Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Mehraj Jabeen
Submit a review for Ms. Mehraj JabeenYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, I have a problem with hearing. Every time I am asking for second time about what they said. Do I have hearing loss? Or is it a concentration problem?
I am having problem in hearing, I hear very low I have tonsils and had cold earlier Help me! What should I do to hear properly again.
My age 62 male I have acidity problem pl. Suggest ayurved medicine. As will I have less hair problem. My question only ayurved and homeopathic doctor.
I'm 27 year old male. I hear some voice in my ear since many years and one ear getting hear loss what is should do?
I am suffering from communication problem I have minimal hearing loss audiologist says it is in normal range but I am not satisfied with there answer I makes depressive and frustrated every time it affect my communication skill then I start to ignore conversation with family, friends and with other sir I have hearing loss level only 20db in right and 22db in left ear my voice become worse sir I wants to become a good businessman but social stress and bad conversation makes my mind weak and my face only one expression for any situation it makes me to forget the difference between yes or no I am not able to say properly to people what I wants form them and what is like and dislike of me I wants to makes my family happy but it is not possible for me in this time but before this problem I was the vary good comedian in school and in home every one wants to be friend but in this time the situation is totally changed lack of conversation makes me unknown and frustrating person in every time in home and collage no one lesion what I say because I talks to loudly I hear my own voice loudly sir it is the stage where I have to makes myself what I want but this problem always push me back to poor condition I always cary in alone but in public I try to be strong how I become a top business man if I have did not understand what people says in front of me you loose my interest in all activity some time situation become so critical like a sico person I behave no one like my style to face the problem life become hell for me I want to use hearing aid because I wants gain my sharp minded and always happy in every situation type personality once again please tell me the advantage and disadvantage of hearing aid please do not tell me to go an ENT specialist and audiologist because I already try this I takes medicine and clean my ear wax by ENT specialist but no difference occur ENT specialist says if facing problem in conversation in collage with friend and in family and other if it affect the relation then you have to go for hearing aid trial but I wants to know from you is it good idea to use hearing aid.
I feeling like less hearing Cn you suggest best wid out using machine, bcoz I m scare of using machine so I hvnt consult doctor.
I'm working out for 2 years, now I'm looking forward to take whey protein powders as supplements, please suggest me a complete diet chart and the supplement which is to be taken, how much in quantity, for how long, which variant etc, I'll grateful to hear from you, thank you.
Hi Doctor, I am a 26years old girl and I belong to an orthodox family. My marriage got fixed and we started talking each other and we are in love. On day my fiance told me he had an old relationship during his college time. I told it's ok no problem, later he mentioned they had physical relationship, after hearing this I am really worried, whether to stop this wedding or move forward please suggest.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?