Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Imphal and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nabakanta Sharma
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nabakanta SharmaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Nabakanta provides answers that are very helpful. Help full
Dr. Nk.Sharma provides answers that are nurturing. not proper
I have thyroid problem. I want to conceive. I am working lady. I get fully exhausted by evening. I have no energy left for intercourse. The same routine exist every day. Please help. How should I go.
Lipoma can be clearly understood as that fat tumour – like protrusion on your hands, which disappears when we put a finger on it. This is a very benign tumour that occurs in the body. It is caused due to the accumulation of fat cells. In most cases, these tumours are painless, although, these might be pain causing too.
Furthermore, the most common parts of the body where this growth develops are the hands, shoulders, neck and upper limbs. Lipoma can be treated with the help of homeopathic medicines. In case you find a lipoma growth anywhere in your body, the best option is to seek professional help. Some of the common homeopathic treatments that can cure lipoma are:
Calcarea Carb: This is the best medicine to treat lipoma in those who are overweight. A few symptoms and tests need to be performed on the patient before administering this medicine. The three parameters which are assessed before prescribing this medicine are excessive sweating through the head, sensitivity to cold air and special eating habits like craving for a particular kind of food. Apart from these three parameters, which are the main ones to be checked, it is also seen if the patient suffers from constipation and acidity. If these symptoms match with that of the patient, then Calcarea Carb is prescribed for treating lipomas.
Sulphur: The next in line to treat lipoma would be sulphur. In fact, sulphur and Calcarea Carb are mostly at par with each other. However, it remains to be seen which medicine suits who depending on the constitutional make of the person. Those patients with high intake of sweets in their diet, excessive sweating, sensitivity towards heat and dislike towards bathing are the best candidates for administering Sulphur for treating lipoma.
Belladonna: Though lipoma is usually painless, at times it can be painful too. In such situations, the pain is aggravated on touching the lump. Belladonna not only helps in subsiding the pain but also in dissolving the lump fully.
Thuja: This helps in dissolving any fatty lumps developing anywhere in the body. In case the patient suffers from high cholesterol, then this is the best medicine to be administered.
Lipoma is a very common condition, which develops in people due to the formation of a fatty lump. It is a condition which needs to be treated immediately, but with effective treatments, it can completely disappear.
If every month I am diagnosed for follicular cysts. What is the treatment for permanent cure? What is the reason behind follicular cysts?
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.
The first day of school is a difficult time for both the parents and the child. Separating their child from them for the first time can be very emotional for the parents. The difficulty is compounded when the child continues to cry every day thereafter. Sometimes the child starts going to school without becoming undue anxious but starts to avoid school later. There may be a blatant refusal by the child to go to the school. These indeed are very difficult situations to handle as emotions on both sides are running high.
However, this is good news. Though it seems like a problem, we, parents should be aware that its an opportunity for prevention of long-term problems. Despite being an opportunity, if not managed properly, may further aggravate the problems.
To strengthen regulatory parts of the child’s brain so that s/he is better able to deal with the anxiety. Rule out real dangers including physical or sexual abuse. At school as well as at home. Assess the methods used by the teacher to curb normal separation anxiety and anxiety of a new place. The children of this age are able to tell the problems which they are facing at the school. We can use many methods including open-ended questions, leading questions or role plays. Once, a teacher told the crying child that her parents would never come if the child cried. As expected the situation worsened. Ensure the child is not being bullied. Sometimes the bullying starts at this age. Chances are higher if the child is younger in the class. 3 yr 1 mth child and 3 yr 11 mths children get admission in the same class.
We need to get her off the school for few days straight away if the cause of the problem is not clear, to ensure we get to the root of the problem. A doctor can be consulted to rule out any physical problems which may be the root cause of anxiety e. G. Thyroid problems, anemia etc.
Once it is ensured that the child is just dealing with the normal stress of separation and new environment with the new teacher and new students, we can start to work on increasing her coping abilities.
- Acknowledging her fears.
- Normalize fear.
- Provide support that the child is not alone in this difficult phase.
- Give examples that everyone is afraid while going to school.
- Emphasise the importance of schooling.
- With all the creative reason one can come out with.
- Have to be both practical and fun reasons.
- Address the cause.
Eg. If the teacher scolds her because she disturbs the class or if she slaps or pushes another child out of anger/frustration.
Reason it out.
What should the teacher do if someone else slapped her? usually, the child gets the reason. This is the way to emphasise to the child that, though the parents love the child and will always be there for her, but right is right and wrong is wrong. By this we also worked in unison with the teacher to improve the child’s behaviour.
If the method of the teacher is not appropriate, then the parents can talk to the teacher to find a reasonable way to deal with the child, keeping in mind her sensitivity.
- Emphasise that the child needs to learn to control her fears.
- That it’s a slow process but if the child continues to put in an effort she will be able to do it. Ask if she is ready to fight her fears.
- Another very important step.
- If yes then great. Continue going to school.
If not then consider few days off for the child. But at home keep telling the child about your concern that her fear may again create problems for her when she will start going to school again. So she should seriously consider fighting her fears.
It is as important for the man as it is for the woman to undergo certain tests before the IVF cycle is started. Fertility is not only an issue for a woman, but it also might be for the man in question. There are certain tests that need to be conducted on men before they can gear up for IVF:
1. Semen Analysis: One of the most important tests for male infertility is semen analysis. Sometimes, a man may be completely healthy, but his sperm production could be of poor quality. Semen analysis is done to provide an accurate evaluation of sperm number, the ability to move (motility), size and shape (morphology), as well as the consistency and volume of the sample collected. Semen analysis (SA) test includes only the sperm count. Sperm Funtion test (SFT) will include in detail on morphology, motility and other parameters of the sperm.
2. Trial Wash: This is also known as sperm wash. It is mostly done to remove chemicals from the sperm. Not doing a sperm wash might end up affecting the later stages of the IVF treatment. In this process, the misshapen and immotile sperm is separated so a clean sample of motile and healthy sperm can be collected.
3. TUNEL Assay: Since sperms build up about half of a child's genetic makeup, a TUNEL Assay or 'sperm DNA test' is required. This test is done to measure the sperm population that have fragmented DNA. Negative impacts on genetics can hamper the success of the fertility treatment.
DNA fragmentation index (DFI) test is usually recommended to men with:
- Leukocytes detected by the sperm analysis
- Age approaching 50
- A history of diabetes II type or prostatitis
- Exposure to chemicals or prolonged heat at workplaces
4. Screening for Infectious Diseases: This test is done for both the partners to check for diseases like AIDS, Hepatitis C, and so on. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!