Minor Ot Service
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
I have pain in my hand for two days. I have used medicine but it doesn't give me much relief. Please tell me any suggestions to control pain.
Cortisone shots are injections that help relieve pain and inflammation. They are injected directly into the joints such as the ankle, wrist, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow or spine. These injections are a combination of corticosteroids and local anaesthetics. These corticosteroids are similar to the hormones produced by the adrenal gland. Cortisone injections are often used to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, shoulder bursitis and plantar fasciitis. Though they do not cure the disease but they provide temporary relief.
These injections may be slightly painful but provide relief in a day or two that lasts for a few weeks or months at a stretch. Hence, cortisone shots provide relief faster and have longer lasting results than other forms of anti-inflammatory medication. Another benefit of cortisone injections as compared to other drugs that need to be taken in through the mouth is that it avoids side effects of anti-inflammatory medication such as an upset stomach etc. Cortisone injections can also be used to treat backaches and pain that radiates from the spine to an arm or leg.
However, cortisone injections are associated with a number of risks. These include:
- Infection in the joints
- Nerve damage
- Thinning of tissue and skin around the injection site
- Pain and inflammation in the joint
- Weakening or rupturing of tendons
- Osteoporosis or thinning of bones
- Lightening of skin around the injection site
- Osteonecrosis or death of bones in the injected area
- Blood sugar spikes – this is seen mostly in diabetic patients
- Weakening of the immune system if the person has an underlying infection
In most cases, these side effects are short-lived. Higher dosages and frequent administration can increase the body’s exposure to the corticosteroid. This increases the risk of long-term side effects such as:
- Easy bruising
- Weight gain
- Cataract formation
- Puffiness of the face
- High blood pressure
Cortisone may also be held responsible for the deterioration of cartilage inside a joint. For this reason, doctors do not advise cortisone injections to be had more than 3-4 times a year. The minimum interval between two cortisone injections must be 6 weeks. Doctors also typically limit the number of injections given in one joint.
When used judiciously, cortisone injections can greatly improve the quality of a patient’s life. Hence it is very important to get treated only by a qualified doctor and to completely understand the pros and cons of using this form of treatment.
An orthopaedic fracture is a serious issue that will require lots of care for the bones to heal and re-join. A broken bone is usually plastered so that the tissue may grow back together by fusing eventually, over a period of weeks. When these bones begin to rebuild in an effort to come together, the new bones are called soft callus. This will require lots of energy, which primarily comes from calories. This ensures that essential proteins like amino acids can be taken from the right type of food which would stimulate good blood flow.
So, let us take a look at the best diet that one can follow in order to recover from a fracture.
- Kale: Leafy green vegetables and herbs like kale can help in supplying good amount of protein and iron as well as calcium, which is highly important for good and strong bones. One can also find plenty of calcium in salmon and other kinds of sea food like sardines; consuming these can speed up the process. Sea vegetables like seaweed can also help in the process.
- Yogurt: Calcium can be supplied by various other kinds of food including yogurt, which has two kinds of amino acids. These amino acids are lysine and glutamine, which can assist the bones in swift calcium absorption for better recovery of the broken bones.
- Spinach: This is a very important ingredient in the bone healing process thanks to its dual elements of calcium and zinc, which come together to cause the appropriate chemical reaction for bone rebuilding. Other zinc heavy food items include pumpkin seeds and wheat germ as well as red meat.
- Broccoli: Ingredients like broccoli are rich in Vitamin K1, which is known to very good for the bone recovery process. This vitamin helps in mineralisation of the bone so that they may fuse with each other and form a new mass. One can have up to one cup of this green vegetable per day for a quick and effective fracture recovery process. Other ingredients like cheese and raw dairy products are known to have plenty of this vitamin as well.
- Green Bell Peppers: High on vitamin C which helps in producing the skin and tissue structuring element called collagen, green bell peppers are an excellent ingredient that can help you in your fracture healing process. Vitamin C can also be found in citrus fruits like oranges, strawberries as well as tomatoes.
- Milk: While milk has plenty of calcium, it also has another important ingredient called vitamin D. When calcium and vitamin D come together, the bones tend to heal much faster as vitamin D helps the bones in absorbing the calcium at a much high rate.
Keep Your Bones Strong.
Calcium and vitamin D can help you do that. Dairy products are the best sources of calcium, but other options are green, leafy vegetables like broccoli and kale. If you don't get enough calcium from food, ask your doctor about supplements.
Early morning yoga, jogging/walking will reduce fibromyalgia symptoms irrespective of age. For severe pain, pain management specialist will give medicine or nerve blocks to relieve them.
I am 26 years old my both legs are traumering internally and my right ear is making some sound continuously but no pain because of this I am not able to sleep nasal congestion is der vitamin d vitamin b12 and thyroid test became normal but still nobody diagnosed my disease now m going to depression because of health issue. Please help me which disease is this and which test you suggest.
I have pain in all my body joints. And they make sounds on twisting them. I feel my joints are weaker than normal. Can you explain the condition and a possible cure please.
Hello Dr! My mother had suffered from chikungunya about 2 months ago but still she have severe joints pain mostly in feet and sometime swelling appears on hand and foots. please suggest what to do.
I am 26 year female I feel joint pain from last three month when I was suffering from chikungunya fever when I take pain killer it give me relax for short time.
My mom has pain in her wrist after an injury. It's been a month now but the pain is still there. She can't lift heavy objects. So can you suggest some medicines or exercises?
My mother had been suffered from chikungunya but still she have severe joint pain particularly in feet and some time swelling also appears on hand & foot.
Sir my left hand near biceps has lot of pain also it seems not to be growing my left arm biceps and triceps are 3 inches less than my right arm it seems that it always wants stretching sometimes it seems like whole left hand becomes alone gone in coma and numbness I am facing this problem from 3 years please solve it I am 19 years old with a weight of 59 kg I sometimes exercise but not go to gym gender male student of saket degree collage.
My mother is having frozen shoulder and doctor which I consulted has told us to go for surgery. Which we cannot afford. please help us.
Hello Doctor, It is a matter of serious concern. I have checked with numerous doctors and yet haven't found any solution for my mother miseries. She is having immense pain in her right hand. She always feels a tingling sensation and her right hand wrist part is also swollen. I feel that the blood is not passing through her hand. Could you please advise some home remedy/ medicines to permanently cure this? Awaiting for your response. Thanks.
My tailend bone is paining so much that can not sit And lightly swollen wht is the reason this is the first time wht tablet to take for pain relief.
For a sportsman, coming face to face with sports injury is no big deal. But what is important is that he/she gets the correct treatment in order to recover fast and get back to the field, giving their best performance in their field of sports. With regular medical check ups, physiotherapy sessions, training sessions, exercises and gymnasium sessions, sports injuries are treated effectively. However, all variants of a treatment may not fit with all kinds of injuries. Thus, treatments are always injury-specific for a more effective progression.
Here are some of the most common sports injuries and their most effective treatments as prescribed by sports specialists.
- Ankle sprain: Ankle sprains are common among sportsmen and sportswomen when the ligaments of their ankles tear. Such injuries are very common, but also unfortunately, extremely painful and demand a lot of recovery time. With such an injury, even though they are advised bed rest, it is important to continue with some kinds of exercises. This would help in preventing the stamina and muscle strength in your ankles. It would also help you to recover fast.
- Knee injury: Another very common form of sports injury is the knee injury where one can experience excruciating pain. Although, proper rest and exercises heal most injuries in a month or two; those that are serious might even need a surgery.
- Tennis elbow: Tears in the tendons of the elbow due to its recurring use can cause tennis elbow. It has a natural healing process with just a few exercises. In fact, it is recommended you give proper rest to the elbow so that it can heal faster. Even after healing, to avoid chances of recurring tennis elbow, stress should be lowered in this part of the body.
- Hamstring Strain: Hamstring is that part of the body, which is formed by three muscles behind your thigh. Hamstring is mostly a forgotten part of the body and one hardly remembers it. But, it is very prone to sprains and injuries, if exercises involving the hamstring are not carried out properly. In fact, there are specific exercises pertaining to hamstring, which are performed to prevent it from injuries. Hamstring injuries have a very long recovery period. It might actually take up to a year for full recovery because it experiences constant pressure when you walk, letting it heal slowly. Thus, incorporating hamstring exercises in your daily routine would help in faster healing of such injuries.
These are some of the most common types of sports injuries and the methods of treating them as recommended by medical practitioners.