Treatment & Management of Stress
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Caesarean Section Procedure
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Kidney Dialysis Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for Vanaja HospitalYour feedback matters!
चावल एक लोकप्रिय खाद्यपदार्थ है जिसके कई फायदे हैं. इसी तरह चावल की भूसी तेल के तेल के भी फायदे काफी हैं. इसे चावल के गुठलियों के भूसे से निकाला जाता है. इसका इस्तेमाल ज्यादा तापमान पर खाना बनाने के लिए या डीप फ्राइंग में किया जाता है. देखने में ये मूंगफली के तेल जैसा ही होता है. लेकिन चावल की भूसी के तेल के फायदे मूंगफली के तेल से भिन्न है. इसमें विटामिन ई, एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, संतुलित फैटी एसिड आदि प्रमुखता से पाया जाता है. चावल की भूसी के फायदे और नुकसान निम्लिखित हैं.
1. त्वचा के लिए
त्वचा के स्वास्थ्य के लिए चावल की भूसी में विटामिन ई पाया जाता है. ये घाव भरने, नई कोशिकाएं बनाने, झुर्रियों को कम करने सूर्य के हानिकारक किरणों से त्वचा की रक्षा करने में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है. विटामिन ई, त्वचा के विषाक्त पदार्थों को भी दूर करने का काम करता है. इसमें पाया जाने वाला एंटीऑक्सिडेंट मुक्त कणों को नष्ट करके त्वचा की कोशिकाओं को जवान रखने में मदद करता है.
2. लीवर साफ़ रखने में
इसमें कई ऐसे यौगिक पाए जाते हैं जो कि हमारे लीवर को ठीक से कार्य करने के लिए और इसे साफ़ रखने में मदद करते हैं. इसमें पाया जाने वाला फैटी एसिड भी ऐसा ही एक तत्व है जो कि लीवर के लिए काफी अच्छा काम करता है. इसे कई बिमारियों से बचाने में इसकी भूमिका हो सकती है.
3. कोलेस्ट्राल कम करने में
हमारे शरीर में बढ़ता हुआ कोलेस्ट्राल का स्तर कई परेशानियों को उत्पन्न करता है. चावल की भूसी में मोनोअनसैचुरेटेड, पॉलिअनसैचुरेटेड और संतृप्त वसा का बेहतरीन संतुलन पाया जाता है. फैटी एसिड का ये संतुलन कोलेस्ट्राल को कम करने का काम करता है. चावल की भूसी एथोरोसक्लोरोसिस, दिल के दौरे और स्ट्रोक जैसी बिमारियों को भी ख़त्म करने में मदद करता है.
4. बालों के लिए
इसमें पाया जाने वाला फेरिलिक एसिड और एस्टर बालों के विकास में योगदान देते हैं. इसमें एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, विटामिन ई, ओमेगा-3 और ओमेगा-6 प्रचुर मात्रा में पाया जाता है. ये सभी बालों को पोषण देने में महत्वपूर्ण योगदान देते हैं. इसके नियमित प्रयोग से बालों की सुन्दरता में वृद्धि होती है.
5. रजनोवृत्ति के दौरान
कई शोधों में ये पाया गया है कि चावल की भूसी का तेल रजनोवृत्ति के दौरान महिलाओं को होने वाली परेशानियों से बचाने का काम करता है. ये इस दौरान होने वाले चिड़चिड़ापन जैसे कई अन्य परेशानियों को काफी हद तक कम करता है. इसलिए महिलाएं रजनोवृत्ति के दौरान इसका इस्तेमाल करके अपनी परेशानियों को कम कर सकती हैं.
6. वजन कम करने में
चावल की भूसी के तेल में चिपचिपापन बहुत कम होता है लेकिन इसमें कैलोरी अधिक होती है. इसकी सबसे बड़ी खासियत ये है कि ये भोजन में बहुत कम मात्रा में (लगभग 20%) ही अवशोषित होता है. जिससे कि भोजन का स्वाद बरकरार रहता है. इसलिए इसके इस्तेमाल से वजन भी कम होता है.
7. कैंसर के उपचार में
कैंसर जैसी खतरनाक बीमारयों को भी दूर करने की क्षमता चावल की भूसी में होती है. क्योंकि इसमें एंटीऑक्सिडेंट भरपूर मात्रा में पाई जाती है. इसमें ऑरिजानोल और विटामिन ई भी पाया जाता है जो कि अधिकाँश तेलों में नहीं पाया जाता है. इन्हीं तत्वों के बदौलत ये कैंसर जैसी बीमारियों से हमें बचाने का गुण रखता है.
8. एलर्जी दूर करने में
अन्य वनस्पति तेलों में नहीं पाया जाने वाला हाइपोलेर्गेनिक नामक तत्व, चावल की भूसी में पाया जाता है. ये एलर्जी की संभावनाओं को काफी हद तक कम कर देता है. इस तेल को खाने से एलर्जी नहीं होती है. लेकिन ये एलर्जी होने की संभावनाओं को भी कम करता है.
चावल की भूसी के नुकसान
- इसका इस्तेमाल संकुचित पाचन तंत्र वाले लोगों के लिए परेशानी का कारण बन सकता है.
- इसे अधिक मात्रा में इस्तेमाल करने से बचना चाहिए.
Physiotherapy can greatly help a patient of paralysis by making him/her independent to the maximum extent. Physiotherapy also plays an important role in negating potential complications after a paralysis. Although the process of rehabilitation can take time, it produces significantly encouraging result for a patient to continue with it until full recovery. The recovery depends on the type of paralysis a person has undergone.
Notably, there are four types of paralysis:
Role of Physiotherapy
The process of physiotherapy should resume as soon as the patient is stabilized. It not only helps in relaxing muscles, but also helps in smooth blood circulation. Long-term therapy can ensure muscle tone and overall well-being of an individual.
In the case of an external injury related to the brain, physiotherapy can speed up the recovery and reduce swelling to a significant extent. Some of the benefits are-
Physiotherapy can help a person regain the highest possible mobility.
Physiotherapy can increase the respiratory function of a person.
It helps the person in bringing down blood pressure and contracture.
A physiotherapist also focuses on unaffected area and works on them to ensure that the unaffected part of the body, in no way, loses mobility and retains the natural strength.
Physiotherapy also helps to manage a paralyzed bladder.
A physiotherapist suggests proper wheelchair, splint, braces, orthosis etc. These help a person to reintegrate quickly after the paralysis.
It also serves as a perfect guide for the family of the patient.
Exercises that a Physiotherapist Suggests-
Aerobic Exercise: This is a set of physical exercises that lets the muscle tissues exchange oxygen at a rapid rate. The goal is to enhance the function of the motor neuron and the aerobic capacity of a patient. Support straps and gain belts might be required for a patient to stand on feet. A handrail helps to walk during this phase.
Physical Conditioning: Balance, stability, and coordination is the motive of any physical program for a paralyzed individual. Passive or active motion exercises help an individual to regain function of the limbs. Passive exercise also helps to regain strength. A physiotherapist rotates the thumb of a patient in such a way that the back of his hand faces forward.
- Leg Rotations: One common exercise that is tried by a physiotherapist is to make the patient lie down on a mat with his/her legs straightened. Supporting the knee joint and the ankle, the right leg is moved outward and pulled backward. This is again repeated with the other leg.
Children may run around having fun and growing in the process. Some children may be more active than the others and some may be more attentive at school. All children go through some sort of trouble while growing up. This is because of the drastic changes that the bodies of little children constantly go through. One such problem commonly faced by the children is bedwetting. This problem may be a common one, but it should be brought under control as soon as possible so that the children do not have to face social embarrassment as they grow older.
Apart from providing a healthy and happy living to the children, it may be essential to find a way of treatment that may not leave the child affected by the harmful ingredients of the regular allopathic medication. One of the safest and the most effective ways to be able to treat bedwetting is homeopathy. Homeopathy is a branch of medicine and treatment that works on the body of the user with the most natural ways. The medicines in homeopathy are made using basic ingredients from plants and other organic materials.
Homeopathy for children:
The use of homeopathy for problems that affect the children in particular is essential because of the fact that they have growing systems and the growth may get adversely affect with the strong and highly potent allopathic drugs. It is also important to understand the nuances of controlling the bedwetting issue in children and also know what the causes of the problem may be:
- When the children are highly fatigued, they may wet the bed due to the deep sleep that they may be experiencing after a tiring time.
- In times of winter when the cold is uncontrollable or much more than usual, it may be natural for some children to not be able to control their bladder.
- In a lot of cases, the children may also wet the bed when they have had a scary or traumatic experience.
Just as the causes of the problem are varied, it must be realized that the medications are also supposed to be administered according to the issue.
Homepathic medication for betwetting
Homeopathy is a stream of medicine that treats the body in the most delicate manner, which is why it is a safe alternative for children. However, it must also be ensured that proper medical intervention is attained to start a course of homeopathic medication as well, so that bedwetting may be treated within a desired amount of time and the child may feel free from the embarrassment of wetting the bed.
Eyes are believed to be the most attractive feature in a person. A pair of beautiful eyes can melt millions of hearts. Skin ageing and its consequences can throw life in jeopardy. Sagging eyelids are one such unwanted consequence. With ageing, the skin loses its elasticity to a great extent.
There is an increased skin accumulation around the upper and lower eyelids. As a result, the eyelids become sagging and droopy. Sagging eyelids can be annoying, affecting a person's overall appearance and self-confidence. In extreme cases, it interferes with the normal vision of the affected individual. Eye irritation is also common.
Thus, the problem needs to be treated at the earliest. Blepharoplasty or the eyelid surgery comes as a huge relief. Here, the surgery is mainly performed to enhance an individual's appearance. To treat sagging eyelids, it is important to get rid of the accumulated skin, loose muscles and fat pads. Procedure is done under local anesthesia.
For upper eyelids, the surgeon makes small punctures along the line of the eyelids. These punctures act as the exit points for the unwanted skin, muscles and fats. Following the removal of the skin present in excess, the punctures are carefully stitched. In case of the lower eyelids, the fat pads are removed through an incision made inside the eyelids. The excess skin can also be eliminated through an incision made along the margin of the eyelashes.
Infertility is a condition that can be caused due to a variety of reasons, for both males as well as females. Yet, it also comes with plenty of emotional baggage because there is a great deal of social stigma attached to childless parents, especially in the developing countries like India, where we still hold on to traditional thinking which does not really justify modern day realities.
Understanding Infertility in the Developing World: As per medical science, infertility is defined as a problem that is faced by couples who do not manage to conceive even after a year of trying without any birth control measures. In countries like ours, there is a great social stigma that is attached to being childless. As per many studies by the World Health Organization (WHO), about 15% of couples the world over are affected by infertility. Also, such cases go undetected because there is a great social stigma attached to the same. Further, there may be underlying conditions like Tuberculosis which may have been undiagnosed because people do not like to talk to doctors about the symptoms. The main problem in countries like India, and others areas is that people do not open up about such problems and they consider doctors and other medical practitioners as strangers.
Still in the Dark Ages: Even though we have made the transition from an agricultural country where we would pray to the elements and wait for signs for all our everyday activities from harvesting to childbirth, to an industrial country we are still in the dark ages as far as our social setup goes. There are many educated and well-heeled families where being childless is considered as an issue. And many people tend to go to astrologers and temples to change their fate, where a simple visit to a doctor and procedures like IVF, or adoption as the last resort, can also work out.
Infertility Stigma for Males and Females: For an infertile couple, the problem may stem from the male, or the female or both partners. There are still many social stigmas that are attached to this and many people in countries like India tend to call the woman barren, if she is unable to bear a child. In many cases, the male partner does not even go in for a check up as it is not even considered as an option that the problem might lie with him. Male erectile dysfunction, ejaculation problems, and general infertility can cause a range of issues for the couple when it comes to conception. So it is imperative to have the same checked by the doctor so that a sperm test can also be conducted and the treatment can carry on accordingly with the help of IUI or IVF.
Kegel exercises are simple contraction-and-relaxation exercises that make the pelvic muscles stronger. The pelvis area holds a person's genitalia, which contains a series of muscles and tissues that work in coordination and combination to perform sexual and bowel functions. A set of weak pelvic muscles would lead to issues such as the inability to control bladder and bowel functions.
Finding the right muscles can be troubling. An easy way to locate these muscles would be to place a clean finger inside the vagina and tighten the vaginal muscles around it. Another way would be to stop urinating mid-flow. This is because the pelvic muscles, which pertain to sex, help to control this action too. Once a woman finds the right muscles, all she has to do is to contract and relax them periodically.
Kegel exercises are highly beneficial for sexual functions in a number of ways. Some of the benefits include:
- Kegel exercises help to control stress incontinence, which is a condition that causes spontaneous discharge of urine when abdominal pressure increases suddenly. This means a person would leak urine when he/she laughs, coughs, jogs, sneeze or lifts anything weighty.
- Kegel exercises also help to prevent urge incontinence, which has been described as a sudden and strong urge to urinate. In a healthy bladder, the muscles remain relaxed as the bladder progressively fills up. As the bladder finally fills up, a person gets the urge to urinate. In case one has urge incontinence, the bladder might feel full even if it is not. Kegel exercises help to strengthen these muscles and recover control.
- Kegel exercises can be particularly helpful after childbirth. This is so because pelvic muscles stretch and weaken during childbirth, which can cause problems such as urinary incontinence and can also cause the muscles to sag. In these cases, Kegel exercises are helpful.
Down Syndrome is a genetic disorder resulting from chromosomal aberration. Usually, a person is born with 23 pairs of chromosomes (46 chromosomes in total). In the case of a Down Syndrome, there is a total of 47 chromosomes (an extra complete or partial chromosome appearing in the 21st pair). This extra chromosome is the main wrecker in chief that triggers the behavioral and developmental alterations characteristic of Down Syndrome.
Depending on the distribution of the chromosome during cell division, Down Syndrome may be triggered by three conditions
- Trisomy 21: One of the most common causes of Down Syndrome, Trisomy 21 is characterized by the presence of an extra chromosome in chromosome 21.
- Translocation Down syndrome: As the name suggests, here a part of the chromosome 21 translocates itself to some other chromosome. There will be no trisomy on chromosome 21. However, there will be extra genetic material resulting from the chromosome containing the translocated portion of chromosome 21.
- Mosaic Down Syndrome: This is a rare condition where some cells will have 46 chromosomes (23 pairs) while few others will have 47 chromosomes (trisomy 21).
Symptoms characteristic of Down Syndrome
Some of the symptoms synonymous to Down Syndrome include
- The face appears flattened with a short mouth and a protruding tongue.
- The ears, neck, arms, and legs are shorter than usual.
- Children and adults with Down Syndrome usually have a short stature.
- The muscles also lack proper tone.
- Children with Down Syndrome are often found to have impaired cognitive ability. The condition also affects the memory, both short, as well as long-term.
Managing a child with Down Syndrome
No parent would ever want their child to suffer from Down Syndrome. Along with the medications and therapies, as a parent, you should also be prepared to manage the situation well.
- The situation is by no means easy for you, but if you get weak or panic, things will only go from bad to worse. Thus, you need to be strong.
- Be in constant touch with the attending physician to know the progress of your child.
- If your child is still very young, get them enrolled in the special enhancement programs. These programs play a significant role in improving the language, motor movements, as well as developing the various self-help skills in the Down Syndrome children.
- Connect with families dealing with identical situations. Discussing your problems with them or learning about theirs can help in better management.
- Your concern for the child is understood but do not snatch their independence. Give them the freedom they deserve. They might make mistakes, but it will help build their confidence.
- If the situation demands, get your child admitted to schools which are specially designed for such children.
- Do not keep your child confined within the four walls of the home. Take them outside. Let them interact with people. Indulge in family outings and get-togethers.
- The situation may be difficult but not impossible. Have faith and do what is in your hands.
Are you looking for ways to deal with chronic urticaria? This is an uncomfortable skin health condition which is featured by red, itchy welts appearing on any part of your body. The cause of this condition is unknown to us most of the times. When the cause of chronic urticaria cannot be determined, the condition is called chronic idiopathic urticaria. There are several ways of dealing with this condition.
Here is a list of the top ways to deal with chronic urticaria:
Try to Avoid Known Triggers: Avoiding known triggers is the best way of controlling chronic urticaria. You should consult an allergist for determining the triggers which might affect you. The most common triggers include foods such as eggs, shellfish, peanuts, and several food additives. Several pain medications, physical stimuli like temperature, exercise, pollen, and certain bacterial infections and viral infections are common triggers.
Take Your Medicines Regularly: You should regularly take your medicines prescribed for dealing with chronic urticaria. Antihistamines are commonly used. The use of corticosteroids or epinephrine infections may also be required.
Soothe Your Skin: Scratching is bad for your chronic urticaria and should be avoided to prevent the hives from being aggravated. Dry skin triggers scratching and so you should keep your skin well moisturised. Take frequent baths, and use moisturising creams and ointments.
Wear Loose Clothes: Friction and pressure on your affected skin may worsen the hives. You should abstain from wearing tight belts, constricting clothes, and shoes which do not fit well. Choose soft fabric material clothes.
Vitamin D Supplements: Adding vitamin D supplements may help in reducing the symptoms of chronic urticaria. You should consult your dermatologist before taking vitamin D supplements on your own.
Alternative Therapies: Stress accounts for worsening this health condition. You should practice techniques which relax your mind and soul, such as meditation, yoga, and deep breathing. These are effective in stress relief. Some studies state that acupuncture may also be associated with decreasing the symptoms of chronic urticaria.
Manage Your Symptoms: If you are suffering from chronic urticaria, all your efforts will be directed towards managing all the visible symptoms. However, you must also deal with the invisible symptoms such as depression and anxiety. Living with this condition is a challenging and painful task, which often results in depression, and emotional imbalance. Emotional stress, fatigue, and emotional distress are triggered by chronic urticaria.
It is important for you to consult a dermatologist if you experience any symptom of chronic urticaria. Early diagnosis and an early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening further.
A white discharge from your vagina is normal in most cases, especially if you are pregnant or are ovulating before your period. Further, when you are sexually aroused you will have white discharge. These are some legit reasons for normal white discharge from your vagina, but sometimes your vaginal discharge is not so benign.
Causes of vaginal white discharge
- If the vaginal discharge changes color or is frothy, profuse and is accompanied by extensive itching, there is something fishy about it, and you need to consult your doctor ASAP.
- Also, called leucorrhea, white discharge can be caused due to an infection. Fungal infections like yeast infections of the vaginal tract can cause leucorrhea, accompanied by severe itching. White discharge can also be due to a sexually transmitted disease especially trichomoniasis, which causes a reddish or brownish vaginal discharge. Pelvic inflammatory disease, unhygienic toilet habits, TB as well as anemia can be the reason behind it.
- Further, The cause of this vaginal discharge is that the mucous membranes in the vaginal tract, try to wash off the offending organisms by increasing the secretion of mucous, causing leucorrhea.
Effective homeopathic solution
Treatment for leucorrhea is designed according to the exact cause in both allopathy as well as homeopathy. Rest assured that whatever be the cause of leucorrhea or white discharge, homeopathy is more effective in treating the problem from the root. In cases where leucorrhea occurs due to infection, homeopathic medicines are capable of not only treating it, but also have remedies for the infection as well. In case of discharge being due to physiological reasons, homeopathy is again equally effective in treating it.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines for leucorrhea:
- Sepia Officinalis: This is one of the best homeopathic medicines for leucorrhea at menopause. It’s also very beneficial when the vaginal discharge is yellowish green in colour, with excessive itching in the vagina and vulva.
- Alumina: It treats acrid and transparent discharge from the vagina that causes excessive burning and itching in the vagina. The discharge is also very profuse and it’s more during the day.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This is a natural homeopathic medicine for milky vaginal discharge with itching. It’s very effective in cases, where leucorrhea gets worse from exertion or during urination.
- Kreosote: It treats offensive vaginal discharge with violent itching. The vaginal discharge is yellowish and gets worse between periods. Few medicines in fact have the same power in treating leucorrhoea as Kreasote.
- Natrum Muriaticum: A medication to treat thick vaginal discharge, which gets worse while walking.
- Borax or Bor: This is useful in clearing a copious and albuminous leucorrhoea.
- Mercurius or Merc: An acrid leucorrhoea accompanied by burning and swelling of vulva or the external parts of the vagina. It treats purulent greenish yellow leucorrhoea, which is worse at night.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), a medical condition that mainly affects women of reproductive age makes it difficult for them to conceive. In PCOS, there is an elevated production of androgen (especially testosterone) by the ovary. This hormonal imbalance often interferes with the ovulation process (the eggs either don't mature or are not released from the ovary) triggering infertility in the affected woman. While lifestyle changes and timely medical assistance can bring about improvement, switching to a healthy diet is often known to produce fruitful results. In this article, we will discuss the healthy dietary options to deal with PCOS and infertility.
Healthy Diet for PCOS and Infertility
There can be a host of factors that trigger the hormonal imbalance, one being your choice of foods.
Low Glycemic Foods: Foods that come with a high glycemic Index (a glycemic index is a number that determines how rapidly the carbohydrates in our foods are broken down triggering a rise in the blood sugar level) of 70 or more can be extremely harmful. The higher the glycemic index, more will be the blood sugar and level of insulin in the body. The elevated insulin level can wreak havoc, disrupting the hormonal balance to a great extent. Thus, women with PCOS and fertility problems should consume foods that come with a low glycemic index (55 or less). Some of the healthy low glycemic foods include apples, cherries, plums, dried apricots, oranges, grapefruits, pear, almonds, yogurt (low-fat), non-starchy vegetables, whole grains, sesame seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, oats, brown rice, and quinoa, to name a few.
Maintaining a healthy body weight can go a long way to improve the symptoms and complications associated with PCOS. Overeating should be strictly avoided. Instead, opt for smaller meals at regular time intervals. Include high-fiber foods (broccoli, cauliflower) in the diet. Foods rich in minerals (potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium) and vitamins (Vitamin B, C, E, and K), folic acid, can work wonders to alleviate the symptoms of PCOS. Enrich your diet with green leafy vegetables and foods that are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
While consuming carbohydrates, make sure your diet also contains protein. Carbohydrates, when taken along with proteins, can avert a sudden rise in the blood sugar level.
Foods to avoid
- In women with PCOS, the testosterone level is relatively higher. Drinking milk will only elevate the testosterone level further with deleterious consequences and is best left avoided.
- Foods that are rich in saturated and Trans fats (BAD FATS) such as meat, processed foods, margarine, doughnuts, dairy products (cream, cheese, butter), cooking oil (coconut oil, palm oil), aerated drinks and beverages, can aggravate the condition of PCOS and should be avoided.
- Soy milk is another unhealthy dietary option for women suffering from PCOS and infertility. Soy milk is known to cause a delay in the ovulation affecting the fertility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence.
Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
- Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
- Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
- Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
- Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self-confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
- Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colors or the ability of coloring within the lines.
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) is a disorder found in young children. Some common traits of a kid suffering from ODD include disobedient behavior, vindictiveness, manipulation, anger issues and irritability. These kids are known to have a negative mindset and are very difficult to get along with.
Here is a list of ways to deal with a kid suffering from ODD
- Communicate you expectations clearly: Kids suffering from this disorder feels an irresistible urge to control the environment they are residing in. It helps when you lay down simple, but mandatory house rules such as not raising the voice, being kind to others, refraining from hurting family and friends etc. This will not only keep their behavior in check, but will help them to make better choices.
- Be calm: Make sure you don’t give your kids any room to argue. Remind them that house rules apply for everyone. A back-and-forth argument will give your kids to impose his will on you. Explain in short the parental requirement that is expected. While giving instructions make sure you maintain a calm and collective dialect. Scolding or arguing your kid will do more harm than good.
- Use empathy: Instead of imposing parental will, it is best to be empathetic towards your defiant kid. For instance despite your repeated warnings, if your kid continues to watch TV or hook to the play station, remind them why it is important to go to bed early. Explain to them that you understand his feeling of having to leave the day for the night, but also tell them how his favorite activities can be continued the next day.
- Reward scheme: Kids with ODD reacts wonderfully to a reward system. For instance, if he successfully sticks to the rules laid in the house or behaves the way he is expected, he should be rewarded for the job well done. This reward scheme should be declared well in advance. As a parent, your job is to continuously remind him about the reward if he manages to do a job well. This incentive scheme will force your kid to be obedient.
- Don’t use false threats: Be very precise with your kid about the instruction you want them to follow. If you want him to brush his teeth before going to sleep, make it very clear to him what would be the consequences if the instruction is not followed. Do not use empty threats. As a parent, if you fail to keep your end of the bargain, your kid will not value your word anymore.
- Create a routine: A routine works well with kids suffering from ODD disorder. Every task should be time bound with more than one choice. For instance, between 5 PM to 7 PM allow them to do either of the two things like playing outdoor games or spending time with the play station.
You may lead a busy life and may have the responsibility of a career or a business and may also have to worry about paying up bills and instalments at the end of every month. All in all you may be completely tied up with the monotony of life and may be seeking some relief from all the problems and the only thing that may really come to your mind may be carnal pleasure and not just making yourself happy, but real and energized sex with your romantic partner.
While it may be very exciting to think about indulging in sex and trying out new things with the person you love. A lot of people hear stories and myths about the pain that accompanies sex and often feel apprehensive about getting on with the experience because of the fear of pain. However, when you are ready for your pleasurable experience and need to learn a few things and beat a few myths, it may help if you choose to meet a doctor who may be able help you learn a lot more about the pain.
Myth and facts:
One of the biggest myths that is prevalent in the world of sex is that males experience pain during intercourse, if the vaginal opening is excessively small, which is when the penis may have to be forced inside.
The fact is that vaginal openings are meant to be flexible and can accommodate a regular sized penis without causing much trouble. While you may have to put in some more effort than usual, it is not a painful process.
However, it is also a fact that males do experience pain during intercourse in a lot of cases and the reasons may be completely unrelated to the size of the vaginal opening. A lot of males suffer from different health issues due to which the act of sex becomes a painful one.
The problems and the treatment:
One of the most common problems that a lot of men face is the problem with the foreskin. Some may have issues with the foreskin by birth and others may develop the issues due to other health problems such as diabetes. Another major problem that a lot of males go through may be deformities, where the penis may not be shaped normally and may have a bend or arch because of which penetration during sex may become painful. Other problems that may be a cause for pain during sex in men may be the presence of STDs, allergies or injury. In all cases, it may help to seek the advice of a doctor who may specialize in the field and may be able to give you natural medication such as Ayurvedic solutions and help you come out of the problem.
Lack of sleep can make you feel tired, worn-out and less productive the next day. However, it might not be your fault entirely because the brain tends to become active when the body is at rest, which could be a reason why you aren’t getting enough sleep at night.
Here are a few tips which might be useful for you to sleep at night:
Keep your room dark: Even the faintest light from your mobile is enough to disrupt your sleep. Thus, try and switch off all your lights and gadgets before going to sleep. If doing that doesn’t help either, use an eye mask to keep the light out.
Carefully select your dinner: Don’t go to bed hungry or overstuffed because either of them might cause discomfort while sleeping and lead to a disruption in your sleep. Also, limit your alcohol consumption at night to refrain from making numerous trips to the washroom. Avoid consuming nicotine and caffeine before going to bed as they take a long time to wear off and can cause havoc in your sleep routine.
Don’t exercise before going to bed: Exercising daily is a necessity as it keeps your body healthy and in shape, but exercising right before going to bed can be disruptive as it might make you more pumped up due to the adrenaline rush. Thus, you should avoid exercising heavily right before going to bed.
Plug out all your devices: Create a technology free zone by plugging out all your devices one hour prior to your usual sleep time. The blue light radiated from your devices can trick your brain into believing that it is daylight and cause a disruption in circadian rhythm (which is an ongoing 24-hour physiological process which is regulated by external factors such as sunlight and temperature).
Consume snooze food: Certain food items can be classified as snooze foods as they ensure better sleep at night. Warm milk contains ‘tryptophan’ which is a precursor to melatonin (hormone that is responsible for the onset of sleep) and ensures better sleep or you could have a spoon of honey which releases ‘orexin’ (a chemical that affects wakefulness and appetite) that reduces alertness levels.
Tying your tubes or tubal sterilisation is also known as Tubal Ligation a process that may be carried out due to number of reasons. This kind of permanent birth control also includes cutting or blocking of the fallopian tubes so as to avoid pregnancy. With the help of this procedure, one can block the path along which the sperm travels in order to reach the egg and fertilise it. This procedure can be done at any time including right after childbirth. Read on to know more about tubal ligation.
Reasons: There are many reasons why this procedure may be conducted. This is usually done to prevent pregnancy on a permanent basis. However, it is important to remember that this procedure may not suit everyone. One alternative procedure is a hysteroscopic sterilisation, which involves the placement of a small coil in the fallopian tubes through a path formed via the cervix. With the help of this insert, scar tissue is formed, thus effectively blocking and sealing off the tubes.
Risk of Damage to Organs: There are many risks that can be borne due to the procedure of tubal ligation. One of the main issues remains potential damage to the bowels which can lead to gastrointestinal complications in the long run. Also, the bladder and surrounding blood vessels may undergo such damage.
Medical History: This procedure can cause further complications like excessive bleeding and others, if you have had surgery in the pelvic and abdominal area earlier, as the wounds may suffer inflammation if the procedure is recent enough. Also, if you have a medical history of obesity or even diabetes, then this can create further complications after the procedure.
Infection: If the wound does not heal properly, then there is a chance of catching infections in the area which can lead to excessive bleeding, pain and fever along with other complications that have to do with the procedure and the organs at play.
Guarantee: This procedure cannot prevent sexually transmitted diseases. Also, one must remember that less than one out of 100 women who go through this procedure, actually get pregnant. Yet, if you are relatively young when the procedure happens, there are higher chances of the procedure failing to prevent pregnancy. Also, in such cases, the risk of ectopic pregnancy increases quite significantly.
After the advent of the internet, the availability of pornography or explicit video material has become widespread. The availability of this material resulted in a large section of the population relying on it for sexual pleasures as well as living their fantasies through the digital realm. Internet porn is the new kid on the block in the world of addiction:
Easy accessibility of porn can give you a quick spike of dopamine through sexual pleasure have resulted in patterns of addiction among many boys and girls. Porn addiction is a phenomenon which has been exacerbated by the easy availability of pornography on the internet. It has not only affected sexual habits such as masturbation, but has also caused hindrances in the daily lives of people and has affecting their relationships.
A brain on porn is similar to a brain on alcohol
While it may seem a bit far-fetched, studies of brain scans have shown that people watching porn experience the same effects or pleasure that alcohol gives them. It is a neural circuit which releases pleasure hormones when you sexually pleasure yourself by masturbating to porn. The reward circuit of the brain recognizes this pattern and starts creating please pathways where you want more of it. As you keep doing it more and more, the resistance level increases and you tend to need more. This is a classic sign of addiction.
Healthy and unhealthy masturbation
Masturbation is a natural and normal process that every human indulges in. However, a brain addicted to porn will use it as an addict uses a substance. Masturbation is the physical act through which the dopamine would be released. Once it has become an addiction, you would either want to have the daily fix for at least a few hours which you would ensure to take out of your daily routine. This time could have been invested in other fruitful activities when it ends up going to the addiction. In some cases, studies have shown that many would rather do it a few times a week but, would spend extended hours masturbating to porn.
Effects of excess masturbation
Some of the effects of porn addiction and excessive masturbation could be
- Premature ejaculation problem ( quick masturbation leads to chronic less timing to discharge)
- Erectile dysfunction when you are with a partner and in a real life scenario due to dependence on particular porn fantasies
- Inability to have or form intimate relationships which are not just sexual but emotional and mental as well
- Lethargy to go to work or school due to addiction related problems
- Breakdown in relationships, even with family members and friends
Thus, it is imperative that you seek sexologist or sexual counsellor for help to slow down the habit and break the cycle of addiction and ensure that you are able to lead a normal life without disruptions so as to allow yourself to be able to form normal sexual relationships.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Imbalance in the level of calcium: Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmul for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone: The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+) which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar. They are:
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time but, unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.