Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Priya SindhwaniYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, Ultrasound study chest, A thin (5 mm in thickness) layer of hypoechoic fluid noted in right pleural space Impression: Minimal right pleural May I know what does it mean ?
I am 26 year old suffering from pcos. My periods are irregular. Its being one year i'm taking medicine to get my periods. I am scared that it will effect my sex life.
What are the chances of chemotherapy in breast cancer? How many cemo's are required in breast cancer max to max.
Migraine vs. Headache: know the difference
How to differentiate between a migraine and headache?
When you feel pain or pressure in your head, it may become difficult for you to assess whether you are experiencing a common headache or a migraine. Let's understand how different they are from each other.
A typical headache usually affects both sides of your head and varies from a mild to moderate pain. It can last from 30 minutes to up to a period of one week.
Some specific areas which get affected by a headache are:
- Back of your neck
Factors that trigger this headache type are a muscle strain, stress or anxiety.
A migraine, on the other hand, is also a type of a headache which results in an acute throbbing sensation in one part of your head. Usually, migraine headaches are highly painful. Migraine pain makes it difficult for a person to carry out his/her daily tasks. Symptoms or signs associated with migraine attacks are:
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Pain in the temples
- Temporary loss of vision
- Pain behind your ear or eye
What are the common causes of a migraine?
- Hormonal imbalances in women - fluctuations in oestrogen, especially during menopause or pregnancy seem to trigger a migraine
- Drinks like wine and extremely caffeinated beverages
- Foods such as salty foods, aged cheese as well as processed foods can trigger the migraine attack.
- Medications - vasodilators such as nitroglycerine and oral contraceptives can intensify migraine pain.
How to treat a headache?
Fortunately, you can get rid of stress-induced headaches through over-the-counter treatments, which include:
How to treat a migraine?
If you experience migraine attacks less frequently, these medicines may give you quick relief:
- Triptans, such as rizatriptan (Maxalt) or almotriptan (Axert)
- Antinausea medicines, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), promethazine (Phenergan) or prochlorperazine (Compazine)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as acetaminophen, naproxen sodium, aspirin or ibuprofen
Some preventive tips:
- Make changes in your diet such as avoid such foods, including caffeine and alcohol which are believed to trigger headaches.
- You can also try muscle relaxation exercises, yoga or meditation to ease the migraine attack.
Related Tip: 8 Common Migraine Triggers You Must Stay Away From
We often wander around, spending huge amounts to look for solutions to our health problems. We seldom realize that we can find them in our own house in the simplest forms. Apple Cider Vinegar is one such ingredient that can be your rescuer from some of the most common and persistent health issues that we face today:
- Keeps blood sugar in control: Studies show that people who suffer from type 2 diabetes and do not consume insulin can have lower glucose levels in the morning if they take two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar before bed. Some studies also reveal that consumption of a mixture of this vinegar and water before having a carbohydrate-rich meal can lower sugar levels.
- Helps in weight loss: The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar controls the appetite and in turn increases the metabolism of your body. Studies also state that the vinegar reacts with the body's process of digesting starch which ensures that not much calories enter the bloodstream.
- Relieves you from a blocked nose: The potassium content in vinegar helps to thin the mucus and the acetic acid in it kills the bacteria which causes the blockage. Consuming one teaspoon of the vinegar in a glass of water can be your way out from the sinus drainage.
- Whitens Teeth: Apple cider vinegar would do the magic if you are having yellow and stained teeth. Before you brush your teeth, all you have to do is gargle your mouth with the vinegar. It helps kill the germs in your mouth and also banishes the stains on the teeth, thus making them look whiter.
- Helps fight dandruff: The acetic acid in the apple cider vinegar makes it a tough for the yeast-causing dandruff to grow. Mix a cup of vinegar in equal quantity of water and spray it on the scalp. Wrap a wet towel onto your head and leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes before you wash off your hair.
- Reduces Cholesterol: It is believed that apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which helps reduce bad cholesterol. Although most researches are carried out on rats and cannot be completely reliable when it comes to humans, some Japanese studies show that half an ounce of this vinegar each day resulted in lower cholesterol levels in people.
All in all, apple cider vinegar may not prove to be a complete cure to your health problems, but like they say, precaution is better than cure.
Hlo mujhe apni problem btani h. mujhe before 1 month periods hue thay 2 may ko BT ab 1 month 6 days extra ho gye h. Periods abhi nhi aaye h. many test bhi kiya negative hi aaya h. First time itna late ho rha h. Please suggested me.
Menstruation is a reality of life for women. There are several options like pads, tampons, menstrual cups and panty liners to deal with menstruation. However, there is often a comparison between pads and tampons - as to which one is a better option. Here is an insight to guide you to what's better for you that also ensures your good vaginal health.
Pads have been occupying the most favorite position among women since a long time and it's the best option if you have just started your period. Tampons are discreet and are the best option for swimmers and athletes as it allows greater freedom of movement. Both have been proven to provide efficient period protection but it really depends on your preference and comfort with a particular product.
Size and fragrance
Both pads and tampons come in various shapes and sizes suiting everyone's preferences. There are large, extra large and even pads with wings to cope with the intensity of flow. Both the products have fragrant variations to combat the pungent period smell.
Impact on vaginal health
The vaginal area harbors microorganisms which are needed to maintain its PH balance. Pads do not affect the PH level but the fragrance can cause irritation which is present in both the products. Pads and Tampons should be changed at regular intervals to avoid leakage or
infection. Pads do not have harmful effects on your vaginal health generally if you are not
allergic to the material which can cause skin rash. The impact of tampons on the vaginal health is a controversial topic.
Many studies show that tampons contain many chemicals to make them super absorbent, which are harmful. Small traces of dioxin are found which influences the reproductive tissue and immune system. Tampons have a tendency of absorbing everything including the microorganisms needed in the vagina to maintain its PH level.
Both tampons and pads have some impact on the vaginal health, but which one you choose really depends on your preference. It is advised to oversee their compatibility with the vaginal area before committing to any of them.
I'm male my age is 23 not married I want to become a female it is possible. What is the procedure to change to female how much it costs for that operation explain in detail. If anyone changed from male to female.
My last menstrual cycle went on 6th of may and from then I cannot get my periods I'm not pregnant either what is the cause I've done a test a week ago that is 14th June is there any medication.
The USG report says:- Placenta of grade 2 is seen lying along the posterior uterine wall. OS is closed. Liquor is adequate. Doctor my wife pregnant and she is in the 8th trimester and after getting the report of ultrasonography of foetal profile, I am confused, please let me clear the reports which I have mentioned above ok or anything serious. And a ball is lying within the uterine way, please let me know is anything serious? Can my wife had normal delivery or operation? She and me, both are tensed about it.
Sonf - 100 gm
Isabgol - 100 gm
Cardamom (small) - 100 gm
Mix all well with sugar (300 gm)- store this granulated powder well.
Consume 10 gm in morning before breakfast with lukewarm water.
Repeat 10 gm at night after meals with lukewarm water.