society.
- Simple tasks like talking on the phone which we take for granted become impossible.
- Conventional methods of learning like attending a classroom lecture become impossible.
- Brain development and intelligence is closely linked to development of speech and language.
- Inability of parents to communicate with child leads to emotional distancing.
- Integrating a hearing disabled person in to society becomes a frustrating experience for all involved.
- Cost of integration per capita in much higher when compared to cost of Cochlear Implant.
- Children with Cochlear Implants are fully integrated in society with normal hearing & speech.
- Children with Cochlear Implants can attend regular schools & colleges
- Early identification of hearing impairment gives children a better chance of developing speech and language skills, and of making the most of social and emotional interaction from an early age.
Cochlear implants offer a multitude of benefits to people experiencing hearing loss, especially infants and children with severe hearing loss who are just starting to process language and speech. Some of these benefits are:
- Hearing and communication – Cochlear implants improve hearing significantly, especially to a level where normal communication can be restored. It enhances the person’s ability to hear speech without relying on visual cues such as lip reading or hand signs. It makes telephonic conversation a lot easier. Cochlear implants also help people regulate their own voice and volume so that it is easier for others to understand them.
- Quality of life - It can help people with hearing loss listen to and enjoy music and also watch television with sounds. It helps people listen to sounds in a noisy environment and differentiate soft sounds from loud ones.
- Safety – Cochlear implants enhance the individual’s safety as it allows the person to be able to hear warning sounds like honking cars or ambulance sirens. This will allow people to navigate public spaces in a much safer way.
- Society - For children with hearing loss, cochlear implants can help them adjust a lot better to regular schools instead of requiring special institutions.
- Brain development - It can help infants with cochlear damage develop their speech recognition and speaking skills much faster.
- Only device of its kind that can restore a special sense.
- Consists of 2 parts-
- One part is surgically implanted in the body
- Second part is worn behind the ear and communicates with internal part using wireless signals
- Persons of any age can get a cochlear implant, from less than one year old children to 90 year old persons have received implants all around the world.
- Cochlear implants can be done for partial hearing loss also, know as Hybrid implant that preserves the residual natural hearing and augments hearing only in certain sound frequencies in which hearing loss is present.
- Are being used for indications other than hearing loss also like Tinnitus.
- Surgery is a day care procedure for most patients.
CochlearConsult a doctor to get a clear assessment of whether you would be an eligible candidate for a cochlear implant and what to expect from the procedure. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!