Doctors in Bristlecone Hospitals
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Submit a review for Bristlecone HospitalsYour feedback matters!
With sedentary lifestyle, refined and processed food habits, obesity and diabetesis the new age epidemic. India, in fact, is being termed as the diabetes capital of the world given the huge rise in the number of cases over the last couple of decades.
There are well established risk factors for diabetes and if these can be managed, then the chance of delaying onset, controlling progress and containing complications are highly possible. Read on to know how simple things can be effective in preventing and managing diabetes.
Weight control: Obesity is the most important risk factor for developing diabetes. A person with normal BMI is 20 to 40 times less likely to develop diabetes than an overweight person. Losing about 10% of the excess weight can help prevent diabetes by more than 50%. Check with your doctor what should be the ideal recommended weight for you and draw up a routine (diet, exercise, etc.) that will help you achieve and stay around that weight range.
Exercise: All methods of exercise help in moving the muscles, which is drastically reduced given our sedentary lifestyle. Moving the muscle (as much and as often as possible) ensures they absorb more glucose and reduce the stress on insulin production. Something as simple as brisk walking for 30 minutes is good enough to reduce the chances of developing diabetes by 50%.
Don’t be a couch potato: If watching television is your favourite pastime, it is time to change it. This puts people at risk of developing obesity, heart diseaseand diabetes. Also, watching television is usually associated with overeating, further adding to the risk of diabetes.
Fibrous foods: Eating fibrous fruits and vegetables as compared to refined and fried foods helps prevent diabetes.
Whole grains vs processed foods: When you have to choose between a pizza and a bowl of brown rice, go for the latter.
Good fats vs bad fats: Polyunsaturated fatty acids are found in vegetable oils, nuts, and seeds and help control diabetes. Trans fats present in margarine and baked foods are best avoided.
Alcohol: Moderate amount helps in effective functioning of the insulin.
If you have a family history or have risk factors, follow the above to prevent diabetes.
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.
When it comes to pregnancy, caring for your body begins even before conception. Preconception health care focuses on what you need to do before getting pregnant and increases your chances of having a healthy baby. For some women, it can take a merely a few months to prepare their body for pregnancy while for others, it can take longer.
Here are a few steps to help you get ready for a healthy pregnancy.
- Visit the doctor: Your first visit to a doctor should be scheduled long before you conceive a child. Your doctor will typically want to know what medication you are on and if any vaccinations are scheduled. He or she will also discuss your medical history and any medical conditions that may affect the baby’s development. You may be asked to undergo a routine blood and urine test to check your hormone levels and rule out any infections. A visit to the dentist is also a good idea.
- Start nutritional supplements: Expectant mothers are almost always advised to start folic acid supplements early in the pregnancy. This helps the development of the baby in its first few weeks of life and helps prevent birth deformities such as spina bifida. Other supplements that may be recommended include zinc and calcium. However, it is always a good idea to take these supplements only after consulting a doctor.
- Make positive lifestyle changes: If you drink alcohol or smoke, now would be a good time to stop. Alcohol and nicotine can affect your baby’s health and hence it is important to cleanse your body of these toxins before conception. Alcohol and caffeine have both been linked to the risk of miscarriages and lower the chances of conceiving a baby. Consider moving if you live around a toxic atmosphere and shifting jobs if your work stresses you out too much.
- Exercise: Regular exercise helps keep you fit and boosts your stamina and immunity. Regular exercise also helps avoid pregnancy complications such as preeclampsia and diabetes. Additionally, it helps keep weight gain under control and can help shorten labour time. However, do not start anything extremely strenuous but limit yourself to simple exercises like walking and swimming.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight can increase your risk of pregnancy complications and hence if you are planning on conceiving a child, now is the time to reach a healthy BMI. To do this, you must follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly. Being underweight can also trigger problems and hence you should talk to your doctor about finding a way to reach the optimum weight.
Haematology is a science, which studies the functioning of blood, blood producing organs and blood related diseases. Previously people are not aware of the functioning of Haematology and its effectiveness. But as more and more research is beign conducted on this health care science the modern world is introduced with this amazing stream of medical science.
Haematology can study and provide best curing measures for many severe diseases and one of the diseases, which are considered as the most dangerous is Thrombocytopenia. This is the condition in which the blood cell fragments known as platelets reduce. Difficulty faced by the body to clot the blood and stop the bleeding is a major symptom and when the platelet count reduces too much then mild to severe bleeding happens. Bleeding can be inside the body, on the surface of the body or underneath the skin as well.
- People should avoid the medicine that they know had decreased the platelet in the past.
- They should avoid alcohol consumption which slows down the production of platelets.
- Avoid contact with toxic chemicals like arsenic, pesticides or benzene as they can slow down the production of platelets.
- Be aware of the substances or medicines that may affect the counts of platelets or increases the risk of bleeding.
Haematology is very helpful for doctors to know the hidden causes of blood related diseases. To cure the low platelet count many effective medicines are available in the various health care systems. There are many Haematology experts who are accomplished with their expertise in treating people. Patients of blood cancer should see the best doctor and get the best remedies to live a happy and pain free life.
Certain ailments progress quite fast after the symptoms are experienced, and one such is the Meniere’s disease. A hearing disorder that affects the inner ear in human beings, the condition usually affects only one ear and may lead to permanent hearing loss unless medical intervention is sought. The disease has a host of symptoms, such as spinning or vertigo, ringing sounds in the ear, feeling pressure in the ear, and a fluctuating hearing sensation. The symptoms progress at a fast pace and soon leads to permanent loss of hearing.
What causes the Meniere’s Disease?
Improper fluid drainage follows an anatomic abnormality or blockage in the ear which could lead to Meniere’s disease. In addition, various conditions such as head trauma, migraine, viral infections, allergies, and abnormal immune response are responsible for causing Meniere’s disease. A casual approach to this condition may cause irreplaceable damage. This may disturb the patient and lead to depression, anxiety, emotional stress, and fatigue. Recurrent episodes of the disease may lead to loss of balance and increase the risks of falls or an accident.
How to treat the condition the Ayurvedic way?
Ayurveda advocates the use of Panchakarma therapy for healing the problems associated with Meniere’s disease. According to Ayurveda, the body accumulates toxins owing to lifestyle choices and poor health habits. This causes an imbalance in the fluids in the body and leads to various disorders, such as Meniere’s disease.
What is Panchakarma therapy?
Panchakarma therapy is an Ayurvedic procedure that uses five methods to balance the doshas in the human body. The treatment helps to deeply cleanse the tissues, removes toxins, tackles stress, and reduces deep-rooted anxiety. It is a crucial treatment option in Ayurveda that helps the patient achieve a balanced state of mind, body, and consciousness through detoxification and rejuvenation. Patients undergoing this method are required to undertake oil massages and oil baths in addition to nasal administration.
Panchakarma therapy also reduces the symptoms and presents a pleasing and soothing experience. Panchakarma treatment differs from one case to the other. The therapy must be customized for the best results. It is specific to one’s age, dosha imbalance, strength, and immunity levels.
It generally comprises two procedures:
- Oleation: Wherein oil is applied to the body and fomentation, during which the patient undergoing therapy has to sweat out bodily toxins.
- Lifestyle changes: Along with undergoing panchakarma therapy, it is important to observe certain lifestyle changes. This includes physical exercise to restore balance in the body and to treat depression and anxiety.
In addition, proper rest and the intake of ghee is recommended along with the intake of food. Medicated milk is also recommended by experienced Ayurvedic practitioners. Meat soups as per the condition can help in improving the condition.
These courses of treatment help to alleviate the condition of Meniere’s disease. Thus, if you are seeking an Ayurvedic treatment to cure Meniere’s disease, you may take consultations from a trained medical practitioner.
Did you know that liver stands second among the most transplanted organs in the human body? Liver diseases are becoming more prevalent today. A liver transplant becomes necessary when a person’s liver is diseased or injured. Through surgical procedures, a part or the complete healthy liver is transplanted from the donor.
Here are some of the typical reasons for a liver transplant:
- Autoimmune Hepatitis: In this kind of hepatitis, the body's immune system is not able to recognize its own liver tissue. It thus begins to injure the liver cells and that finally leads to scarring, liver cirrhosis, and end-stage liver disease. Unlike chronic viral hepatitis, this disease is not caused by a virus.
- Chronic viral hepatitis B, C, D: Hepatitis is caused by the viral infection which results in swelling, inflammation, and cell damage. All these lead to liver destruction or scarring. The different types of hepatitis are A, B, C, D and E. Hepatitis B is the leading indicator of liver cancer worldwide.
- Non alcoholic fatty liver disease: Fat accumulation in the liver cells causes this disease. It is said that excessive alcohol is the leading cause of a fatty liver. But this condition is also seen in patients with diabetes and obesity. This condition can cause liver cirrhosis.
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis: In this disease, the bile duct becomes progressively damaged by inflammation. This results in scarring that narrows the bile duct and causes obstruction to the flow of bile.
- Biliary cirrhosis: Sometimes there is a blockage in the bile duct. The liver creates bile which passes from the bile duct to the gallbladder. From here it is slowly released into the small intestine and helps in digesting fats. When the bile duct is blocked, all the bile that is produced accumulates in the liver and causes swelling and eventually loss of liver function.
- Active liver failure or toxic exposures: People suffering from acute liver failure caused by other reasons such as viral infection, fatty liver, etc. can undergo liver transplant surgery. Exposure to certain pesticides, herbicides, lead, asbestos and other hazardous pollutants can be the cause of a potentially life-threatening liver disease.
- Caroli's disease and choledochal cyst: The bile ducts become dilated and result in the formation of cysts or sacks. This causes infection and obstruction of the bile ducts. Choledochal Cyst, On the other hand, is a congenital disorder. A choledochal cyst is formed due to a structurally flawed bile duct. In both these scenarios getting a transplant is mandatory.
- Hepatic tumors: Tumors that spread either from other parts of the body or those that develop in the liver itself can cause severe damage to this organ.
It is best to consult an expert to know if a liver transplant is necessary for you. Hence, when you have problems related to liver seek medical advice without delay.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
1. Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey
Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
2. Cumin seeds
You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
3. Mulethi (liquorice) and honey
You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
4. White pumpkin juice
Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent.
Premature ejaculation or early ejaculation is the expelling of semen with minimum sexual stimulation, almost immediately after (or sometimes before) sexual penetration. This is a common sexual problem for men below the age of 45 in addition to erectile dysfunction. Premature ejaculation can be a result of several physical and psychological factors.
If the root cause is not serious, the problem can be solved by a few simple techniques, such as:
1. Breathing exercises
Relaxation techniques like breathing exercises and meditative practices can help you to concentrate. It also moderates the tension and stress levels which are directly related to arousal. Avoid short and rapid breaths as they can put undue pressure on the heart and increase the pulse rate. This often results in early ejaculation. On the other hand, if you take deep breaths and practice holding them in for three to five seconds, you can also use the technique during arousal.
2. Kegel exercises
Kegel exercises can help both men and women with their sexual problems. In men, these help to strengthen the pubococcygeus muscle by repeated contraction and relaxation. The pubococcygeus muscle helps to control urination too. If you use the same technique when you are close to an orgasm, you can delay your ejaculation.
3. Squeeze technique
This technique is used to reduce excessive and rapid rate of arousal. When you are close to orgasm, you can squeeze the base of the penis to curb the erection somewhat so that it can build up again. This will automatically delay ejaculation. It is a good idea to practice this technique on your own first and then try it with your partner.
4. Stop and start an exercise
This exercise was perfected by the Masters and Johnson team of sexual research. This technique is also to be practiced individually for the first few times. You can masturbate alone and stop just before reaching the climax. You can practice this again and again by bringing yourself closer to ejaculation every time until the point you cannot control or regulate the process anymore. This will help you to know the limit till which you can stop and regulate the ejaculation process. You can then use this technique during sexual activity with your partner.
5. Reduce stress
The stress hormones in your body prevent the secretion of testosterone which is responsible for your sex drive. Alcohol, tobacco or nicotine and other illegal drugs used to combat stress can also have an adverse effect on your sexual arousal and cause premature ejaculation.
It is normal to feel nervous before an interview or be anxious about something, but letting that fear take over you is not normal. If your worries and stress interfere with your day-to-day life, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder. Fear not, this is treatable with homeopathy.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies to help calm an anxious person:
1. Kali Phosphoricum: Kali Phosphoricum is a potassium phosphate that helps calm people when overwhelmed by anxiety attacks. This is suitable for people who are easily stressed, over sensitive, insecure, irritable and despondent. It also helps deal with the after effects of grief and fright. Physical ailments such as fatigue, dullness and lack of energy that are a result of anxiety can also be treated with this bio-chemic salt.
2. Aconite Napellus: Aconite Napellus is made from a purple flowering plant by the same name. it has a number of uses, primary among which is to control anxiety. This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for sudden, intense anxiety attacks and for post traumatic anxiety. It also helps deal with after effects of anxiety such as memory weakness, restlessness, oversensitivity and spells of rage.
3. Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is also known as nitrate of silver. This is helpful in cases where anxiety makes a person insecure and unsure of what to do. When you're anxious, you are likely to crave for something sweet and feel very hot. Both these are cyclic symptoms of anxiety, and can worsen the situation if not dealt with. However, Argentum Nitricum helps calm the digestive effects of sugar and cool the body to keep anxiety levels in check.
4. Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum Album is a constitutional remedy that can treat both chronic and acute problems. This works well on people who are worried about safety and security. If issues like health, money and break-ins are the cause of your anxiety, this homeopathic remedy is ideal for you. It also helps deal with restlessness.
5. Calcarea Carbonica: This homeopathic ingredient is made from the middle layer of sea shells. When it comes to anxiety, Calcarea Carbonica is well suited for people who are scared of change and over controlling. This anxiety is accompanied by excessive sweating due to any exertion and stubbornness. Such people are also often afraid of animals and of the dark and get easily confused.
One of the biggest advantages of homeopathy over allopathic treatment is the absence of side effects when taken in low doses. However, even homeopathic medication can have side effects when taken in high doses. Therefore, it is a good idea to consult a doctor before self medicating with homeopathy.
Type 2 diabetes and Erectile Dysfunction may appear as different ailments but they do have a connection. Reports suggest men suffering from Type 2 diabetesare likely to experience Erectile Dysfunction. Moreover, diabetic people suffer from Erectile Dysfunction 10 to 15 years earlier than others.
Reason: The reason behind the connection between the two ailments is quite complex. The whole scenario involves deterioration in nerves, muscle functioning and blood vessels. For successful penetration of penis, body requires healthy functioning of blood vessels, nerves, hormones and sexual desire. Type-2 diabetes hamper the proper functioning of these blood vessels and nerves, thus posing a potential threat to a successful sexual intercourse. Diabetes becomes a big obstacle in obtaining a firm erection. Also, non-regulated flow of blood through these blood vessels adds up to the problem.
- Unbalanced diet
- Non-regulated Blood Supply
- Excessive smoking and drinking
- Excessive stress and hypertension
- Lack of Physical activity
- Blood Pressure
- Side effects of medication taken to cure ED
Given below are few suggestions which, if followed, can bring your sex life back on track.
- Consult doctor: It is better to open up about your sexual concerns and consult a doctor. Hesitating in doing so will only increase your problem. Proper knowledge regarding all your existing ailments will allow him to diagnose properly and help you to regulate your blood sugar level. You may further consult a sexologist for specialized treatment for Erectile Dysfunction. Through prescribed medicines and some therapies, this issue can be dealt smoothly.
- Practice a healthy lifestyle: Stay fit. Reduce your extra weight. Include exercise and meditation in your daily routine. This will help a lot in improving your emotional health. In many cases psychological pressure also contribute in causing impotence. So, try to perform some stress relieving exercises to curb down this psychological factor.
- Avoid drinking and smoking: Smoking diminishes the quantity of required nitric oxide which in turn lowers down the blood flow to penis. This increases chances of Erectile Dysfunction to a greater extent. Excessive drinking destroys your blood vessels, thereby posing a serious threat to your sex life.
- Take a proper diet: A balanced diet pays a major role in checking and controlling the blood sugar level. This step will definitely decrease the harm done to your blood vessels and nerves.
- Get enough sleep and keep yourself astray from the harmful effects of fatigue.
- Talk with your partner: It is necessary that you discuss freely regarding your sexual problems with your partner. This will help you in gaining confidence, release stress and perform better.
Follow the above suggestions and choose a healthy lifestyle for a safe and pleasing sex life.