Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Gitanjali ThakurYour feedback matters!
The development of minimally invasive surgical procedures has brought about great improvement in the medical field. This form of surgical procedure makes use of advanced technologies so as to reduce the need for making bigger incisions (or cuts) that characterise conventional open surgeries for the pelvic or abdominal region. A modern surgical technique that has made its appearance in the field of minimally invasive surgery is the laparoscopic single incision surgery.
So what is laparoscopic single incision surgery?
A variation of the traditional laparoscopic surgery, laparoscopic single incision surgery is a relatively a more complex process as it involves the manipulation of 3 surgical instruments through just one point of access. The chief advantage that it offers is that of fewer scar formations as the incision point is very small. Instead of the usual 4-5 small incisions that characterise a laparoscopic surgery, only a single incision of about 1.5-2cm is made and is used as point of entry for different surgical instruments to be inserted.
It can help procedures ranging from gynaecological and urological to colon and cover operations like removal of gallbladders, appendix, ovarian cysts, ovaries or the small bowel. The length of time that the surgeon normally takes to perform an operation using this approach is the same as you would normally expect from a conventional laparoscopic technique (which is roughly an hour).
What are the advantages of this form of surgery?
The reason behind the growing popularity of this type of surgical procedure is that unlike open surgery, it does not come with the disadvantages of longer recovery times, greater pain, infection and blood loss.
The key benefits that this form of minimally invasive surgery offers are:
1. It causes less discomfort than a normal open surgery as it requires only a single incision to be made on the body
2. Since fewer incisions are made, the chances of infection and scarring are also significantly reduced through this approach
3. Again, because the recovery time for this minimally invasive surgical procedure is short, the hospital stay following this surgical procedure is also of a shorter span
4. It also enables you to return to your diet of solid food much faster than you would normally do when you opt for the traditional surgery
5. It also sees you returning to your daily activities and lifestyle much faster
Offering a host of benefits, including fewer complications, single incision laparoscopic surgery can be opted if you suffer from problems of the abdominal or pelvic region.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I am 24 year girl. I have a problem of pcos since 5 years. My period s are irregular. I take consult with gynecologist take contraception pills regularly for 2 years, it was my worst experience when I take this medicine my body became unshaped, and have many side effects. I didn't get relief. After that l can't take medicine I control my weight and my period s come but when I put up weight it again stopped. Still I gave no periods for last 2 months. Please suggest some natural therapy so that my periods are regular.
I am 27 years old female and I am pregnant with 5weeks 5 days but from past few days I am getting brownish and radish spotting once a while and also having cramps sometimes now. I have been advised for an ultrasound after 7weeks till then I have been prescribed sustain 200 n mhr bio. please tell me clearly will this lead to miscarriage? As this is my first pregnancy. This tension is killing me.
I am suffering from premature ejacultion and this is affecting my personal life. So, please give me a remedy to overcome this problem.
I am having acute itching and white dispatches in my vagina. I am unable to control the itching and when I clean it after itching, it hurts a lot. Also I am having late periods from last 2-3 times. I had been to doctor for this treatment. But as soon as the treatment ends. Everything start again. I am having this problem since 5-6 months. I am using V-wash. But the problem still exist. Please suggest me some tips.
1) Watermelon - Watermelons have more water than pulp and are easily available. Not only will this relax you but also hydrates you at the end of a very tiring day.
2) Cucumber - With less than 20 calories in a cup of cucumbers, this hydrating food is ideal to carry with lunch boxes to work, or eat at home. They cool and hydrate you at the same time. The seeds are also known to be high in nutrients and health benefits.
3) Tomatoes - Tomatoes and their health benefits are widely known. They cool your stomach and hydrate you. Tomatoes are also good for diabetes and cardio-vascular problems, and are a rich source of many nutrients like dietary fiber, vitamins ? C, A, E, K and B6, potassium and many more.
4) Lemon - Lemon is a super food. Mixed with water, in different temperatures, it helps in weight loss to combating dehydration. Mixed in water with a pinch of salt and a spoonful of sugar, the lemon water mixture is known to cool, energise and hydrate the body.
5) Curd - This is a staple in most Indian homes. Store bought or homemade, it is good to eat a small bowl full of curd every day. A delicious coolant, you can spice it up any way you wish to - by adding fruits to it, or by adding masalas or by eating it straight with just a tiny pinch of salt.
6) Coconut water - Easily available on road sides, coconut water is your ideal drink on the go. While you can surely have it at home, it is highly recommended for students and professionals who are out in the sun, during the day. An immediate energizer, coconut water can be your savior from heat spells.
7) Melons - Just like watermelons, melons and muskmelons too have high water content. The fruit is said to have 90 percent water apart from the nutrients.
8) Buttermilk - Easy to make and easily available in the market, buttermilk can be customized as per individual taste. It is light in the tummy, cools and dehydrates the system.
9) Mint - An inexpensive herb, mint has amazing cooling qualities. Churn it into chutney or just drop a few leaves into your bottle of drinking water, these leaves will keep your insides cool and mind fresh with their mild fragrance.
10) Onions - Red onions in particular are known to have very high water content. Include them in your meals or have them raw, how you eat is up to you.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Sir my gf periods started on 8th of this month and we are interested in physically contact, if I do sex after 20th of this month will cause to any pregnancy. I want safe days according to my gf period to avoid getting pregnant please tell me sir what r the safe days based on 8th date.
Spacing pregnancies is an essential part of family planning. Although it rests on individual preferences, there are certain psychological and economical factors associated with it.
Factors That Decide The Spacing Of Pregnancy-
The mother’s childbearing abilities, general health and fertility.
The family’s income and financial condition.
The choice to have more than one child.
Pressure from the family members to go through another pregnancy.
The child’s wish to have sibling/s.
Risk Associated With Close Consecutive Pregnancies-
None of the children receive wholesome attention from parents as both will be very young. This may create resentment in both children.
The second baby may have very low birth weight.
Depletion of nutrients in the mother’s body. This can happen in case the mother has been breastfeeding recently.
There can be genital inflammation during the second childbirth and labour.
There are researches that show the increasing rate of autism in the second born child who the mother delivers within a short span, after the first pregnancy.
Risks Associated With Pregnancies Spaced Too Far Apart-
Sometimes there are risks of premature babies and low birth weight.
Some mothers may be slightly unwilling to go through the entire process of bringing up a child, as it is emotionally and physically very demanding.
It might pose some birth complications if the mother does not have age on her side.
Besides these, spacing out pregnancies may actually be beneficial because it provides the first child enough love and care. Also, at a certain age, the child is mature enough to welcome a new member. He or she may even want to share responsibilities with parents in looking after the young baby. In this way, none of the children are denied attention. Also, once a woman goes through the entire experience of motherhood, she will find it easier to go through the process once more, without panicking. Parents are also able to take up the responsibility of the second child with more maturity as they are better informed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My girlfriend has M. C on 2/12/16. We had unprotected sex on 22/12/16 and again unprotected sex on26/12/16. Her periods come in 24 Days means her cycle is 24 days but this time her periods doesn't came. Is she pregnant please help me.
If I do sex with my gf on 10th day after her periods and give her unwanted 72 is there any chance of being getting pregnant.
My friend is 37 days pregnant, she has taken the contrapill kit. After taking the dosage she had cramps, diarrhea and less vaginal bleeding but on the next day she dont have any cramps and no bleeding, is there problem in complete abortion. She is worried whether she has complete abortion or not. What she will do now, please consult her.
Hi docs. Am a married girl of 25 yrs age. I had unprotected intercourse with my hubby for last 3 days. I have my last period on 5th of october. I had only two days of periods. May I know my evolution date. And as I had ejaculation inside me may I know is there any chance of conceiving? as am egar to have a baby. Thank you.
5 bizarre sex accidents that have happened to real people
These sex accidents have actually happened to real people.
Sex is supposed to be fun, exciting and even relaxing, but sometimes, things might not go as planned.
Things can go wrong when people try to experiment or take risks without being sensible about it. Below are 5 sex accidents that have actually happened to real people.
Vaginal cuts - Small tears or cuts in the vagina are the most common sex accident and it is the direct result of rough sex, without proper lubrication.
Broken penis - Although there aren't actually any bones in the penis, it can still be broken. The condition is known as penile fracture and it occurs when the erect penis sustains the extreme force. A cracking or popping sound, immediate loss of erection, swelling, bruising and deep pain are the most common symptoms of a penile fracture. As embarrassing as it might be for some men, the solution is to rush to the hospital, waiting can result in deep scarring that can alter the shape of the penis and is much harder to treat.
Wrong lubricant - There is only one thing that should ever be used as lubricant during sex - that is a lubricant. Using other substances such as Vaseline, baby oil, cooking oil or toothpaste can result in serious rushes, genital infection for both partners and even poisoning. Check the labels of over-the-counter lubricant as you should also avoid ingredients
Blocked rectum - Far from being an urban myth, this is a highly common and equally embarrassing sex accident. During sexual experimentation, people have inserted all sorts of objects, including candles in their rectum. Depending on the softness of the object, it might be possible for doctors to remove it without causing too much damage. But in extreme cases, it can cause rupture of the anus area.
Blocked vagina - Another point of entry for sexual creativity and experimentation is the vagina. Cell phones, cans, and bottles have been recovered from women's vaginas in various hospitals around the globe.
For gynaecologist. I want to get pregnant in the month of may and would follow doctors advice of having intercourse from day 11 to day 21 (alternative days) after periods and have 5 mg folic acid. What are the chances that I can really get pregnant? I am really worried and want to get pregnant soon. I am trying since a week and feeling a bit of heaviness in my stomach and feeling sleepy too. Do you think I should check the pregnancy. If the result comes negative so I do not want to delay my pregnancy I want it any how so how can I get d goal achieved In the month of may itself.
A lime may be one of the smallest things when you go shopping for fruits and vegetable shopping, but it is one of the richest. The health benefits that a lime carries are just too many, and it packs in too much of goodness. While the vitamin C is what immediately comes to our mind, there is more to it. Read on to know some of the most common benefits of the small, powerful lemon.
- A powerhouse of essential vitamins and minerals: A lime is a source of various vitamins and minerals, including potassium which is essential for heart health, good nerve function, and maintaining blood pressure levels. It also reduces cancer as it contains antioxidants and bioflavonoids.
- Fights infection: We all know lime to be very good at fighting cold and cough. Not just that. It even is useful in more severe infections like cholera and E.coli infections. As cholera is transmitted by food, adding lime to foods helps prevent this transmission.
- Heart healthy: Lime is rich in antioxidants which keep the arteries healthy and improve blood circulation. They also reduce the buildup of plaque in the walls of the arteries. This also reduces hardening of the arteries, reduces the onset of blood pressure, and improves overall heart health. Including lime peel and lime oil in the diet can provide these benefits.
- Drink to your health: Starting the morning with a glass of lime juice (with some honey added to taste) can be the best way to start the day. It provides energy and boosts you to begin the day like nothing else can.
- Glowing skin and hair: After squeezing out the juice from the lime, rub the lime onto your face and see the skin glowing. If that sounds not feasible, apply lime oil to your face to keep the skin elastic and youthful. Applying lime to the hair is a natural way to keep the hair shiny and black.
- Moving the joints: Uric acid can accumulate in the joints and cause bone pain and discomfort. Citric acid from the lime ensures this uric acid accumulation is reduced, thereby reducing gout and inflammation.
- Weight loss: The citric acid is an excellent fat burner, and drinking two glasses of warm lime water per day can show obvious results in a week’s time.
- Add fragrance to your food: Lemon oil which is made from the peel can be used as a good flavouring agent to many dishes including curries and pickles. While the tanginess is not considerable like using a full lime, it still gives the fragrance and flavour of a lime.
With these benefits, the next time you go vegetable shopping, don’t forget to throw in a couple of lemons.