Doctors in Citi Neuro Centre
Treatment of Headaches
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Knee Pain Treatment
Submit a review for Citi Neuro CentreYour feedback matters!
With age, most bones of the body undergo degenerative changes leading to reduced movement. The cartilage that is present in the joints allowing free movement is gradually lost due to wear and tear. This loss of cartilage makes the movement painful. This can also be caused by obesity and trauma, but age is the most common cause. The reduced movement leads to weight gain, which further aggravates the osteoarthritis.
Hips are one of the most commonly affected areas of osteoarthritis. Especially with overweight people, hips are quite often affected. In most people, early diagnosis can help in arresting progress and even reverse changes. This will help avoid chronic use of pain medications and major surgical treatments for managing the osteoarthritis.
Some of the most effective ways of managing osteoarthritis include the following:
- Weight loss: Reducing weight is one the most important cornerstones of managing osteoarthritis. People who reduce weight will see a drastic improvement in their symptoms.
- Pain medications: Pain is one of the main reasons that people seek medical help and that is when the diagnosis is made. Therefore, for immediate relief, pain control is essential. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are often used to control pain. In parallel, other measures for long-term control of osteoarthritis should be undertaken.
- Cold therapy: Using cold packs in the area of pain can provide great relief from pain attacks.
- Electrotherapy: Use of mild amounts of electricity can stimulate the nerve endings, reduce pain, and help in pain control.
- Acupuncture: Relieving pressure points which can increase inflammation is also widely used to control pain.
- Soft tissue massage: The soft tissues around the affected hip joint are regularly massaged, augmented by the use of a topical agent, which can help relieve the pain. The circulation is also improved, which can help in long-term symptom management including improved immune functions.
- Regular exercise: A well-planned routine exercise regimen will help control pain, improve movement, reduce fatigue, improve endurance, and improve the overall quality of life. All affected tissues should be covered in the exercise bones, muscles and cartilage.
Using a combination of these techniques, the physiotherapy will aim to achieve the following.
- Pain relief and protection: The first thing to manage is the pain, which brings the patient to the doctor. Once that is controlled, then long-term management needs to be planned.
- Restoring hip movement and strength: Once the pain settles down, then the muscle strength, tension, endurance, and range of motion need to be worked upon. This restoration will be done in phases, and with each phase, greater range of motion will be achieved with lesser discomfort to the patient.
Physiotherapy uses various techniques to minimise symptoms and in some people, even complete reversal of changes is possible.
I am suffering from excessive pain in my neck. Whenever I sit for studying or at my laptop my right side of the neck pains along with pain in my right shoulder. What should I do?
Hello, I'm a 22 years old girl. Neither married nor in relationship. I had a boyfriend but we broke up long back and I'm not in it anymore. ask you this weird question but what I feel that I could find help here. Question is. My sister says that I put her hands on my body in some awkward ways. I can't explain you much as I don't do it intentionally I think May be in dream. But I get embarrassed badly. I really remember nothing. I've never felt myself doing so. I beg you to help me!
I have taken stugeron for almost 9 month now. And I have begin to feel some pain in my joint especially in my knee and elbow could it be a side effect of the medicine am taking?
I have you undergone a MRI for neck pain reports show diffuse angular bulge at c4 c5 C6 c7 can any one tel me what is that how it is caused and what is the permanent treatment to reduce pain any doctor in Hyderabad I'll visit.
I am a 21 year old student 3 months back I got calf injury /Lower part of knee (Right leg) Then for a week I felt a significant pain in my leg but after that the pain disappeared but I still feel some pain in that part sometimes (I can run and walk normally without pain) And sometimes I can hear the pop sound there in calf What should I do?
Hello sir, I always have some stress and hypertension in my head. Whenever I'm starting to study it starts increasing rapidly.
Hi sir, I am 18 years old and I suffer from memory issue, I forget thing in short time period then what can I do.
I am 39 years old female. I recently over the last few months have experienced numbing and tingling in my legs that came from nowhere. Now the numbness has spread to my genital area and perianal region to the bottom of my stomach and feels really frightening. I don't know how to describe it to my doctor. But he says it could be from my low iron level which was 3.52 but now has increased to 9 since my last visit.
A human body has a total of 206 bones, and yet it makes life a living hell, if even one of them is harmed. A person living with Osteoporosis feels the same way, except that they are a lot more prone to having their bones broken than a person who doesn’t. There are a variety of ways to go about treating the issue and one of them involves making use of parathyroid hormones. This is a pathbreaking cure for Osteoporosis and is being adopted by many patients worldwide.
If a person takes a look at the drugs which are made use of in the treatment of osteoporosis, he or she will release that their main function is not to repair what is damaged, but rather to slow the rate of further damage like Bisphosphonate.
However, if parathyroid hormones are looked at, it will be seen that they are usually recommended for those people who may even already had had fractures on account of osteoporosis. These people are generally said to have low bone density, which can be quite dangerous. The reason for this being the case is the fact that when parathyroid hormones are used, they have the potential and the ability to increase the rate of growth of the bones; in terms of the mineral density of the bones as well as the strength of the same.
Teriparatide comes in a pen-like device so that it can be introduced into the body by the way of an injection to either the thigh or the wall of the abdomen. It is important to keep in mind that the medicine should be handled with care which goes to mean that it is to be refrigerated at all times.
It is also to be kept in mind that the medicine can have certain side effects. In most cases in which side effects occur, the medicine leads to some dizziness or some leg cramps.
Taking into due account the fact that the drug is a new one, many doctors would not recommend it to people who have problems with their bones other than those which are caused by osteoporosis. Examples of such conditions would be hypercalcemia, which is a condition in which there is too much calcium in the blood or bone cancer. In addition to this, the medicine is not to be used by a person for a duration which is longer than two years.
All in all, it can be said that if a person makes use of parathyroid hormones to treat a problem that can be as bad as osteoporosis, the effects can be quite startling, and that too, in a positive way!