Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Indore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Abhay ManchandaYour feedback matters!
My father has met an accident where his ribs are fractured and can not move at all he is admitted in kle hospital, No improvement is found till today so please guide me what is to be done, his age is 75 yrs.
Sir I am 45 years old. Zameen per modh kar bethne ke baad khade hone per, mere right side ghutne(knee) may 2-3 second ke liye dard(pain) hota hai.
I am suffering from lower back pain and also from urine problem. I recommend some doctor they said that it is due to compressed nerve and led to slip disk .i want complete treatment without operation.
I am 25. I am suffering from leg knee pain and skin is seems to be a balloon in that area from Past one week. I am using tablet and ointment but no use please suggest a suitable medical treatment Thanking you.
Because of joint pain, not able to walk properly. Even not able to keep the legs straight. Any suggestion or any advice regarding medication?
I have facing a problem on lower back since last 2 Years. Pain are feel some times when few minutes mostly facing problem in winter so what should I do?
I live in New Delhi, I am down with fever since 2 days, actually fever goes on intake of medicines and comes. Two days before I had pain in my feet, just feet not the legs, then after the medicine intake the pain disappeared and now I have little pain in joints of my wrist and palm, I visited a simple doctor nearby who prescribed medicine which I took, I haven't visited a good doctor because I am alone and nor have I done any tests. I feel weak after getting up from sleep and slowly recover, There is no change in my health condition since the fever started, I mean my health isn't degrading. Is it viral. Suggest something to overcome this.
I am. 22 year old. Iam suffered from knee pain last two month. I take many painkiller but not rillif. Please help me.
My mom has foot pain where she can not even walk properly we took an appointment and have done several test but no one suggested for an x-ray should I take an x-ray all t detect the reason for pain Thank you.
Osteoarthritis: Complications and risk factors
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It affects millions of people around the world and is caused due to the gradual wear and tear of the protective cartilage at the end of your bones. The condition most commonly affects the joints in the hands, knees, hips and spine although it can damage any joint in the body.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse with time, and include pain during and after physical activities like movement. The joints may become tender and may pain even with the application of light pressure. Stiffness and loss of flexibility are some of the other symptoms. The loss of cartilage due to gradual wear and tear causes the condition. It causes the smooth surface of the cartilage to become rough, giving rise to friction.
Some of the risk factors involved that can increase your chances of developing the condition are:
- Old age - The chance of osteoarthritis increases with a person's age.
- Sex - A study concluded that women are more likely to develop the condition. Although there isn't an established reason, lesser physical activity is attributed as a possible cause.
- Obesity - Having excessive body weight can be a contributing factor. This is because it puts added pressure on the weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and the knees.
- Joint injuries - Joint injuries contracted due to sports activities, accidents or other such factors can increase the likelihood of this condition.
- Genetics - In some of the cases, the condition is observed to be passed from generation to generation.
- Bone deformities - Some people who are born with bone deformities and defects can have greater chances of having this condition.
- Other diseases - Having diseases like diabetes and gout can increase the risk of the condition.
Some of the complications of this disease are:
- Joint pain and stiffness may cause hurdles in daily activities. Daily activities like changing clothes can be painful.
- Some people are unable to work any longer. Joint replacement surgeries are advised by doctors in these cases.
Good morning Sir, one of my friends ,she is having serious allergic attack, like irritation, swelling, on whole body, Even if face also swells, it happens during night and after bathing, can you please suggest something why this is happening.
Hello doctor I have spur problem in my right knee since one year so can it be cured by homeopathic medicines because alopathic strong medicines never suits me and does it requires any minor surgery to remove the spur or spiking as it causes radiations n heaviness feeling while standing, sitting n walking for a long time but not gives me any problem at rest time on bed. Pls don't recommend physiotherapy as I 've tried all type therapies till now. Pls reply ASAP with a better cured medicines of homeopathic which can able to remove or melt the spur. Thanx.
A fracture is a complete or incomplete crack, which appears on a bone due to application of intense pressure or force. A fracture results in extreme pain, and the bone becomes immobile. Any kind of movement boosts the pain. Fracture pain occurs in three distinct stages. Acute pain is felt immediately after a fracture while sub acute pain occurs over the weeks that follow after a fracture. The third stage or chronic pain occurs when the fracture and soft tissues around it have healed.
Fracture pain is quite intense in nature and proper precautions should be taken while dealing with them:
- Development of fracture pain: When a bone undergoes a fracture, the ligaments and tendons are also damaged. While the bone slowly heals, ligaments and tendons fail to heal equally well or completely. Post fracture pain also develops when the outside of the bone does not heal completely. This usually does not appear in an X-ray.
- Treatment of fracture pain: Modern medications can be utilized to treat a fracture pain. Steroid injections and prescribed anti-inflammatory medicines help in treating a fracture pain. However, these remedies cause side effects, which are harmful for the body. Cortisone shots are utilized for the same purpose as well.
- Prolotherapy: Prolotherapy is an approach where ligament and tendon strengthening is stimulated along with repairing. This technique ensures complete treatment of the fracture, and the risk of long-term complications like arthritis is absent. In cases of fracture pain, which occurs due to the incomplete healing of the outer part of the bone, Prolotherapy helps in strengthening the fibro-osseous junction at the source of the pain. This will stop the nerve endings from firing. Prolotherapy provides speedy recovery and accounts for making the injured bone stronger than before. This process is often undergone by athletes. The procedure is undertaken only after thorough examinations for detection of the root cause of the pain. Prolotherapy is considered to be the best treatment for repairing tendons and ligaments, which commonly cause fracture pain. The body is simply stimulated and the painful areas are repaired. This is done by the introduction of a mild inflammatory reaction to the area of the weak tendons and cartilages. The results obtained after Prolotherapy are permanent and the fracture pain is unlikely to reoccur.
- Splints are utilized to stop the movement of fractured bone and braces can be used to support the bone. Plaster cast also supports and immobilizes the fractured bone. Traction and surgical implants are other treatment measures.
- Fracture pain occurs not only because of the broken bone, but also because of the weakened ligaments and tendons around the bone. Fracture pain should be handled very carefully, and proper control measures should be applied.