Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi Giriraj ChavanYour feedback matters!
I have joint pain on knee since long time after taking medicine is okay. Do you have any permanent solution?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on your median nerve as it runs through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain (particularly at night). Anything that causes swelling inside the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, including repetitive hand movements, pregnancy and arthritis.
Cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms begin when the pressure inside the tunnel becomes too high. This results in your median nerve becoming compressed as it passes through the small tunnel.
The carpal tunnel pressure increase occurs when either of two things happens:
- The tunnel space decreases, such as when the wrist swells eg after a traumatic injury, partial subluxation of the carpal bones or fracture or tenosynovitis.
- When the contents of the tunnel (median nerve, blood vessels and tendons) enlarge.
- Both of these situations increase the pressure on the nerve, leading to the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) sufferers will usually experience the following symptoms in their hand or fingers:
- hand pain or aching
- pins and needles
- numbness esp at night of with wrist flexing
- weakness or cramping
- perceived swelling
The symptoms are usually worse at night and your grip will weaken as the condition progresses. Eventually you will notice muscle atrophy of the thenar (thumb) muscles and loss of hand function or clumsiness. If this sounds like you, suspect carpal tunnel syndrome.
Physical Therapy Treatment
- Gliding Exercises: Moving your fingers in a specified pattern of exercises may help your tendons and nerves glide more smoothly through your carpal tunnel. While there’s some evidence that gliding exercises can help relieve symptoms when used alone, these exercises appear to work better in combination with other treatments -such as splinting.
- Graston Technique/Manual Therapy: The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that effect normal function. Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release or Active Release Technique are hands-on techniques that release tight tendons and musculature.
- Ultrasound: Deep, pulsed ultrasound directed at the carpal tunnel can reduce pain and numbness, and improve hand strength. Continuous superficial ultrasound doesn’t help.
- Traction: Some people obtain relief from carpal tunnel symptoms by using a hand traction device, called C-Trac. You might try this device, which can be purchased for home use, if other conservative treatment options have failed.
- Splints: Splints (braces) are the most commonly used nonsurgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. Splints that immobilize the wrist in a neutral (unbent) position are most likely to relieve discomfort. An unbent wrist maximizes the size of the carpal tunnel, which reduces pressure on the median nerve, relieving your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Hi, I am experiencing from lower back pain for the past few months. I mean its not extreme but I can understand if I neglect this it would be a major thing in the future. So the pain is on the left side lower back. ALso when I do stretches I notice some kind of pain somewhere at the hip joint. Could you please assist me with this?
Hi Dr. I have elbow pain for 2 months and Dr. said it's tennis elbow pain and some day bone problem what to do.
I have a stone in right kidney. Some days before I was having unbearable pain in back on right side. Now I have pain during urinating. Today it was accompanied by blood also.
From last 3-4 months I am getting cramps in leg on daily basis and wake up at night due to pain. After pain, I stand up and the pain then disappears. Please suggest medicine or exercise or precautions required to avoid cramps.
Living with Joint Pains and Arthritis
Joint pains is one of the most common and painful health condition. Living with joint pains is not easy. Ayurvedic remedies therapies, treatments, herbs and home remedies have been providing relief since ages.
Ayurvedic view of Joint Pains and Arthritis
According to Ayurvedic understanding, joint pains develop mainly due to accumulated toxic matter which further results in imbalance of the three doshas. Due to weakness of the gastric fire or the agni, when the food remains undigested, then the undigested juice (Ama rasa) intermingles with the vitiated doshas viz.Vata, Pitta and Kapha. This results in causing pain and inflammation in the joints and thus production of the disease of joint pains and arthritis.
Joint Pains Symptoms
Joint pains may show symptoms like – Tenderness and enlargement of the joint with limitation of its movements. There generally is pain in the affected joints, which increases on movement and decreases with rest. Joint pains are generally accompanied by joint stiffness and wasting of the muscles. The pain might increase with change in the weather. Also, in joint pains there is loss of flexibility, grating sensation and bone spurs may emerge. The ailment of joint pains and arthritis may also include symptoms like anorexia, weakness, loss of weight and difficulty in movement of the joints as the disease progresses.
Knee Joint Pains
The knee joint pains are one of the most common and dreaded joint pains which are much weakening and distressing. These joint pains are mainly the form of osteo-arthritis which is a degenerative joint disease due to the lack of lubricating (Synovial) fluid in the joints, leading to the damage in cartilage, bone, joint capsule, ligaments and muscles. In Ayurveda, this medical condition is described as Sandhi Vata. It is a Vata Dosha disorder affecting joints, mainly Knees, where the vata dosha gets aggravated and dries up the Kapha (Synovial fluid-Shleshak Kapha) in the joints. This causes roughening of the smooth surfaces of the joints and later, bone rubs on bone and movements become painful. Although, the modern medicines rests on relieveing the pain with pain killers, but in Ayurvedic treatments for joint pains and osteo arthritis there are long lasting results with least side effects.
This must be understood that the disease of joint pains particularly the knee joint pains, the condition gradually worsens if not properly taken care of. Therefore timely relief with Ayurvedic treatments is the way out.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Joint Pains
Ayurveda medicine is rich natural source of herbs and herbo-mineral products that ensure sufficient relief from problems of joint pains and arthritis. A number of herbs like Garlic, Ginger, Guggulu, Turmeric, Bishop’s weed, Shilajit, Rasna, Nirgundi etc have been recommended time and again in Ayurveda text so as to attain relief from joint pains. Also, combinations of herbs like Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus ), Bala(Sida Cordifolia) , Eranda (Ricinus Communis) Medicated ghee , Sallaki ( Boswellia serrata) , Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) etc are generally given to the patient suffering from joint pains. Of these, Guggulu is one herb I would like to emphasize on that is highly popular Ayurveda drug of choice for joint pains.
Ayurvedic Cures for Joint Pains
Surprisingly, people in most part of the world have not recognized one of the most ancient and powerful systems, Ayurvedic approach to joint pains and arthritis gives excellent results when treated at regular intervals with the detox (Panchakarma) and Rejuvenation therapies combined with internal medications. At Indus Valley Ayurvedic centre, there are a number of Ayurvedic cures, Ayurvedic treatments and therapies for joint pains and related ailments. These are designed to help you recover from the joint pains as well as keep the ailment of arthritis away. The lifestyle modifications with Yoga and Ayurvedic diet will significantly increase the quality of life by reducing pain. We receive patients from over 50 countries and many come each year regularly. Undergoing Ayurveda therapies once a year provides excellent relief.
Yoga for Joint Pains
Yoga asanas and Yoga techniques like Pranayama (Deep Breathing techniques), Physiotherapy and Aqua Yoga are beneficial add-on therapies for joint pains. Therapeutic Yoga as is being practiced and taught at Indus Valley Ayurvedic centre comprises of a wide range of mind and body practices, from postural and breathing practice to deep relaxation and mediation. It acts as a conventional supportive medical treatment. This is particularly recommended for those suffering from joint pains as these yoga techniques aim at providing holistic treatment to the health ailments of joint pains and arthritis at the same time provides with much needed mental relaxation for stress management and positive mental attitude to help you in living with joint pains.
I am a teacher giving home tuitions as well as teaching in class. My right arm (biceps) pains when I woke up daily in the morning after 3 to 4 hours it is ok. This happens on a daily basis should I go to physician or neurologist?
I am 26 yrs old I have shoulder pain from past 5 yrs. I had xray but no ligament tear. I was prescribed with calcium injection and had no problems for 6 months. Later same pain occurs. If I ride bike the pain increases with the distance I travel.
I have accident some days before due to that my knee is hurted and im not able to. Fold my knee when I fold my leg I m. Causing too much pain since I do. An xray and from that we conclude. That. Its not. A fracture of. Knee. Can I prefer knee band and what. Is the solution of. This?
Hi Sir, I am suffering from back pain sir for the last 6 months, how to reduce back pain and also which medicine have to use to reduce back pain sir.
I feel muscle weakness in both leg and hand. I think its due to masturbation .please help me out to cure this.
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. So speak with an expert today and opt for the home remedy that’s best suited to alleviate your knee pain.