Doctors in Elbit Polyclinics Tarnaka
Management of Abortion
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of H.I.V
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Elbit Polyclinics TarnakaYour feedback matters!
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly.
For some women, having their own children is not as easy as it seems. Suffering from more than two or more miscarriages is known as recurrent miscarriage. This experience affects every aspect of a woman’s life from her mental and emotional health to her physical health and social well-being.
It is important for a woman undergoing this experience to keep in mind that she can still give birth to a healthy baby even after recurrent miscarriages.
- Talk to people: A miscarriage can affect your emotional health and self-image, but you must remember that you are in a way responsible for the miscarriage. Talk to other women who have had a similar experience and share your feelings with them. Men and women cope with a miscarriage in different ways and hence work on communicating your feelings with your partner. Do not suppress your feelings, but acknowledge them and work through them. You may also find it beneficial to talk to a counsellor or get involved with a support group.
- Give yourself a break: It’s ok to not attend your friend’s baby shower when you’ve recently suffered a miscarriage. Instead of surrounding yourself with your friend’s babies and children, take a break and pay attention to yourself. Develop a hobby or find something to keep yourself busy. Take a holiday with your partner and find ways to reconnect with them. Find your own way of acknowledging the pregnancy. This could be in the form of writing about it, naming the baby or planting a tree in memory of the baby.
- Get proactive: Don’t sink into despair because of your miscarriages. Educate yourself about the various reasons you may have miscarried the baby by reading books or talking to medical professionals. This can help prevent future miscarriages.
Gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly performed surgical procedures. Gallbladder removal surgery is usually performed with minimally invasive techniques and the medical name for this procedure is Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy or Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal.
The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ that rests beneath the right side of the liver. Its main purpose is to collect and concentrate a digestive liquid (bile) produced by the liver. Bile is released from the gallbladder after eating, aiding digestion. Bile travels through narrow tubular channels (bile ducts) into the small intestine. Removal of the gallbladder is not associated with any impairment of digestion in most people.
What Causes Gallbladder Problems?
Gallbladder problems are usually caused by the presence of gallstones which are usually small and hard, consisting primarily of cholesterol and bile salts that form in the gallbladder or in the bile duct.
It is uncertain why some people form gallstones but risk factors include being female, prior pregnancy, age over 40 years and being overweight. Gallstones are also more common as you get older and some people may have a family history of gallstones. There is no known means to prevent gallstones.
These stones may block the flow of bile out of the gallbladder, causing it to swell and resulting in sharp abdominal pain, vomiting, indigestion and, occasionally, fever. If the gallstone blocks the common bile duct, jaundice (a yellowing of the skin) can occur.
- Ultrasound is most commonly used to find gallstones.
- In a few more complex cases, other X-ray test such as a CT scan or a gallbladder nuclear medicine scan may be used to evaluate gallbladder disease.
Gallstones do not go away on their own. Some can be temporarily managed by making dietary adjustments, such as reducing fat intake. This treatment has a low, short-term success rate. Symptoms will eventually continue unless the gallbladder is removed. Treatments to break up or dissolve gallstones are largely unsuccessful.
Surgical removal of the gallbladder is the time-honored and safest treatment of gallbladder disease.
What are the Advantages of Performing Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal?
- Rather than a five to seven inch incision, the operation requires only four small openings in the abdomen.
- Patients usually have minimal post-operative pain.
- Patients usually experience faster recovery than open gallbladder surgery patients.
- Most patients go home the same day of the surgery and enjoy a quicker return to normal activities.
Are you a Candidate?
Although there are many advantages to laparoscopic gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy), the procedure may not be appropriate for some patients who have severe complicated gallbladder disease or previous upper abdominal surgery. A thorough medical evaluation by your personal physician, in consultation with a surgeon trained in laparoscopy, can determine if laparoscopic gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy) is an appropriate procedure for you.
Anal breathing is the beginner’s version of Tao’s Qi Gong. It focuses on the lower portion of the body. Anal breathing helps young men and boys suffering from critical sex problems such as impotence and weak erection. The knowledge of anal breathing is passed by the Tao masters of China thousands of years ago. This method aims at enhancing the bio-energy flow from the conception vessel and Governor's vessel. Once the technique is mastered, it can fetch rich benefits to people suffering from sexual problems.
How is anal breathing done?
Tips to contract the muscles:
- Beginners have a tendency to contract the anal muscles harder than necessary. Hard contractions end up in doing more harm than good. With more practice, it is possible to master the procedure of contracting the tailbone-anus muscles thereby improving the quality of the erection.
- The pressure applied to the bladder should be very less. The pressure should be such that the relaxation and the expansion of the prostate and the PC muscles happen smoothly.
- In case a person possesses a weak prostate or PC muscle, it is advised that he consumes herbs such as the Patricia, Pyrrosia, dianthus etc.
Check the reservoir:
If the morning erection is no more felt or there is a feeling of fatigue in an individual, the testosterone percentage may be extremely low or non-existent. It is the testosterone that produces nitric oxide to empower erection. If testosterone is lagging in a person, it is advised that necessary measures are taken to build up testosterone levels in the body. This could be done by hormonal therapy, consumption of herbs, medications and such other ways.
Why does it hurt during sex?
Painful intercourse can occur for a number of reasons – ranging from structural problems to psychological concerns. Women experience painful intercourse atleast once in their entire lifetime. The medical term for painful intercourse is dyspareunia. It is a persistent or recurrent genital pain that occurs just before, during or after intercourse. Physical causes of painful intercourse differ, depending on whether the pain occurs at entry or with deep thrusting. Also, certain emotional factors can also be probable causes of painful sex.
Pain during penetration may be associated with a range of factors:
1. Insufficient lubrication
Insufficient lubrication is caused by a drop in estrogen levels after menopause, after child birth or during breast feeding. Certain medications inhibit desire or arousal, decreasing lubrication and making sex painful. These include antidepressants, high blood pressure medications, sedatives and certain birth control pills.
2. Injury, trauma or irritation
3. Infection or skin disorder
Infection in the genital area or urinary tract can cause painful intercourse. Eczema or other skin problems in the genital area can also cause problem.
1. Certain illness and condition
2. Surgeries or medical treatment
1. Psychological problems
2. Stress and tension
You may have a million things to worry about in a day, but taking that tension to bed with you can lead to painful sex. Your pelvic floor muscle tightens in response to stress in your life. This can contribute to pain during intercourse.
3. History of sexual abuse
If you've had a history of some form of sexual abuse or are scared of sex, pain during intercourse because of your past experience(s) may be a possible cause for an unpleasant sexual experience in the present.
Sometimes children suffer from conditions where their feet may not be in proper shape or size which can affect their posture. Most of the times the disorders correct themselves as they grow up but certainly there can be situations where medical attention is required. These conditions can be normal variations in the anatomy as well which don't essentially require treatment. Some of the common orthopedic disorders found in children include:
1. Flatfeet: While most babies are born with flat feet which develop arches as they grow, in some case the arches remain underdeveloped even after they grow older. Their feet may turn inwards while they walk due to their flat nature. There is no inherent problem in this condition unless it becomes painful. Doctors may recommend special footwear with arches inserted for support to reduce the pain.
2. Toe Walking: Toe walking is not a disorder while your child is just learning to walk. Toddlers who continue to walk on their toes after the age of 3 may require medical attention. Toe walking on one leg or persistent toe walking can be due to other medical conditions like muscle weakness, cerebral palsy or autism. It is advisable to take your child to a therapist for casting the foot and ankle which can help stretch the muscles.
3. Pigeon Toes: In toeing or pigeon toeing is common among babies when they are first learning to walk. Sometimes children above 3 years walk with their toes inwards which can be due to femoral anteversion. This happens when upper part of the leg bends more than it naturally should causing inward rotation of the feet. Specially designed shoes and braces can help to correct this condition. Usually the condition corrects on its own with age and does not interfere with sport activities which involve running.
4. Knock-Knees: It is a common tendency among children aged between 3 and 6 to develop knock-knees (genu valgum), since their bodies go through natural shift in alignment. Usually treatment is not required as the legs straighten out eventually. Knock knees on one side or persistent knock knees may require medical attention. Children with this disorder may suffer from pain hence in some cases surgery is recommended after the age of 10.
Proper rest and a sound sleep are prerequisites for keeping the physical and mental health in good shape. Difficulty to fall asleep or having a disturbed and interrupted sleep day after day can be a nightmare. In addition to the immense physical exhaustion and fatigue, insomnia can leave a person stressed out mentally which is bound to have an impact on their professional as well as personal lives and commitments. Over the last few years, incidences of insomnia have been rising at an alarming rate.
Insomnia does not always exhibit similar symptoms in all the affected individuals. In some, the condition may be short-term, lasting for a few days or weeks (Transient Insomnia). In some, the problem may appear on and off (Intermittent Insomnia). In extreme cases, insomnia and the associated discomfort may continue for months (Chronic Insomnia). In some instances, insomnia appears as a symptom associated with health conditions such as diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, heart ailments, GERD, to name a few. Severe stress and anxiety along with unhealthy dietary and lifestyle habits are also known to play a pivotal role resulting in insomnia.
The goodness of Unani in treating Insomnia
Unani is one of the ancient forms of medications that has gained immense worldwide appreciation due to its effectiveness in treating various threatening and complicated health conditions including insomnia. In case of Insomnia, the Unani treatment involves a combination of Dietotherapy, Regimental Therapy, and Pharmacotherapy. The main aim of the Unani treatment is to treat insomnia by restoring the balance between the four humors namely, Blood (Dum), Yellow bile (Safra), Phlegm (Balgham), and Black bile (Sauda). It is these four humors that not only nourish the body and the vital organs but also keeps the various health conditions at bay.
With Dietotherapy or Ilaj Bil Ghiza, the aim is to bring the necessary dietary changes to deal with insomnia. The daily intake of banana, walnuts, kale, lettuce leaves, sweet potatoes, herbal tea (especially Chamomile), grapefruits, turkey and red meat (in moderation), whole grains, go a long way to improve the condition of insomnia. People with insomnia should, however, try and avoid processed foods, cheese, pork, aerated, caffeinated and alcoholic drinks, as much as possible. Unani also suggests that the dinner should be light and taken at least 2-3 hours before going to sleep.
Pharmacotherapy or Ilaj Bil Dawa involves the use of Unani medicine to alleviate the discomfort. Some of the medicines often used in treating insomnia includes:
- Rogan Kaddo
- Rogan Badaam
- Hareera Magaz Badaam
- Exercise (Riyazat)
- Massages (Dalk)
- Leeching (Taleeq-e-Alaq)
- Venesection (Fasd)
- Turkish bath (Hammam)
What is an Endocrine Surgery?
It is a surgery of one or more endocrine glands. Endocrine glands are glands which secrete hormones and control function of almost all the cells in the body. It is a surgical subspecialty. It includes surgery of endocrine glands, such as the thyroid gland, the parathyroid gland, the adrenal gland, glands of the endocrine pancreas, and some neuroendocrine glands.
Which are the Clinical Conditions that require Endocrinal Surgeries?
The conditions which require endocrinal surgery are as follows:
- Thyroid disorders: Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), thyroid nodules, goiter, thyroid cancer, and thyroid cyst
- Parathyroid disorders: Primary hyperparathyroidism
- Adrenal gland disorders: Conn syndrome, pheochromocytoma, adrenocortical cancer, or Cushing's syndrome
- Diseases of pancreas: Insulinomas, gastrinomas, or type 1 diabetes
- Diseases of the pineal gland
- Disorders of the pituitary gland
Which surgeries are included in it?
Surgeries can be minimally invasive, such as laparoscopic surgeries or open surgeries. It includes following surgeries:
- Surgical removal of the thyroid gland (thyroidectomy) either as a part of the gland (lobectomy or hemithyroidectomy) or the whole gland (total thyroidectomy)
- Surgical removal of the parathyroid gland (parathyroidectomy)
- Surgical removal of the adrenal gland (either laparoscopic removal or open surgery)
- Adrenalectomy (i.e., surgical removal of the adrenal gland)
- Pancreatic surgery (simple tumor enucleation to larger resections)
- Surgical removal of the pineal gland (pinealectomy)
- Surgical removal of the pituitary gland (hypophysectomy or transsphenoidal surgery)
What Care needs to be Taken Preoperatively?
Following tests need to be done prior to the surgeries:
- Complete blood count
- Kidney profile
- Serum electrolytes
- Blood group
- Blood sugar
- ECG (for the patients who are 40 years and older)
- Chest X-ray (for the patients who are 60 years and older)All the tests need to be done 24 hours before the surgery.
After completing the tests, the doctor will evaluate the reports and will advise undergoing surgery accordingly.
Which medication needs to be adjusted?
Medications which need to be adjusted before the surgery are as follows:
- Aspirin, ibuprofen, and vitamin E should be stopped one week prior to surgery unless otherwise directed by the doctor.
- Dosages of coumadin, steroids, and/or insulin need to be adjusted or substituted by another medication before surgery.
What are the complications of surgery?
Following are the most common complications:
- Infection due improper aseptic precautions
- Bleeding from the surgical wound
- Change in a patient’s voice and swallowing difficulty
- Low thyroid function
- Hypoparathyroidism (low blood levels of calcium caused by the removal of the parathyroid)
- Formation of seroma (swelling caused by a collection of fluid beneath the incision site)
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Lentil soup or dal should only be consumed in limited amounts to prevent the formation of gas. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.
Cholesterol is a fatty, waxy substance which is found naturally in the blood and is produced by the liver. It is essential for the formation of cell membranes and is an important component of Vitamin D and steroid hormones. But if you are eating food that is rich in fat then you are ingesting cholesterol in an amount that is more than what your body needs.
Though cholesterol is important for the normal functioning of the body, it needs to be kept within a normal range.
What are the risk factors associated with Cholesterol?
High levels of cholesterol can increase the risks of cardiovascular diseases and result in a stroke or heart attack. A blood test is the only method that can be used to diagnose high cholesterol but a genetic pre-disposition towards high cholesterol can increase the risks as well. Also, a person’s age, blood sugar levels, whether or not he/she smokes, are also contributing factors. High level of cholesterol does not typically have any symptom that can be identified by an individual, it usually results in a medical emergency that leads to its detection.
How Homeopathy can help cure cholesterol?
Homeopathy can help reduce the levels of cholesterol by treating the underlying condition. By treating the liver, it stops the excess production of cholesterol and reduces the risks of any severe medical condition.
Homeopathy helps attain and maintain normal levels of cholesterol and thereby helps detoxify and enhance the immune system. It also helps regulate cardiovascular functions and helps maintain a healthy circulatory system.
What are the benefits of Homeopathic treatments for Cholesterol?
Homeopathic treatments offer a permanent solution to the problem of elevated cholesterol levels. But there are also other benefits that homeopathy offers-
Long lasting Effects-
Though conventional options of treatment might provide you with immediate results, homeopathy offers long lasting results. Homeopathic treatments tackle the condition at its roots thereby providing permanent results. It also prevents the reoccurrence of the condition. Homeopathic treatments are also tailored to the patient’s needs by taking into consideration factors such as age, medical history, pre-existing allergies.
No side effects-
Homeopathy uses components which are natural and as such have next to no side-effects. They can be administered to patients across all age-groups. They contain low doses of medication and can be safely used by elderly patients and pregnant women.
Extremely effective for long lasting and chronic conditions, homeopathy helps treat diseases and conditions promptly from its roots.
Other Heart Problems and its Homeopathic Medication
Although heart ailments are usually common in people over 45 years, many young adults these days are susceptible to such conditions owing to poor dietary plans and sedentary lifestyles. According to experts, over 70% of the Indian population die from heart disorders.
The most common types of heart ailment prevalent in Indians are listed below-
- Heart attack- the most common, predominant cause of death associated with cardiovascular diseases. This occurs when the supply of blood to your heart is completely stopped. This happens abruptly, without any probable signs. Hence, it is also called the ‘silent killer’. Certain risk factors like smoking and diabetes escalate the chances of having a heart attack.
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) - also known as ischemic heart disease, this type of cardiovascular disease is caused due to accumulation of plaque in the arteries of your heart. As a result of this, the arteries become blocked or constrict and the blood vessels fail to supply blood to your heart. Coronary Artery Disease is primarily responsible for sudden cardiac problems like heart attack. Symptoms may include- chest pain, tightness or heaviness on the chest, shortness of breath, dizziness.
- Cardiomyopathy- refers to the condition where the heart muscles become weak or hardened. This makes it difficult for the heart to pump blood to the rest of the body. Initial symptoms are- fatigue, breathlessness, irregular heartbeat etc. Usually men are diagnosed with this condition due to excess alcohol consumption.
- Arrhythmia- is a condition characterized by irregular, rapid heartbeats. When the electrical signals in your heart muscles are disturbed or interrupted, your heart beats abnormally. Rapid irregular heartbeats are normally triggered by anxiety attacks or stress.
Role of homeopathy in treating various heart problems-
Homeopathy medications have been in use for over several decades. Homeopathy medications help dissipate deposited cholesterol in the blood vessel, thereby reducing signs and risk of a heart attack. Many genetic cardiovascular dispositions like congenital heart defect, angina and its related symptoms like chest pain, dizziness are treated with homeopathic medications such as Arnica Montana and Cactus grandiflorus. Many surgeons recommend administration of Arnica after a surgery because it reduces pain and helps you recover faster.
Cardiovascular surgeries can adversely affect your health. For instance, certain medications or surgery procedures like open heart surgery usually have many side effects and complications associated with it. But homeopathy is a safe mode of treatment as it involves the usage of natural substances to treat various heart health conditions, so there are very few or absolutely no side effects. Self-medication is harmful. Take treatment under guidance of qualified homeopathic physician.