Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Garima Goyal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Garima GoyalYour feedback matters!
I want to conceive. My doctor advise me to be with my husband for 7 days bt we skip 1 day in between these 7 days due to his night shift in job does it will make any difference in conceiving.
After carrying the baby for nine months and delivering it, the next big step for the mother is to learn to breastfeed. For a woman who has had her first delivery, this could be a thing that can scare her and put her at discomfort. In addition, some mothers can also experience physical pain, which is even more worrisome.
In the initial stages of breastfeeding, it is normal to have pain as the baby and the mother have not yet identified the correct method i.e. the mother in terms of holding the baby, while the baby in terms of latch correctly to get milk. However, in most cases, the mother detaches and repositions the baby. This often helps in relieving the pain and after some repetition of this exercise, both the mother and the baby would know the correct position.
Let down reflex, also called milk ejection reflex, is set off by hormone oxitocin which is released whenever your baby feeds, it stimulates muscle cells in your breast to squeeze milk and may cause pain. Oral thrush, which is a yeast infection, in baby's mouth, can cause sore nipples and pain. The baby’s oral features like a short mouth, short tongue, small chin, high palate, etc., can lead to improper suction and cause pain. However, this pain from suctioning will disappear within a couple of days. Another cause for breast pain could be engorgement. When the breasts are engorged, due to feeding after a long break, there is too much milk, which can cause pain as soon as the baby latches on. Pressing out some milk before the baby latches on can help reduce the pain. lmproper size of bra, too tight or too loose, can be a cause of breast pain.
Nipple pain, when exposed to cold weather, is another condition. This occurs due to constricted blood vessels and is known as Raynaud’s phenomenon. If required, pain medication can be taken, but this type of pain usually subsides.
Allergies such as poison ivy and eczema can also lead to nipple soreness. Even topical issues like use of creams, soaps and deodorants can cause soreness. These require no intervention and minute changes would usually suffice. It is important to remember that any medication taken can reach the baby during the breastfeeding and unless absolutely essential, it is best to avoid any medication for the mother. If a baby is being fed well after the 6th month of life, teething begins and this can be a cause for pain during breastfeeding.
In most cases, proper breastfeeding techniques usually take care of the issue. However, if there are other issues, for instance, the child’s oral features, they may require correction as they not only need to be addressed because of this problem, but also otherwise.
Using warm moist compresses is useful in soothing the pain. Empty the breast properly after feeding the baby. Try to avoid chemicals like Linolin, hydrogel, as far as possible, if applied to cracked nipples, clean it properly before feeding the baby. Applying freshly squeezed milk from the breast is another wonderful option, given its antibacterial properties. The warmth of wet tea bags may also give a soothing effect. Remember to avoid chemicals like lanolin or hydrogel, as this pain is a temporary issue and usually disappears over a period of time. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
During a normal pregnancy, a fertilised egg travels through the fallopian tube to the uterus. The egg attaches itself in the uterus and begins to develop. In an ectopic pregnancy, the egg attaches outside the uterus, most often in fallopian tube. This is the reason why it is also called a tubal pregnancy. In rare cases, the egg may implant itself in an ovary or the cervix.
There is no way to prevent an ectopic pregnancy. Also, it cannot be transformed into a normal pregnancy. If the egg continues developing in the fallopian tube, it can rupture the tube; the result of this could be fatal. If you have an ectopic pregnancy, you will require immediate treatment to end it before it causes any risks.
Risks involved: Things that make you more prone to an ectopic pregnancy are:
- The more you smoke, the higher your danger of an ectopic pregnancy.
- Pelvic incendiary malady (PID). This is the after effect of contamination, for example, chlamydia or gonorrhea.
- Endometriosis, which can bring about scar tissue in or around the fallopian tubes.
- Exposure to a chemical called DES before you conceived.
Symptoms: The signs of an ectopic pregnancy are:
- Pelvic pain. It might be sharp on one side at first before spreading through your belly. It might be more painful when you move or strain
- Vaginal bleeding
Diagnosis: To see whether you have an ectopic pregnancy, your specialist will probably take:
- A pelvic exam to check the span of your uterus and feel for any kind of growth in your tummy.
- A blood test that checks the level of the pregnancy hormone (hCG). This test is repeated 2 days after the fact. In early pregnancy, the level of this hormone duplicates itself every two days. Low levels recommend an issue, for example, ectopic pregnancy.
- An ultrasound. This test can demonstrate pictures of what is inside. With ultrasound, a specialist can more often than not see a pregnancy in the uterus 6 weeks after your last menstrual period.
Treatment: The most widely recognised treatments are medicines and surgery. As a rule, a specialist will treat an ectopic pregnancy immediately to prevent harm to the lady.
Prescription can be utilised if the pregnancy is discovered right on time, before the tube is harmed. Much of the time, one or more shots of methotrexate will end the pregnancy. Taking the shot gives you a chance to keep away from surgery; however, it can bring about reactions. You should see your specialist for follow-up blood tests to ensure that the shot worked.
For a pregnancy that has gone past the initial couple of weeks, surgery is a better option than medication. In this event, the surgery will be a laparoscopy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Alcohol is a major resource of erection problems. A number of people who are addicted on alcohol undergo from brewer`s droop which is a state of male limpness that unable people to get erection.
Apart from impairing your erection countless studies have shown that alcohol utilization is the major cause of risky sex which leads to catching infections and STDs. It is true that alcohol can impair judgment and this revenue that a lot of young people gaffe it as something that improve horniness but as is general knowledge you are less likely to enjoy alcohol induced sex as compared to sex while fully moderate.
Researchers have originate that too much alcohol affects in cooperation your brain and your penis. In a study conducted by University of Washington it was found that men who didn’t consume alcohol were able to achieve an erection more quickly than men who did. While some men were unable to have an erection altogether after consuming alcohol.
That`s because boozing before sex can lead to decreased flow to the penis and also reduces the intensity of your orgasm. It means that even if you are able to have sex after having alcohol you are unlikely to enjoy it as much.
Age 25, I'm suffering pcos & thyroid level 44. Take medicine 3 month thyroxine 100 mcg & ovabless myo, folinine plus. Daily 30 mints exercise. We will try for pregnancy but Negative result. Too much worried. Please help suggestion what I doing for pregnancy? Fast process?
Not getting your period on the expected date can make a woman nervous, especially if she is not planning a family. However, there is more than one reason for periods to be delayed or to be skipped. If this happens once in a while, you need not worry, but if your periods do not follow any sort of a schedule, you should see a gynecologist at once. Your body may be trying to tell you something. Here are a few of those messages that you may be missing.
- You may be too stressed out: In most cases, irregular menstrual cycles are triggered by high stress levels. Stress makes the body produce cortisol which has a direct effect on the production of estrogen and progesterone. It also interferes in the communication between the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland. This causes the hormone communication system in the body to shut down.
- You aren’t having a balanced diet: Your diet also plays an important role in your menstrual cycle. If you have gained excessive weight recently or indulge in a carb heavy diet, the hormone levels in your body will fluctuate thereby, changing your ovulation date. In order to maintain a regular menstrual cycle, a woman’s BMI should be between 17-22 percent.
- You are exercising too much: Sudden weight loss, excessive exercising and being underweight can also affect the body’s hormone levels just as being overweight affects them. Some hormones are produced only in fatty tissue and a sudden drop in fatty tissues can lower the production of these hormones leading to irregular periods. A sudden spurt of excessive exercising can also drain your body of energy leaving it with no energy to menstruate.
- You may be suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome: Missed or late periods are often also a sign of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Look out for other symptoms of this condition such as weight gain, dandruff or excessive hair growth to diagnose this condition. PCOS needs medical attention so it is best to get yourself diagnosed correctly by a gynecologist.
- Your medication may be interfering with your hormones: Many types of medication interfere with the body’s production of estrogen and progesterone. Even simple over the counter medication can make your periods late by a few days.
- You may be menopausal: Lastly, if you definitely aren’t pregnant and are above the age of 40, you may be turning menopausal. As a woman turns menopausal, ovulation becomes sporadic and in turn influences periods to be irregular as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I get motion 5 to 6 times in morning and I feel very tired nowadays I am having irregular mensuration cycle too I am having back pain and abdomen pain I can not do heavy work now and I have waist pain too pls suggest me to overcome my this problem I will be very thankful to you .i am 38 years old.
A healthy and nutritious breakfast can make a good morning even better. Myths and misconceptions are galore when it comes to a healthy breakfast. Many of the lip smacking breakfasts come with zero nutritional value, but they look so tempting that we fall for such delicacies. A healthy breakfast is not always healthy. Some of the assumed healthy and nutritious foodstuff can do your health more harm than good. Thus, one needs to get their facts right before zeroing upon a particular breakfast.
- French toast - a perfect toast to unhealthy life: Ideally, a healthy breakfast should give you energy and keep you fit and active throughout the day. French toast is anything, but healthy and nutritious. It has negligible nutritional value. With this breakfast, all those rigorous exercises will prove to be futile. Some people go a step further. They team this already unhealthy breakfast with French fries and sausages. This palatable breakfast can give your waistline nightmares, not to forget the associated health complications. Bread toast with boiled or scrambled eggs is a much healthier and nutritious alternative.
- Cake and pastry - the sweet devil: Cakes and pastries for breakfast are sure to throw your health in jeopardy. Pastries and cakes are both simple carbohydrates. When taken in, these are immediately broken down to glucose. An elevated glucose level often results in an abnormal rise in insulin level. This can lead to serious health problems, with diabetes and obesity being the most common complications. There will inflammation affecting the whole body. Your skin will be the worst affected. It will lose its radiance and appear wrinkled and saggy.
- Donut for breakfast - a complete evil: It is the best way to welcome the unwanted calories and fats into your body. Donuts mostly contain trans- fats that can result in serious healthy complications. You will feel lethargic throughout the day. Obesity and donuts are like two faces of the same coin.
- The sugary juice - a road to obesity: For some people, the breakfast is incomplete without fruit juices. While fruit juices appear as a good, healthy option, the facts are just the opposite. Freshly prepared juices can still be accepted, but the packaged fruit juices are a big no. The packaged juices are loaded with sugar that can never do your health any good. Whole fruit is a much better and recommended option for your health.
- Bagels - a big no: When loaded with cream or cheese are no longer considered healthy. Flavoured yoghurts are equally unhealthy and should be avoided. Before going for packaged cereals, the nutritional contents should be well read and understood.
Your health is important. The sooner you realise this, the better it is. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.