Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha RaniYour feedback matters!
My friend's , he wants to ask why his wife never moans and even not coming to her best climax. Why this happens ?
1. Fair and healthy skin
2. Perfect figure
3. Long and shiny hair
4. Healthy teeth and gums
5. Strong and beautiful nails
6. Lustrous and dark-circle free eyes.
Anything thing else you would like to add to list?
What all of would want is for this to happen without devoting hours to it!
So here's a simple elixir for your good health for winters-
1/4 cup curry leaves
1/4 cup coriander leaves
1/2 cup spinach
Honey to taste
Blend all these together with some water (as required). Let it be the first thing in the day to enter your mouth. Do not forget to drink 2-3 glasses of warm water after drinking this. As it will help in flushing out the toxins!
Try it for a month and feel its goodness
I had my periods on 14th of feb.On which day my next period will occur? How is the cycle calculated?
Dr. I am trying to conceive, all thyroid, ultrasound sound, blood sugar, immunity and haemoglobin levels are normal, however AMH level is high report is 70.4, I need to know the causes of it and is it concerning and will it get cured.
Sir, I suggested by the doctor to do a pregnancy test for her at early morning by urine and my question is shall we do sex before that night? And my wife's body temperature is always hot please help me out.
No time for gym? try these 6 amazing tricks to stay in shape
Who says you need to go to the gym to be in shape? people were much fitter when gyms did not exist at all. The key here is being active or moving your body, which given our modern lifestyle seems hard to achieve. Going to the gym at a regular time each day is a focused way of getting your daily exercise. But it’s not the only way. You can have a fit and toned body by making certain changes in your daily lifestyle which will be a more fun and holistic way of embracing exercise. It also saves your gym expenses!
Here are some simple and fun ways to stay in shape without joining a gym:
1. Start simple home exercises
- Skipping, jumps, squats, burpees and lunges are few simple exercises that will give you a great cardio workout.
- If you want to tone your muscles, do bench presses, stomach crunches, squats and burpees.
- Yoga is also a great way to tone up muscles and build strength.
2. Walk more
- Walk to work if possible. If you need to use transport, park your car 1 km ahead of your workplace or get down two stops ahead if you use public transport.
- Walk briskly to feel your heart pumping. Walk while speaking on your mobile phone.
- Buy a pedometer or download a smartphone app to count your daily steps for motivation.
- Doctors recommend a minimum of 10000 steps a day.
3. Stay active at your workplace
- Instead of sitting and staring at your computer screen all day at work, find innovative ways to exercise.
- While you are waiting for that printout, kick up each leg by turn behind you. Use your water bottle to do arm raises and arm twists.
- Clench and release your fingers in case you are typing for too long.
- While sitting at your desk, stretch out your legs by turn and hold them straight out at hip level under the table.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator for a few floors at least.
4. Take up a fun activity
- You can get a pet dog and take it out for regular walks.
- Join a local sports team like cricket, football or basketball.
- Dancing and swimming are other ways of enjoying while exercising.
- You can even play an active video game that requires you to get out of your seat and move.
5. Do household chores
- Daily household chores like sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing and gardening are also ways of staying fit. Do them as fast as you can for maximum impact.
- Also, avoid sitting for too long. Simply standing can stretch your back muscles and help you lose 33% more calories.
6. Start running
- Running or jogging daily is a great way to exercise your whole body and build stamina.
- Make it a social activity by pairing up with your friends and colleagues. All you need is a good pair of shoes.
- You can start building these habits only if you are convinced about the need for daily exercise. It won’t take long before you are so addicted to living a more active life that you wouldn’t want to change it! so go ahead and take small but sure steps towards an active and healthy lifestyle and see yourself transform.
Hi I have a question regarding epilive 750 mg. My sister marriage is on September 8th. She is taking epilive 750 mg and some vitamin tablet. I have three questions. Will this affect my sister sexual and marriage life? Is there any possibility during pregnancy if doctor advised to take the same tablet?
I had 2 miscarriages. My al reports are finenow m planning for my pregnancy again n n very scared is there any tips so that I can hv successful pregnancy this time.
Hi, I am 35 year old woman having problem of water retention, swelling and very sensitive skin of face at the time of menstruation and last for 15 days from last 5 months. I have gained almost 11 kg in these 5 months. Please suggest what should I do? one more thing I have copper t inserted in november 2014.
So you have just found out that you are pregnant and you and your partner are over the moon about it! While congratulations are in order, so are a host of tips, which will help you settle into the pregnancy. It is important to remember that the first trimester of your pregnancy is a crucial phase where you may not change that much physically, but will be prone to many emotional changes. It is also a phase where you will make way for the changes that will inevitably come in the next two trimesters and for a long time after delivery of the baby too. Read on to unravel our first trimester guide.
- Pregnancy Test: You must ensure that you know you are pregnant by monitoring your menstrual cycles closely so that even one missed period points at the possibility of pregnancy. This test can be a home based kit available at the chemists' or can even be conducted with a lab test based on a urine sample. Despite the results that you may get on a home pregnancy test, it is best to get a professional opinion as well.
- Finding the Right Doctor: In this phase of your pregnancy itself, it is imperative to home in on a gynaecologist who will put you ease. Take care to pick someone who may be recommended by family and friends. Have a talk with the doctor a few times to see how well he or she engages you as a patient and if you are suitably convinced with the sessions and appointments.
- Activity: While heavy activities may not be recommended by all doctors as the foetus needs to latch on, one can indulge in plenty of walks and a normal routine as well. Ensure that your pregnancy is a normal one and ask your doctor about any precautions that you may need to take with the progressing trimesters. Also, find ways to deal with any morning sickness with the help of the doctor.
- Supplements: In this crucial phase, ensure that your doctor gives you plenty of folic acid supplements that you must ingest on a regular basis. This will keep any risk of neural tube birth defects at bay.
- Other Medications: Find out more about over the counter drugs or any medication that you may have been taking as this may have to be stopped or adjusted for the pregnancy. The doctor should be able to guide you on this aspect too.
The other activities during the first trimester include taking pre natal appointments and choosing and interacting with your caregiver who will also be a support after you have had the baby.
Related Tip: "First Trimester Pregnancy - What to Expect"
Refreshing cups of tea, coffee?
It is a medically known fact that tea, coffee, and colas contain a chemical caffeine which is responsible for giving you the feeling of mental and physical alertness. Caffeine is also present to some extent in chocolate.
If you take these beverages only very occasionally, a single cup of coffee can increase your blood pressure by upto 10mm hg. However if you take it every day, your body gets used to its effects and there may not be any effect on your blood pressure, even in the long run. Women who suffer from low blood pressure will actually benefit from an occasional cuppa.
People who have an established history of heart disease need to be cautious if they take more than 2 cups of coffee and equivalent per day. In the long run caffeine may increase anxiety and depression.
On the other hand long term caffeine intake of more than 2 cups a day may reduce age related memory loss, parkinson's disease, liver cirrhosis and onset of diabetes.
If you want to make your cuppa super efficient and boost your metabolism further, just sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder on top. It may just help you loose weight faster
I am hvng pcod Pcod profile test DHEAS-393.6 S.prolactin-35.57 Taking cabgolin 0.25 mg But after that frm mrng m not feeling well Headache, vomit in the mrng havness etc.
Maine pregnancy ke liye plan kiya tha but success nahi hota so me kya karu maine m2 tone tablet and folinic d cap liya tha ek gynac ne kaha tha agar pregnancy nahi success hoti to ovulation treatment karenge ye treatment kya hoti he please muze kuch advice kare muze pahele ek daughter hai 8 years ki hai but abhi next chance lena he so please advice kare.
The couple had been engaged in full intercourse without protection. The girl has missed her regular periods. What medicine should be prescribed to avoid the pregnancy?
My wife facing too much problem on her period she has too mch pain in her stomach and her periods are not periodically come.
Usually my periods lasts five days but this month I was bleeding for more than 5 days and I visited doctor on 10th day. Doctor gave me tablet called ETOSYS and asked me to take that for 4 days in the morning n evening and get back of the flow didn't stop. As it didn't stop I went back and had a pelvic scan and was diagnosed with PCOD. Doctor gave me a tablet called DEVIRY 10 mg and she told me to take that for `15 days only in the night it's already been 6 days since I started taking deviry I am still bleeding and bleeding heavily. She told me to take the tablets even if the bleeding stops n stop taking after 15 days n I should again get my periods after 2nd day of stopping the in take of deviry. My question is that, why m I still bleeding even after taking deviry for 6 days already. My total period days counts to 20 days considering today. Kindly let me know if deviry can stop the bleeding or will I be bleeding for all 15 days. Or should I even take ETOSYS along with deviry to stop my bleeding.
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..