Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita SoniYour feedback matters!
My friend Jyoti (21) is suffering from menstrual pain badly since her first period when she was 15. Her periods are normal in cycle and bleeding. Can it be eliminated? She takes anti spasmodic when pain occurs. Sometimes she vomits also. Please tell me the treatment in detail. What are the reasons of this pain?
At some point of time we all go through a rough patch and these are the times when we suffer from certain disorders. In slightly more medical terms, sexual disorder is known as sexual dysfunction. Sexual disorders are health conditions that could surface in both males and females. This not only acts as a hurdle in the path of an alternative understanding of sexuality, but also deters spontaneous reporting of sexual problems.
Patients largely feel the need to redress such problems; the fear of being ridiculed or being mocked deters them continually. Another way of approaching the problem and its subsequent treatment is to identify the factors leading to its development. Your way of life plays an eminent role in deciding the quality of your health. You may seek help from a professional to bring about fruitful changes in your lifestyle.
Sexual disorders can be categorized as follows:
- Desire disorders: It often happens that a male or a female repeatedly feels laidback about indulging in sexual activity. The problem could be persistent in general or it could be directed towards a single partner. You may or may not develop this condition all of a sudden. Low levels of estrogen in females and low levels of testosterone in males are known to lead to such sexual irregularities.
- Sexual arousal disorders: Females at an older age or after childbirth often suffer from a sexual arousal disorder. The condition could also be found in young adults. It is characterized by a dry vagina and the lack of pleasure during foreplay or intercourse. Amid males this problem is prevalently known as erectile dysfunction. A man might not be able to enjoy physical contact with his partner. Men usually face difficulties in having a proper erection. The male organ in such a case is only partly erected.
- Sexual orgasm disorders: If you are on certain medications or have been experiencing frequent bouts of anxiety, attaining climax can be a headache. Patients of this disorder either fail to have an orgasm or it is extremely delayed.
- Sexual pain disorders: Pain disorders are more common in women. In most cases, painful intercourse is the result of lack of arousal. If the vagina is not sufficiently lubricated, a woman might experience severe pain. Pain can also be the symptom of a serious underlying disease like vaginismus. A medical condition where a man faces painful erection due to excess accumulation of blood in the penis is referred to as priapism.
I am 24 yrs female. I fell down from steps during my periods. There is severe backpain from two months. Will it be remain same and will it effect my future.
I am not getting periods from 5 months. No other menopause symptoms except fsh showing high. Tsh is 10and using thyronorm from 2months of 75 mcg. Having palpitations and gaining weight. Whats my problem.
Sometimes bad phase in a relationship becomes so strained that intellectual possibilities to overcome bad situations by the couple get hijacked with pain, feeling of betrayal and confusion. Generally, such a condition itself snowballs into an end of a relationship.
1. First, a couple should ask themselves, if they are destroying themselves, hurting their partner and their relationship, based on anger and strong emotions? If yes, then slow down and evaluate. Avoid confronting your partner until you’re calm and can carefully weigh your bad relationship phase.
2. Secondly, a couple should avoid assumptions like their current state of unhappiness is solely the fault of the relationship; there could be other issues too, like bad financial situation, unnecessary attraction towards a colleague, frustration in career etc. Remember, there is no intelligence to mix up everything or to destroy good things because you have a bad or a thoughtless experience.
3. Instead of just secretly wishing for a change, a couple could prepare them to do open and effective communication than cutting off or keeping silent. Communicating transparently with the partner generally kick-starts a healthier relationship; in the least, it will contribute to a deeper understanding of what’s really causing the rift in the relationship.
4. Put a sincere effort to resolve the situation, if you fail then don’t wait for fate but meet a counsellor, who can help you come out of this situation.
Hi mam I am 25 years . my last period date is 13th april 2015, but when I check with doctor my pregnancy was negative only so she gave me progesterone soft capsule 200mg for 5 days even I take 5 days still am not get my period, what is the problem suggest me anything?
In my vagina or uterus is swelling nd I think it sores (ghao) or chota sa gilti hogya h nd trouble in while passing urine or toilet. Severe pain l.
Does doing itching in vagina makes it loose as lips of vagina get swelled when I do itching but itching occurs vary rarely as I am not virgin when I do itching vagina shakes it goes ups and down does it makes it loose please tell me clearly.
I had my first baby on 20th November 2015 now I have missed my period due on 28 Oct 2016 and took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive. Is the time gap between the two pregnancy less than 12 months OK will there be any complications for the baby or me The first pregnancy had some complications in the first trimester with bleeding and cramping and during delivery epidural was used as I was not able to bare the pain and almost went hyper The baby was pulled with vacuum. Please advise.
Well, very tough one to answer. There can be no right or wrong answers. Most parents will wish their kids to abstain till marriage and youngsters will always question it with lots of reasoning. Some will argue to have grown up enough to take appropriate decisions and with easy availability of contraceptives, "what's the big deal"they may ask ? They will always label their parents and those in favour of abstinence as old fashioned persons always giving unsolicited advice because it is their life after all ! Why should they listen to anyone?
Sweet sixteen is a very tender age when lots of hormonal changes take place. Surge of chemicals in the body make you feel very different like never before. There is a strong but sweet attraction to someone of the opposite gender you knew for quite some time. Your friends tell you a lot of interesting and romantic stories about their own life , some of them may be a work of fiction . You may feel aroused while watching some intimate scenes in a movie. Many of you try to calm down by masturbating , which is perfectly safe way to experience ultimate pleasure in absence of the "real one" .During one of "those" discussions with your friends, their may be a mention of virginity and wish to try the real thing. I find lots and lots of youngsters to have tried that real thing but is it appropriate?
One thing is sure. As you grow up, there are a lot of mile stones or possible goals to be achieved like doing well in studies, working hard for a good career, achieving both emotional, social and economical independence and of course experience this pleasure which will inculcate intimacy and help you mature as a person. Making babies is a very minor mile stone and many may not opt for this but other goals are inescapable.
Now what ever your parents want , they can't accompany you all the time . It is you and only you who will decide what you want to do with your life . You need to set your priorities right. No one can stop you from experiencing the "real thing " at the time you chose . You can argue that you are mature enough to focus hard on studies, prepare for career and experience "that thing"
In my opinion , it may become too much of a multi tasking. I know for myself I am not good at it. I have also been through all these chemical "locha " There was a strong urge to experience "that joy" with someone changing each day in fantasies . Probably I didn't have the courage to ask someone for a date so waited till marriage Fine, that may have been a blessing in disguise if I look back on all those wonderful years of my school and college. It was not this common as well those days ,as it is today but I could focus very hard on my studies and today, I am what I am. Really, was it something so great I wish I should have done it earlier? It was great and still is , but studies is the real asset I Accumulated to reach here. All people are different so others may be more efficient in multitasking but There is a chance that you are driven more by the raging chemicals and start focusing on it more than it deserves. Really, if by any chance, it so happens, you lose lots of time and may not achieve your potential. This chance to work for career will not come twice . Still you may be capable of doing everything perfectly but it becomes a high risk path. You want to tread a safer approach or walk on a superhighway is your choice. At the end of the day, people will judge you by what you have achieved . It is of no importance at what age you lose virginity.
So decide for yourself what is right for you at which age. My job is to tell you positives and negatives
My cycle due is 28 days very regular last month this is late by 5 days i. E. My date is 25.4. 2015 but period came by 1.5. 2015 this month my period came 25.5. 2015 why it is changed like this and tell me best days to participate sex for conceive.
Flax seeds prevent Breast Cancer
Flaxseeds contain several beneficial plant compounds:
1. Lignans: Lignans are present in almost all plants, acting as both antioxidants and phytoestrogens. Flaxseeds are the richest known dietary source of lignans. These nutrients function as phytoestrogens.
Phytoestrogens are plant compounds that are similar to the female sex hormone estrogen. They have weak estrogenic and antioxidant properties
Lignans are fermented by bacteria in the digestive system and may reduce the growth of several cancers, especially hormone-sensitive cancers such as breast, uterus and prostate cancers.
They have been linked to a decreased risk of heart disease and metabolic syndrome, since they reduce the amount of fat and glucose in the blood.
Phytoestrogens also help lower blood pressure and reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the arteries.
2. P-Coumaric Acid: This polyphenol is one of the main antioxidants found in flaxseeds.
3. Ferulic Acid: This antioxidant may help to prevent several chronic diseases.
4. Cyanogenic Glycosides: These substances may form compounds called thiocyanates in the body, which can impair thyroid function in some people.
5. Phytosterols: Related to cholesterol,phytosterols are found in the cell membranes of plants. They have been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects in the body.
Flax Seeds are very easy to incorporate into the diet. Grinding them is the best way to make the most of their health benefits.
If she have sex with her boyfriend with condom. Is it safe? And if by chance the condom gets torn then what should be done?
My wife's period got missed this month. Today morning she came across know that she is pregnant. We both don't want a baby in a current situation as we are not ready to take chances because of financial situations we are going through. How can we avoid this pregnancy? Please help me.
In my right breast I have 2 cyst, for that I'm taking homeopathy medicine but it's still same in situation, actually I'm afraid about it can you please tell what should I do for it?
How does Fertilisation occur?