Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta SumanYour feedback matters!
Natural fast food is good for health, said Padma Shri, Dr B C Roy National Awardee & DST National Science Communication Awardee, Dr K K Aggarwal.
Natural fast food consists of eating fruits, vegetables, milk products, sprouts and sattu. On the contrary, unnatural fast food, also called as junk food, is bad for the health of the heart as it is made up of refined ?bad? carbohydrates and either animal ?bad? fat or trans fats.
Sattu is a grounded roasted powder of soaked pulses and cereals. It is consumed along with fruit slices, gur or milk. Green chili, lemon juice and salt can be added to add flavor.
The commonest form of sattu is grounded roasted black gram or chana. Other common variety is grounded roasted black gram with barley.
Originally, sattu was made of seven Anaja (7 cereals, millets and pulses). The seven ingredients are maize and barley (cereals), black gram, pigeon gram or Arhar, green pea, kesari dal and kulath dal (pulses).
Sattu is a high fiber diet with low sugar producing properties. It is a cooling and refreshing fast food with anti-diabetic and anti-obesity properties.
It is a full breakfast, mid day or lunch meal and has minerals and vitamins.
Sattu drink can be sweetened by adding gur or honey, sour by adding lemon and salted by adding black or rock salt. Roasting is one of the best forms of cooking. Sattu is both a fast food and a soft drink for the summer but healthy.
The so-called energy drinks available in the market are harmful as they contain three times the caffeine content of coffee or tea.
Summer vacations can make you very lazy and it becomes difficult for you to indulge in physical activities because of the hot and sweaty weather. However, here are a few ways in which, you can avoid weight gain during the season:
- Never Arrive Hungry: Eating before hand can help you stay away from different kinds of temptations as you go to a celebratory event or a gathering. This way you do not end up eating a lot of junk food.
- Redirect Your Attention: Many people overlook that there is a whole other world to an event or a party than the food. Try not to look at the gathering as only a feast occasion.
- Pace Yourself: In case that you pack in as much as you can in thirty minutes, you bite faster. Biting slowly will fill you up easily and this way you do not consume too much.
- Number Your food items: At the point when there are food items that you can count as you eat them, put a toothpick in your pocket for every bite you take. Set the farthest point for a number of toothpicks you can collect.
- Outmanoeuvre the buffet: At the point when food is served in buffet style, use a small plate and do not stack your food. Restrict your servings to a small amount.
- Restrain alcohol: Abstain from drinking an excessive amount of liquor at parties. It is not just about calories but rather about control. In case that alcohol does tempt you, try to drink some water and then ask yourself if you still need that drink. Most of the times, it is because of lack of water that you feel the urge to drink other beverages.
- Be choosy about sweets: With regards to sweet, be extremely particular. Confine your desires to little servings and only to what is exceptionally tempting to you. In case that you know you are the type who cannot stop at one chomp, it could be very unhealthy for you. Try to tell someone else about it and let them help you.
- Present to your own treats: Whether you are heading off to a gathering or an office potluck, think about bringing as a low-calorie treat that you know you will appreciate. Bringing your own pastry will make other options less enticing.
- Confine "tastes" while cooking: In case that you do a great deal of cooking during the occasions, get serious about every one of those "tastes." People lose their cravings when they have been cooking than they have been eating the entire time.
- Walk it off: Other than consuming some additional calories, this will make tracks in an opposite direction from the food for a while. Get people off the chair and move. Go out for a stroll as a family before or after the dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 27 years old married woman. We are trying to get pregnant. In march my periods came on 21st and in april on 21st. We had relation on 30th April 1st 2nd 4th 5th 7th 9th n 10th of may. What are the chances of conceiving. Also since last two weeks I see white discharge daily. Also I was experiencing pain just after urination. Since last 4 days I am suffering from constipation. Kindly advise me.
I have pcod .Am a active person generally m trying to loose weight from last 1 years have gone for proper yoga ,gym have taken diet plan but its of no use till today. I am 5'6" tall Weighing 78 kg M trying hard to loose fat from tummy region but m unable to kindly tell me what best can be done to actually get result.
I have periods problem. It comes 2 days before or later. How can it come on ime. please suggest me some medicines. please help me.
Hi. Good morning. I am excretes daily twice, sometimes thrice. Now am pregnant. Second pregnancy. First pregnancy c-section. 8 months gap between first and second pregnancy. Failure in first pregnancy. So I started walking and workouts for reducing weight for getting second pregnancy.(56 kgs before first pregnancy ,66 kgs after delivery, 62 kgs after workouts, and used herbal life products after 6 months of c-section for weightless (62 kgs. Conceived. Now fifth month. What is the reason for excreting twice a day?
A new study in The Journal of Sexual Medicine examines the way depression and anxiety during the pregnancy and postpartum periods affect a woman?s sexual life.
Researchers from Brazil and the United States found that depressive/anxiety symptoms, or DAS, can be linked to declines in sexual life for up to eighteen months after a baby is born.
While relationship and socioeconomic problems have been studied in relation to decreased sexual activity after woman gives birth, the association between DAS and sexual decline has not been clear.
The study focused on lower-income women who were receiving antenatal care at public primary clinics in S�o Paulo, Brazil. To learn more about sexual activity, research assistants interviewed the women between 20 and 30 weeks of pregnancy and again at some point during the eighteen months after delivery. During the postpartum period, the women completed the Self Report Questionnaire (SRQ-20), a tool that assesses depression and anxiety.
Eight-hundred thirty-one women participated during pregnancy. Of these, 644 women had resumed sexual activity and were available for follow up after delivery. The women?s mean age was 25 years and approximately 78% of them were living with a partner.
During the interview, the women were asked, ?Considering your sexual life before pregnancy, how would you describe your present sexual life: improved, the same, worsened??
Based on results of the SRQ-20, the women were divided into four groups:
? Group 1 had no DAS during pregnancy and the postpartum period.#11;
? Group 2 had DAS during pregnancy only.
#11;? Group 3 had DAS during the postpartum period only.#11;
? Group 4 had DAS during both pregnancy and the postpartum period.
About 21% of the women had seen their sex lives decline. This result was more likely among women in Group 3 (DAS during the postpartum period only) and Group 4 (DAS during both pregnancy and the postpartum period.)
Sexual decline was also associated with the mother?s age and the number of miscarriages she had had. The risk of sexual decline was twice as high for women over 30 when compared to younger women, a result that could be related to stress. Women who had had miscarriages had a 50% increase in the risk of sexual decline, which could be due to the emotional toll of miscarriage.
The researchers acknowledged that DAS and sexual decline could work in two ways. DAS could lead to sexual difficulties after delivery. But problems after delivery, such as episiotomies, could also lead to DAS.
The findings may help practitioners recognize DAS symptoms and their effects on the sex lives of lower-income women.
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction & Women?s Sexual Concerns
Pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and urinary incontinence can have many sexual repercussions for women. Recently, a team of European researchers described these problems in detail in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.
POP occurs when female pelvic organs drop and put pressure on the vaginal walls. Urinary incontinence (UI) refers to the loss of bladder control and leaking of urine. Both conditions can make women anxious about sex.
The authors explained that healthcare providers often do not consider themselves fully trained to treat sexual issues associated with POP and UI. Also, much research has focused on the quantitative aspects of sexual function for these women. The goal of this study was to add ?meaning and context? to the current literature.
Thirty-seven women between the ages of 31 and 64 participated. Each woman was about to have corrective surgery for POP, UI, or both POP and UI. All participants were sexually active except one, who avoided sex because of her condition, but wanted to start again after surgery.
Each woman was interviewed face-to-face, responding to open-ended questions about how POP and/or UI affected them sexually. Questions focused on desire, arousal, orgasm, pain, satisfaction, body image, partners, and intimacy. Because of a recording error, one interview could not be used. Therefore, results were based on interviews with thirty-six women.
Seventeen percent of the women said their sex lives were satisfactory, with no problems from POP or UI. Thirty-nine percent rated their sex lives negatively and 44% indicated that their sex lives were fine overall, but that certain aspects were negative.
Most Commonly Affected Sexual Areas
? Body image. Women with POP described their vaginas negatively, using descriptors like ?ugly? and ?not normal.? Those with UI were anxious about using incontinence pads and emitting urine odor. Many women felt embarrassed, depressed, unattractive, or undesirable. They were also concerned about their partner?s experience. For example, some women with POP worried that a partner could feel the prolapse.
? Desire. Many women found themselves less motivated to have sex because they feared pain and felt awkward. Some rushed through sex; others avoided sex altogether.
? Arousal. Distraction, fear of pain, and difficulty relaxing could all contribute to diminished arousal.
? Orgasm. Some women had trouble reaching orgasm because they couldn?t relax or ?let go.? Others found their orgasm less intense. Some didn?t allow themselves to reach orgasm because they feared incontinence.
? Pain. Women with POP were more likely to report discomfort or pain, which were mainly due to sexual position, the prolapse itself, or the fullness of their bladder.
The authors acknowledged that other factors, aside from POP and/or UI, could play a role in the women?s sexual problems. A partner?s sexual issues, relationship conflict, stress, and menopause could all be involved. ?Despite the profound effect of POP and/or UI, the confounding effect of these factors should not be overlooked when assessing female sexual function,? the authors wrote.
They also noted ways that healthcare providers can help women with POP and/or UI by addressing sexual problems. Letting patients know that these conditions are common may help them gain confidence.
1) Cuts Your Risk of Cancer - Major researchers from all over the world agree that drinking Green Tea regularly can reduce your risk of cancer. Several polyphenols found in Green Tea are potent antioxidants that can prevent the growth of cancer cells and reduce the opportunities for tumors to thrive!
2) Protects Skin - Consumed or applied Green Tea has several benefits as well. For instance, Green Tea, when applied directly on the skin can help block skin cancer and reduce tanning. That's the reason why growing number of companies now use green tea extracts in their moisturizers and sunscreens. At the same time, it soothes your skin from cuts and scrapes when applied directly.
3) Increases Metabolism - You have heard it before! But we will remind you of the same again. Green tea is often known for increasing metabolism, which in long run, with exercising and healthy dieting can help you lose more weight. Drink a cup about half an hour before exercising and you will feel more powerful.
4) Stay Young - Green Tea, when consumed at least two cups a day regularly can help you stay younger, by giving your skin a natural glow and ensuring that your arteries don?t clog fat and cholesterol.
5) Steadies your Blood Pressure - Sipping even a single cup of Green Tea every day can help in reducing your chances of getting hypertension and high blood pressure. This is because of polyphenols, which can keep vessels from contracting and raising blood pressure.
If you have any more questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Is there any perfect time for sex if couples are planning to have a baby? When is a woman most likely to get pregnant how can we calculate because I heard its according to the cycle of menstrual cycle.
I m a mother of 4 years child. After loosing post pregnancy weight from 72 to 62 kgsI have experienced a continuous reduction in breast size and at present my breast size is extremely small and they lost their firmness completely and at no point of time I feel firmness in them. Is dere is any method to increase the size of the breast and increase the firmness of the breast? Are the breast creams available in the market safe to use?
It can be very uncomfortable when you experience tongue problems.
For clues about problems in your mouth, stick out your tongue and look in the mirror.
A healthy tongue should be pink and covered with small nodules (papillae).
Any deviation from your tongue’s normal appearance, or any pain, may be cause for concern.
Most conditions are not serious, though some tongue problems can be a sign of oral cancer or other more serious problems.
Tongue movement problems are most often caused by nerve damage.
Rarely, problems moving the tongue may also be caused by a disorder where the band of tissue that attaches the tongue to the floor of the mouth is too short. This is called ankyloglossia.
Tests never show the reason behind the diseases it only shows the disease like increase in uric acid, increase in hemoglobin likewise. We should try to know the reasons behind the diseases not why these increased or decreased.
The types of tongue and the problems related to them will be shown in the video briefly.
- Tongue (Human Sense Organ)
- Normal Tongue
- White patched Tongue
- Rough Tongue
- Flabby Tongue
- Furrowed Tongue
- Cut Chapped Tongue
- Swollen Darkened Tongue
- Centrally Cut Tongue
- Dark Black Spotted Tongue
- White Coated Chapped Tongue
- Lime White Paste Tongue
Dr. R K Aggarwal is trying to opportune people by self examine themselves through Hatya Yoga (Ancient physical and mental strength building exercise).
Our aim is to let people self examine problems within their body and opportune them to cure themselves.
Regular 3 or 4 days sex bleeding from vagina a girl age of 22 years what reason behind it and what medicine take please advice me.
My Age is 39, too much hairfall . TSH is 3.54 progesterone on day 21 is 40, haemoglobin 12.4,glucose pp is 136 I am unable to conceive for last six months trying for it. doctor gave me thyronorm, glycomet tablets for one month to balance hormones. Keraglo tablets for hairfall. Am I following right medication? Prolactin is 1.2 and AMH is 3.14.
My wife has yeast infection (candida). This cause me lot of problem after intercourse. Does male also are carrier of these type of infection. I am in doubt because after 7-8 days my organ heal automatically. Is there any homeopathy medicine Avila that can cure this problem effectively.Please tell sir.
Though we may think of chewing gum as something that is a recent thing for mankind, it is not so. Chewing gum or bark or chicle has been around for centuries now. Even the ancient civilizations like Aztec talk about chewing gums. With a lot of curiosity, studies were conducted to see what other effects chewing gums have.
As early as in 1939, Leta Hollingsworth did some detailed studies and came up with linkages between chewing gum and cognitive functions.
Over the subsequent years, though more detailed understanding of the chewing process and neural pathway is established, more correlation has been established. It has been shown to have benefits on memory, alertness, anxiety, improved learning and memory and hunger management.
What sort of a gum are you chewing, that also decides the effect it has. The texture, the flavor, and the density are some of the parameters that needs to be considered. The most common explanation is that chewing gum improves blood flow to the brain and therefore has these beneficial effects.
Chewing a gum induces what is known as mastication induced arousal. Mastication or chewing in layman terms, of the gum induces production of certain chemicals in the brain and also gives a form of physical exercise that promotes blood flow and thereby, improves performance. What is also interesting is that studies showed improved performance if gum is chewed before the test, but had no significant result if chewed during the test.
Chewing gum is also shown to reduce cortisol levels and that explains why anxiety is better managed by people who constantly chew gum. In addition, for people with depression too, this simple, easily available gum may be the best method of treatment. It has been shown to stimulate the ventral part of the prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for causing depression.
In the workplace, it is not uncommon to see chew gums in the midst of meetings to improve their focus. Studies have actually shown a relation between chewing gum and improved focus, productivity, efficiency, and improved professionalism. When a survey was conducted at the end of the day, gum chewers reported higher levels of happiness being at the job and reduced fatigue and stress.
As a next level of confirmation, studies have been done where EEG and MRI scans have been done to establish the relationship between chewing gum and improved brain function. This needs some more corroboration, which will happen in the coming years, but the benefits of chewing a gum are for sure. Further, in order to prevent yourself from various ailments it is advisable to get your complete body check up done.