Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. Sangeeta Malu Ideal Diet ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Sangeeta Malu to be sensible. Good
Eating healthy food item like fruits, green leafy vegetables, salad etc. We have always been hearing this from our elders about how a healthy body is key to a healthy mind. Trying to define health in a sentence is possible, but not justifiable because it is an umbrella term for a lot of aspects of our life. Being healthy is that state of our existence where we are happy, content and at the epitome of our fitness. Life is too short to fret over things that make us unhappy, so taking decisions that would make us content mentally and physically is the first step to attaining a healthy lifestyle. Now, one could easily start a debate here stating how eating unhealthy food or indulging in unhealthy habits also make people happy. Yes, they do, but that is a momentary gratification and with one single life, it is essential to think long-term.
This article will have certain tips that could help an individual fall right on track if he/she wants to jumpstart their healthy lifestyle.
- Eating healthy food items, should not feel or look like restriction. It should be a mentality, a lifestyle rather than being a meaningless difficult regimen.
- In order to avoid unhealthy snacking, it would be a good idea to keep those kinds of food away from the visual arena.
- It is not necessary to entirely cut off the love for sweets. It would be great to eat strategic sweets like dark chocolate to fulfil the cravings and not feel guilty about it.
- Carrying homemade lunch is a very good idea to keep oneself away from unhealthy restaurant food. The best part about this is that a lot of money is saved.
- Proper strategies can definitely get us going. For example, the veggies we eat do not necessarily need to be tasteless. In fact, adding some spices or sauces (made from vinaigrette and different seasonings) can not only make the food taste great, but also help bring out the innovations inside us.
- One great way we can keep ourselves motivated is by talking about the dietary plans and goals with a friend and discussing the major healthy lifestyle changes that have already been taken care of.
- Keeping a journal about the progress and also rewarding oneself on reaching small goals are amazing ways to keep going.
There are numerous tips for a healthy lifestyle, but one important advice is to avoid alcohol and also other addictive substances like nicotine (which means smoking cigarettes). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Health is much more than the absence of disease. It is a positive quality, emphasizing intellectual, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Optimum nutrition, providing all nutrients in both kind and in right amount, is the cornerstone of good health and the cutting edge of prevention. The foods we eat, and the nutrients they should provide, are the most important continuing environmental factors influencing our growth, development, functional abilities, and health. How we structure our lifestyles, with proper nutrition, health habit discipline, and exercise programming, have a great influence on our personal health, and help us reduce our current medical care expenditures.
A balanced diet containing required amount of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and required fats can help your body keep diseases at bay. Here are the major findings -
- Cardiovascular Diseases: Cardiovascular diseases, the major killers worldwide, are to a great extent due to unbalanced diets and physical inactivity. The increasing pollution and unhealthy eating habits, put you at a risk of developing heart diseases and strokes. By consuming less trans-fats, saturated fats, salt and alcohol, you can stabilize your blood pressure which causes heart attacks. Add more of green leafy vegetables and lean protein to your meals to make them healthy and nutritious.
- Osteoporosis: A person with a deficiency of calcium suffers from osteoporosis which makes your bones brittle and prone to cracking and breakage. However, by adding more dairy products which are rich in calcium, you will be able to keep this condition at bay. By eating foods rich in Vitamin D such as fatty fishes, cheese, mushrooms and tofu, you can ensure strong bones which aren’t prone to breakage.
- Diabetes: Because the insulin production is low in diabetic patients, they are already advised to avoid sugary foods. However, a diabetic patient can add certain food items to the diet which can help him/her lead a healthy life. Foods such as Neem juice, pulses, high fibre vegetables, fruits, milk and whole grains can help a person with Type 2 diabetes live a healthier life.
- Constipation: To prevent constipation it is important to include foods in your diet that are high in fibre. Wholegrain cereals, wholemeal bread, fruit, dried fruit, dried peas, beans and lentils are excellent sources of fibre. Fibre and water work well together so make sure you consume enough fluids throughout the day to help prevent and alleviate constipation.
- Acidity: Eating too much animal protein causes sulfuric acid to build up in the blood as amino acids are broken down. Eat plant foods to neutralize an acidic pH. Vegetables such as spinach, broccoli and beans or fruits such as raisins, bananas and apples are appropriate choices for neutralizing body pH.
- Renal Disease: A renal failure diet controls the amount of protein and phosphorus in your diet. You may also have to limit calcium, sodium, and potassium. A renal failure diet can help decrease the amount of waste made by your body, which can help your kidneys work better. It may also help to delay total renal failure. Your diet may change over time as your health condition changes.
Physical inactivity is already a major global health risk and is prevalent in the modern world, particularly among the urban poor in crowded mega-cities. Healthy diets and physical activity are key to good nutrition and necessary for a long and healthy life. Eating nutrient dense foods and balancing energy intake with the necessary physical activity to maintain a healthy weight is essential at all stages of life. Unbalanced consumption of foods high in energy (sugar, starch and/or fat) and low in essential nutrients contributes to energy excess, overweight and obesity. The amount of the energy consumed in relation to physical activity and the quality of food are key determinants of nutrition-related chronic disease.
However, this is just a basic concept of nutrition in aforementioned diseases. It is always recommended to consult an expert nutritionist or dietician to know the right diet for your disease. It will be according to your health, height, weight and the severity of the disease. Every individual's nutrition requirement is different. The nutritionist will recommend a diet plan that will help you maintain the level of severity of the disease you are suffering from. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Packed Lunches : Packed lunch is a necessity for school going children.
The school period is called the latent time of growth. It is a time when body changes occur gradually. Below is a diet plan for 7 to 12 years school going children, which will be beneficial for their health.
Points to be consider in planning a packed lunch:
1. The packed lunch should meet one third daily requirement of calories and protein of the child.
2. Include one serving of green leafy vegetables would take care of one third requirement of many vitamins and minerals.
3. Some amount of good quality protein like milk and milk product like curd or panner would improve vegetable protein combination of vegetable proteins like cereals and pulses can be given for better utilization.
4. Make food more appetizing food like whole fruit or buttermilk in a packed bottle.
5. Monotony should be avoided in packed lunch.
6. Food should have the correct consistency. Too watery things may leak and too dry may not be appetizing to the child. Chapati can be covered in cloth to retain moisture.
Suggested Packed Lunches:
* Vegetable pulao with paneer and one fruit.
* Mix vegetable or paneer paratha with curd.
* Dhal parath with green leafy vegetables.
* Cheese/paneer or mawa brownbread sandwiches and one fruit.
* Mix vegetable upma/idli or uttpam with coconut chutney.
* Mix vegetable khicdi or omlet with one fruit.
* Cake and 1/2 plate salad.
* Pasta with freen salad.
* Manchurin or mix veg noodles with fruit.
* Dhal chilla (add paneer) with coriander leaves chatney.
I am trying to lose weight I have controlled my diet as well as I do brisk walking everyday though I lost something about 5 kg in first month but now in this this month instead of losing I gained 5 kg again now it's very disappointing for me what should I do now.
Hi, I am my age is 25 and I am doing GYM from last march but there is no change in my body and the food intake by me also not sufficient for me so please tell me the perfect diet for my body.
Which oil mustard or refine oil is better for health? What are the comparisons based on advantage and disadvantage?
Sir my weight is 50 but according to my height it should be more than 60. So how I increase my weight. I am also taking healthy diet but it may not affect.
Hii. Shall I follow any timing for doing exercise? Or I have to do in a particular time. Please suggest me?
The Importance of Fiber In Your Diet
Eat more fiber. You've probably heard it before. But do you know why fiber is so good for your health?
Fiber is a virtually indigestible substance that is found mainly in the outer layers of plants. Fiber is a special type of carbohydrate that passes through the human digestive system virtually unchanged, without being broken down into nutrients. Carbohydrates constitute the main source of energy for all body functions.
The main function of fiber is to keep the digestive system healthy and functioning properly. Fiber aids and speeds up the excretion of waste and toxins from the body, preventing them from sitting in the intestine or bowel for too long, which could cause a build-up and lead to several diseases.
2mnth of pregnancy but the symptoms of nausea with n sometimes without vomiting is persisting whole day leading to weakness lethargy and extra discomfort. Kindly suggest measures.
Nutritious and healthy food is capable of arresting or even reversing diabetes. Here is a list of 13 such wondrous foods that, if eaten consistently, will ward off diabetes -
1. Sweet potatoes: Unlike regular potatoes, sweet potatoes are rich in fiber and Vitamin A along with a low Glycemic index.
2. Tomatoes: Tomatoes offset diabetes with its nutrients like Vitamin C, E, and iron. They can be eaten raw as well as cooked.
3. Fish: Consume fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and halibut etc that are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Cook them in a simple way rather than deep-frying.
4. Apples: Apples are full of fiber and low in calories. Thus, they are able to effectively fight bad cholesterol and diabetes. It is best to eat them with their skin.
5. Avocado: This fruit comes packed with monounsaturated fats and balances blood sugar level. It also contains good fat that is capable of reversing insulin resistance.
6. Berries: Almost all kinds of berries are rich in antioxidants and fiber. They boost the production of insulin and lower down blood sugar.
7. Broccoli: Broccoli contains chromium that stabilizes levels of blood sugar.
8. Carrots: Carrots are extremely rich in beta-carotene that is known to lower the chances of diabetes.
9. Flaxseed: These are rich in fiber, protein, magnesium and good fats. They are known to helps cells in absorbing insulin.
10. Yogurt and Skim Milk: These dairy products are rich in calcium and protein for fighting against insulin resistance that leads to diabetes.
11. Oatmeal: Oatmeal comes loaded with soluble fiber that helps in delayed conversion of consumed carbohydrate into blood sugar.
12. Almonds: Regular intake of 4-5 almonds daily reduces the risk of diabetes as well as cardiovascular disease.
13. Garlic: Garlic is known to elevate the insulin level in the blood. It is rich in Allicin and vitamin B thiamine that activates pancreas for the production of insulin.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 6 Special Sex Tips for Diabetics
Hello sir/madam My name is Vishal and I am from Botad, Gujarat. I want to ask about my fitness. My weight is increasing day by day. Its about 100 kg now. I want to loose my weight. Please advice me how can I loose my weight? Its really hard for me to loose weight. I have loose my weight before this. But now it seems so hard for me to loose my weight. I am 26 and married. Please guide me what to do. Hoping for the best. One more thing is I am addicted to tobacco and I also want to quit it. Its also hard ro quit for me. Please advice me what to do.
I am non-vegetarian having sedentary lifestyle. Last two year my weight was increased to 77 to 94 kgs. In the evening hour around 5-7 P. M, I am feeling so hungry. Once I start to eat, Iam not able to less consuming. Please suggest which type of food to be taken at evening as well in night.
Your diet plays very important role to cure acne/pimples. There are many other factors also, which are responsible for the growth of acne but the major one is your diet. Treatment of acne by cream, gel or ointment is not enough. They only suppress the action of the sebaceous (fat) glands temporarily. You can cure acne for a lifetime with proper diet and water intake.
Acne is an inflammatory condition of the sebaceous (that is fat) glands and hair follicles usually found on the face. Acne is characterized by the presence of blackheads, pimples, small superficial sebaceous cysts and scars.
To prevent pimples, eating fresh fruits, green vegetables, drinking plenty of water should be an essential part of your routine and intake of oily fried foods, an excess of sugar-salt should be avoided. To begin with-
- Take fruit diet once in a week, which consist of fresh juice, fruits, coconut water and vegetable (green leafy).
- Warm water enema should be taken daily to clean the bowels and constipation.
- Take a balanced diet with an alkaline base, which consists of sprouted cereals, whole grain cereals and vegetables.
- Vitamin a, e and b can be used to treat acne.
- Green tea and walnuts help to keep your skin pimple free.
- Drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day is good for emission of toxin from the body.
- Always try to include low-fat dairy products in your meal. These are a good source of vitamin a.
Some natural remedies to get rid of pimples:-
- Apply hot fomentation to open up skin pores and then rinse skin with cold water.
- Sun and air baths by exposing the whole body to sun and air are highly beneficial.
- A hot Epsom salt bath twice in a week will be highly beneficial in all cases of acne.
- Healing packs made of grated cucumber, oatmeal (cooked), carrot and lemon juice is effective for acne.