Doctors in Panacea Meridian Hospital
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nose Infection
Submit a review for Panacea Meridian HospitalYour feedback matters!
Sir I am having retrocalcaneal bursitis, Dr. plastered me and injected on me but still pain is there Dr. suggested me to have surgery, should I have it or not ,I am 21 years old and a sports man ,what should I do now?
I am suffering from severe pain in shin bone whenever I relax my legs especially when I am working while sitting on chair. Its happening since 3 months. I tried medicines, gels and rest for shin splints but its not helping. What should I do?
Acute sinusitis is a type of infection of the sinus. It involves an infection or inflammation of your sinus membranes. The most common symptom of sinusitis is that you have trouble draining mucus from your nose. The sinus is the cavity around the nasal passage and it may swell up when this condition occurs. Usually, the symptoms are temporary.
However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis, medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Paracetamol: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of Paracetamol.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!