Doctors in Citi Neuro Centre
Treatment of Headaches
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Knee Pain Treatment
Submit a review for Citi Neuro CentreYour feedback matters!
Alzheimer’s disease is a neurological, irreversible, progressive brain disorder. It is a chronic neurodegenerative dementia that causes the death of brain cells, causing memory loss and cognitive decline. It affects a person’s thinking and behavior. The symptoms develop slowly and get worse as time passes.
As it is a kind of dementia, Alzheimer’s is caused by the death of brain cells. Over a course of time, brain cells die progressively and at the end, the tissue is left with fewer nerve cells and connections. As a result, the total brain size shrinks. Tiny inclusions called plaques and tangles can be seen in the postmortem. These cannot be seen or tested in a living Alzheimer’s affected brain. These plaques are given the name “amyloid plaques” because they are found among the dying cells of the brain when a protein called beta-amyloid builds. The tangles stay in the neurons; they are formed from a protein called tau.
There are several reasons behind all this, some of which are listed below-
- Anti-anxiety medications
- Hitting on the head too many times
- Regularly sleep-deprived
- Diabetes in the brain
- Old age
- Genetic line
- Down’s syndrome
- Cardiovascular diseases
Alzheimer’s disease damages the brain, so the clinical signs and symptoms begin to show very early. The symptoms are-
- Memory loss
- Agitation and mood swings
- Poor judgment
- The trouble with money calculations
- Difficulty doing familiar tasks
- Trouble in planning or solving a problem
- Confusion with time and place
- Difficulty in communicating
- Loss of motivation
- Inappropriate behavior
- Aggressive personality
- Childlike behavior
Preventing Alzheimer’s disease:
Alzheimer’s disease ultimately results in death. Even if there are treatments, they cannot fully cure it. So it’s better to try to prevent it before it happens. Ways to prevent Alzheimer’s disease are-
- Eating more fruits and vegetables.
- Eating berries every day.
- Increasing omega-3 fatty acids.
- Taking folic acid supplements.
- Drinking grape juice or red wine with evening meal.
- Doing the Mediterranean style diet.
- Controlling the blood pressure.
- Having strong social support.
Treatment of Alzheimer’s disease:
- Treatment of Alzheimer’s disease is a long time process.
- First of all, doctors perform a physical exam to check the overall neurological health. By this, they check muscle strength, reflexes, walking ability, sense of sight and hearing, coordination and balance.
- Then comes the blood test to find the cause of confusion and memory loss by checking the thyroid disorder and vitamin deficiency.
- Then they perform the neuropsychological test and check the mental status.
- Then there are other tests, like MRI, CT, and PET.
- After all this, drugs are given and a safe and supportive environment is created with proper exercise and nutrition.
Alzheimer’s disease is undoubtedly the worst kind of disease. Hence, it is highly recommended to contact a doctor as soon as any symptom is noticed.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.
You might be an elite athlete or just a commoner. There is always a possibility for you to develop back pain while carrying out your daily activities. You might not be aware, but regular activities—like sitting at the computer, running on the treadmill or simply crawling into your bed for a good night's sleep—can affect the health of your spine. You are always at the risk of damaging your spine. These damages lead to back pain. It has been found that faulty postures can cause back pain by causing straining of the back muscles, injuring the tendons and damaging the vertebrae or ligaments. Back pain can be caused due to the overuse of a particular activity or for undertaking a new activity. Besides all these possibilities, most people put the blame on their discs for back pain.
The human spine is composed of 24 bony vertebrae. These are placed one on top of the other. There is a thin intervertebral disc between each vertebrae. These discs look like jam doughnuts. They are made up of a hard outer shell known as the annulus fibrosis. They have a soft, jelly-like inner core known as the nucleus pulposus. They are shock absorbers.
What Happens To The Discs When An Injury Occurs?
The jelly-like softcore in the discs can often get shifted as a result of the accident or injury. Thus, the discs become a reason behind back pain. The pain could be due to the problems with the disc while carrying out tasks like —
Symptoms Of Disc-Related Pain:
Symptoms tend to vary due to the nature of the injury and the damage caused. However, some common symptoms have been listed below:
Localised back pain
Pain in thighs, lower legs and feet
Numbness or muscular weakness
It is best to consult a doctor to know about the treatment needed for back pain related to disc. Initial treatment after detection of the problem includes the following ways:
Intake of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and pain medication.
Application of heat and ice packs.
Home exercise program as suggested by the doctor.
Practicing of core and lumbar strengthening exercises.
One must stop movements that aggravate the pain and don’t take difficult physical activities. You must take adequate rest to set things right.
Do You Need Any Surgery?
It is not always needed for all disc related problems. Most issues with the disc vanish after a week. Surgery is sought only after nonsurgical treatments prove useless. The decision must be taken by a doctor.
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes from your home. So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day.
Here are 5 tips to instantly reduce your anxiety:
1. Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
2. Deep Breathing: A 5 minute breathing regime is a sure shot to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
3. Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is nice way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
4. Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off from the symptoms. In case of a panic attack you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
5. Trick your Anxious Thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay. There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away. There are:
a. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
b. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually affirmations are made to comfort one.
c. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack.
There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it.
Depression is a serious yet common mental health problem that can affect all age groups ranging from young children to the elderly. It is found to be more common among women when compared to men. It can take a toll over one’s peace of mind, physical health, interpersonal relationships as well as job performance (or academic performance). What is deceiving is, the person can also be functioning well, in which case, it can go unnoticed, leading to grave consequences. The good news is that depression is treatable and individuals are able to function much better with treatment. Affected individuals feel sad most of the time. He/she loses the ability to enjoy/be happy.
As a result of this, the daily activities that he/she participates in do not seem to appeal to him/her anymore. This is especially true in the case of socialising. The affected person will just seem to drop out of social circles. This can be said to be ironic because it is times like these when the individual with depression is in need of friends the most!
The individual seems to have an overriding belief that the status quo will not be altered by anything and he or she will be stuck in a rut in perpetuity. In other words, depressed people experience a perennial feeling of helplessness. Negative thoughts can also drive one to commit suicide.
A lot of people who have depression tend to experience a loss of energy. As a matter of fact, this is quite the case with men who enter a phase of depression, as the symptoms which are displayed by them can contrast sharply to those displayed by women. One of the reasons for men tending to report a higher chance of this than women is the fact that they are less likely to express feelings of self loathing. Rather, they usually talk about sleep problems and a loss of interest in things that once they might have found to be interesting or even captivating. They also gradually get quite irritable.
When it comes to women, guilt is quite likely to be felt. They may also sleep a lot longer than what is considered to be normal. Eating habits are a better indication of the presence or absence of depression than most people would realise. Overeating is one of the prime signs, especially in the case of women who are depressed. This leads to them putting on weight, as the rise in the intake of food is compounded by a drop in the amount of healthy physical activity. On the other hand, many may also experience loss of appetite, which over a period of time can even lead to weight loss. Some women who are depressed also complain of aches and pains in the body.
A few individuals who are depressed also complain of weird experiences, like being able to hear voices calling out to them, abusing them in dirty language, asking them to hurt themselves (hallucinations). Some may be found to be extremely suspicious about people around them.
The way we sit, walk, bend or stand is hugely dependent on one very vital organ of the human body; the spine. The spinal column provides strength and support to your entire framework. It has nerves, muscles, bones and tendons; all of which enhance proper functioning of your body. The human brain sends signals to the nerves in your spinal cord- a mass of nerve fibers and tissues ensconced within the spine- that further prompts every single part of your body to perform minute and notable actions all the same. A spine injury can thus impair your health; in many cases it can even turn out as fatal. Care should be taken to avoid sources of spine shock or injury. If an injury has already been acquired, it should be treated either through exercising or through medical assistance.
A few postures to reap the benefits of a fit spine:-
1. Twist your spine either early in the morning or after a tiring day
Fold one leg while the other leg remains perched on the folded one. If the left leg is folded the left elbow should be rested on your perched right knee and the right palm should be placed on the yoga mat behind your right hip. This posture can be repeated by folding the right leg as well. It increases spine mobility by twisting it to the end of its range sideways. Muscular spine aches can be remedied by following this posture once each day.
2. Do not slouch but sit straight
Some people are in the habit of slouching when they sit or stand. This is an absolutely wrong thing to do if your spine health is of any concern to you. Stretch out your shoulder blades and remain erect while standing and the same should be followed while sitting. Bending one's spine, unless it is necessary, can be very harmful.
3. Stretch your spine in three directions
This exercise is a good way to allay the tension your spine has to undergo every day. Sit with folded legs, intertwine your fingers and stretch your arms upward, in front and at the back to expand your spine to the full.
4. The downward doggy posture can relieve back pain
In this yoga posture, one is expected to stretch his or her legs according to the width of the person's back and stoop forward by placing the palms on a yoga mat. Knees and elbows should not bend.
I had left sided chronic headache, specifically in winter, it seems migraine, when I was doing exercise, it increased, my bp is normal, my hr-80-100/min, I have crf family history, what precautions can taken for headache/migraine, my specks, is -.0.75, myopia, a wear apaks regularly.
Men and Women are different and so are their demands. In order to work through marriage, it just doesn’t require love but also a level of right understanding. When you completely understand and realize your role in a relationship, you become more contended. In such a stable atmosphere you tend to grow closer.
Many times we tend to love our partner but we are not able to understand them. Love is just not enough to work through the relationship in today’s scenario. Understanding is a multifaceted concept. It essential for a couple to learn each other’s needs and wants. Every marriage requires the couple to walk on the same track rather than on parallel ones.
Having a right understanding is considered to be one of the basic aspects of being happy in a marriage. Thus, people who are high in EQ are not just able to understand their own emotions but those of other’s as well. This quality helps them to form a better relationship with others. On the other hand, lack of understanding can stir up negative emotions.
Communication helps to open the path to right understanding. Only when you’re able to communicate what you desire and what you expect from each other, you’ll be able to reach to the same level. One of the reasons for lack of understanding is because of the power struggle. When the power struggle comes in between a couple they become emotionally charged and the ego tends to set in. Thus the couple tends to put each down.
Listening is an essential part of communicating; it is essential on the part of the partner to listen and comprehend what the spouse has to say rather than jumping to conclusions. It is necessary to pay attention to what the partner has to say.
The other reason can be compatibility problems, no matter how hard the couple tries; they are just not able to come to a common ground. However, if your partner is not supportive, it leads to less communication and can strain relationship both now and in the future. Thus, this is an unhealthy dynamic in any relationship and needs to be addressed to prevent damage or conflict. It is believed and portrayed by various movies and shows that the husband and wife are barely able to take a joint decision and are always bickering over small petty issues, which can be pointed to lack of understanding.
3. Emotional State
It is important on the part of the spouse to pay attention to a partner’s emotional state and also provide an opportunity to let confide. Doing activities together and inspiring each other at every step to move forward can lead to happiness in marriage and makes the bond stronger.
4. Mutual Decisions
Listen to each other and try to take mutual decisions. Also, give each other the room to work things out. Take good care of details for each other. Also, try to together work out a schedule and dependably accomplish it.
In order to develop a stronger relationship, the couple should try and understand the root cause from where the problem arises. In case spouse is emotional and delicate, it is important to lend a sympathetic hand.
When you try to appreciate one another, it can lead to new hope and you become eager to work on your marriage. Empathy is very essential to restore the level of understanding, only when you can put yourself in your partner’s shoes and try to comprehend their viewpoint.
Understanding can be associated with very basic day to day activities or can be related to any major event in life. Many times even if a partner makes the effort to be a little understanding, the other partner is not appreciative of the fact and takes it for granted which can arise many new issues.
Lacking the right understanding can lead to unhappiness and discords. Due to that sometimes couple struggle throughout married life. So, we need to have the right understanding to resolve the disagreements at all level n earliest too. Every individual has some sort of understanding but having the right kind of understanding is what makes a couple stronger.
It is important to address the conflicts when they arise rather than ignoring the issues. Delay will lead to the piling up of issues and may become difficult to resolve. Don’t wait to seek a relationship expert or professional marriage counselor when problems get out of hand.
I am suffering from headache, it would be twice in a week. Please sir give a proper suggestion of medicine for this.
Somatic symptom disorder is when you put so much focus on symptoms such as pain or fatigue that you have trouble functioning or experience severe emotional distress. You will be visiting the doctor a lot, completely unnecessarily and will waste a lot of money when you have no major health concerns. However, there are treatments, which can help you cope with this problem. Read further to find out what they are:
- Worrying excessively about an illness, which has not yet occurred
- Frequent health care visits
- Fear of physical activity damaging your body
- Fearing that the evaluation of doctors is not adequate
There are many more symptoms, which may indicate that you are suffering from somatic symptom disorder. However, the most important way of telling whether someone is suffering from somatic symptom disorder or not is to see whether the patient is overly worried about a physical problem, which has not yet occurred. One of the first steps in making sure that this does not happen is finding out what causes the problem and preventing it. Here are the causes of somatic symptom disorder.
Causes: As with other psychological disorders, the exact cause of somatic symptom disorder is not yet known. However, there are a number of factors which may increase the risk of it, such as:
- Genetic and biological factors: These as well as an increased sensitivity to pain are some of the factors, which you have no control over.
- Environment you grew up in: Just like the genes you have, the environment you grew up in and your family influence will have a major impact on whether you develop the condition as well.
- Problems processing emotions: When people have problems processing emotions, their physical symptoms seem like a bigger problem than they actually are.
Treatment: Luckily, there are treatments for this disorder as well, which include.