Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Verma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi VermaYour feedback matters!
Two months ago my girlfriend and I had foreplay and I did not ejaculate but was inside her for not more than 15-20 seconds. She got her regular periods in the last month but bled very less except the last day she had a lot of pain and bled alot. The same has happened this month also but 5-7 days prior to her actual date of the periods. She is also facing pain in her thighs and weakness on her last day. Is she pregnant or is she having some other issue with her menstrual cycle?
Hi am 35 unmarried, In 2017 I took primolut-n 4 times for 7 days two times a day.in November my periods lasted for 11 days (when consulted with the Dr. He said your cycle got disturb because of frequent use of the above medicine) in December again I was normal on date. But now in January it is 4 days late. I use to get my periods very regularly every month 25-28 days cycle. Can you please suggest what should I do. Please.
Understanding Male Sexual Problems
Though a topic like sexual dysfunction may seem extraordinarily private, to be properly evaluated and addressed you need to be able to talk openly and honestly with a health professional to regain a more satisfying sex life. To get to the heart of the matter you will need to evaluate your relationships, partners, past sexual history, possible depression, history of trauma, or other stresses in your life that may be inhibiting your ability to respond sexually.
A health care provider may take you through the following steps:
1. A physical exam checking for:
a. Check for high blood pressure
b. Possible vascular disease
c. Neurological disorder
d. Obvious signs of conditions affecting your penis or testicles
2. Blood tests to check for diabetes, thyroid disease, or other hormonal disorders
3. Review the list of medications and vitamins you use daily
4. You will be asked about whether you awaken with an erection - since men normally have multiple erections during sleep.
5. Your doctor may ask for an ultrasound exam to measure the blood flow within the pelvis (a penile Doppler study) to determine whether there is sufficient blood flow and pressure in the penis to allow for a suitable erection.
What Are the Treatments for Male Sexual Problems?
Depending on the issue at hand a number of possible treatments may be recommended, such as:
Medication to either:
- Increase testosterone levels
- Decrease prolactin
- Treat thyroid disease
- Address high blood pressure
- A change in existing meds if necessary that comes with fewer sexual side effects
- A bid to stop smoking, drinking alcohol, or use of recreational drugs
- A recommendation to eat a healthier diet and to exercise regularly
Studies have shown that taking these measures above may slow the buildup of fats that can block the blood vessels.
Treatments for erectile concerns may include:
• A device that pulls blood into the penis or a vacuum inflation device
• Inflatable penile implants
• Prostaglandin urethral suppositories
• Self-injection of medications directly into the penis
• Vascular surgery to correct problems involving the veins of the penis
• Natural male enhancement supplements or herbal "viagra" pills
Psychotherapy, couples therapy, or consulting with a sex therapist may help with psychological barriers to sexual functioning.
The bottom line is that many sexual or erectile issues may vastly improve with a combination of healthy lifestyle, sometimes some counseling and perhaps scripted or herbal meds to assist.
Many men simply need a dose of sex-confidence. Fear of dating, performing or other intimacy anxieties can make a man wilt. Taking a natural male enhancer to boost performance anxiety often does the trick for millions of men.
Physical and psychological problems in relation to sex are not all that unusual as people age. Many senior men (and women) experience a decline in libido due to hormone levels, medications or other factors.
While naturally a dramatic blow to one's sex life may be caused by illness or injury, it may not be as well known that certain medications like those used to remedy high blood pressure and depression, are also known to reduce libido.
Declining levels of testosterone in both men and women, or possible nerve damage caused by diabetes may impair a man's ability to get and sustain erections. Shame about an aging body may cause a psychological impairment. Even boredom or relationship difficulties may dampen desire.
Remedying the sexual problem is advised because regular sex helps to keep circulation flowing to the genitals, which in itself is a pleasure booster. Sex also helps couples survive the ups and downs of long-term relationships. Sometimes a natural herb is all that is needed to get libido up and running again consider taking:
• Maca - used to arouse sexual desire
• Korean Ginseng - Panax ginseng - to improve mood, boost endurance and treat erectile problems
• L-arginine - an amino acid used for increasing blood flow, and helps with erectile problems
I am 23 year old got enged I might my would be last night by mistake we had sex with condoms I released the sperm outside, her periods are going to start within 2 days will there be any problem for the pregnancy.
Me and my girlfriend had protected sex on 25th december but I am in little doubt that time but next day she got her periods and after that we did it again on 16 th jan after that her periods came late on 17 th feb so we decided to check it and the test kit shows negative. But she didn't get her periods this month also so we have taken a blood test to check it the hcg level is <1.20 miu/ml. Please tell their are possibilities of pregnancy or not. As she is feeling pain on her stomach left side and little bit of swelling as well .it is pregnancy or something else.
I wanted to ask questions to gain. What are the do's and don't 's for bhi the first trimester of pregnancy? What we should avoid for the first three months of pregnancy and so for further pregnancy period.
Pregnancy is a time when your body undergoes a plethora of changes, both emotionally and physically. In such a situation, an acute liver failure only triggers further complications, threatening to affect both the mother and the fetus. The ambit of liver diseases range from mild complications to those that can be life threatening. Acute liver failure or ALF, as it is commonly known as in medical parlance is a condition which is caused when then there is a sudden impairment of the ability of the blood to clot. In spite of the erratic nature of the ailment and its ability to affect anybody with a complete disregard of the individual's pre-existing history of liver problems, there are certain causes that are said to propel it.
Some of them are
- Eclampsia with liver infarction: This is an extremely rare condition. Generally, eclampsia refers to the occurrence of convulsions in pregnant women, mostly in those who suffer from high blood pressure. Those women who suffer from eclampsia along with liver infarction are more susceptible to have a liver failure.
- Hepatic rupture: Much like eclampsia, hepatic rupture is also caused in women who have high blood pressure. This heightens the risk of an impending liver failure in pregnant women.
- Fatty liver: Sometimes excess of fat develops in the liver deterring its functioning. This is not only detrimental to your health but also poses a great danger in triggering a liver failure.
In spite of these, there have been multiple treatments which have developed to manage and curb it. Some of them are-
- Remedial measure for coagulation: The inability of blood to clot blood is known as coagulation failure which is extremely fatal and one of the primary causes that leads to liver failure. Therefore timely and potent intervention of medicine is important to prevent that and in turn diminish the possibility of liver failure.
- Volume replacement: Volume replacement refers to the condition where fluids are replenished into the body, those that were lost but at the same time are mandatory for the proper functioning of the body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!