Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. LingamYour feedback matters!
My girl friend cheated me before 3 years then I continued to smoke. Now I'm in a relationship but I can't quit smoking. How do I relieve from smoking.
I am having problem to speak clearly because whenever I speak water comes in my mouth and I have problem to speak clearly.
Hello! My cousin has been diagnosed with brain tumour which isn't malignant (age-15) He finished his radiation 3 months ago. Now he's facing problems like forgetting people and forgetting what he's doing and speaking unrelatedly. Here doctors say that that's because of edema and will subside within 3-4 months. Is there anything to worry?
I am 72 years old. My only daughter after marriage lives in Delhi happily. My wife after retirement works for social cause. For political reason, I left a lucrative job in 1970. The political situation changed and I left politics. My wife still has grievances as I left the job. I don't have any question on my action then. Our financial condition is so so. I don't have regular income. I am quite active, a free lance professional. But my wife's expectation is higher which I failed to fulfill. This is causing negative feelings in me often. How do I overcome the situation ?
My sister is 30 years old and unmarried. She was a very good student in school time but later went into depression so could not do well after school, failed to crack competitive exams and later also could not do well in studies. Lately she fell for a guy in her office thinking that he also loved her ,but he soon got married to someone else. All this while she had got too much involved in worshipping and all and started to believe in too much superstition and fiction. She has declined to get married to somebody else and now isn't even willing to finish her studies. And feels very hopeless about life. Nowadays she has become very verbally violent with the family members and blames everyone over one thing or the other. And listens to almost nobody. And also not willing to go to a psychiatrist or a psychologist as she thinks that they won't be able to help her. Please advise on how to help her.
My age is 19 years I am a male. I get. To the point. I am suffering from from a disease which all doctors call IBS (irritation bowel syndrome. I frequently experience loose motions and cramps in stomach. It has been 2 years since I am ill. No medicines seem to help me even 1 percent. They say that this disease is related to mental stress but I do not take stress that much and my condition is not improving even a single bit. Please help me. The quality od my stool is less solid than normal (semi solid. I get cramps and pain in stomach while in toilet and every now and then. Please suggest me something. All doctors say its IBS. But somehow their allopathy treatment doesn't help me.
Modern lifestyle is witnessing gifts of technology and simultaneously facing the side effects that come along such as peer pressure, stress, hectic schedules, complexities in life and various other issues that are plaguing the people today in a manifold manner.
They are being forced to succumb to depression, and fight back the same; they are taking pills, anti-depressants, anti-psychotic drugs or other narcotics.
These are proving extremely detrimental by taking a toll on the overall mental and physical health of the humans. One of the main ill-effects of these dangerous drugs is decreased desire or sexual urge, which is also known as Libido.
How drugs affect our physical and social lives?
Anti-depressant drugs have certain chemicals in the composition such as serotonin, melatonin, dopamine, inhibitors, tri-cyclics, etc. that severely affect the emotions of love in both the males and females along with decreasing the sexual push or aggression, thereby degrading the conjugal life of a couple to a large extent. This is indeed a matter of serious concern because ultimately the happiness and health are at stake.
At some point of time, an individual affected by such problems tend to distance away from his or her partner and also isolates from other people. He or she cocoons in a shell and this gives rise to another form of depression.
How Help Can Be Achieved Through Ayurveda in Such Cases?
As each of the symptoms is related to lifestyle issues, therefore, at first it is important to balance these. Ayurveda today has become a very crucial cure in such cases. The specialists are also recommending the use of same in the treatment of libido. The Ayurvedic treatment includes:
- Counselling- Sitting with their patients, giving a patient listening to the problems, counselling them and then advising some hormonal therapy or lifestyle changes.
- Shiro Dhara Panchakarma- This therapy aids in curing stress and depression which ultimately bring back libido.
- Satvavjay Chikitsa- In this form of treatment, the patient is required to stay away from negative thoughts and reinforce the positive thoughts in the brain. Letting go of these thoughts will help the patient stay happy and content which in turn would let you enjoy the intimate moments to the fullest.
- Nasya Treatment- In this treatment, Ayurvedic medicines are taken through the nose as it is assumed that the effect reaches from nose to head thus curing the ailment.
- Shiro Basti Treatment- This is a process of medicated enema for increasing libido. A cap is placed on the head in this treatment.
- Meditation and yoga- These are the best natural therapy for curing libido related problems. Meditating daily for 1 hour can drastically increase the libido level. Also, yoga poses, like Pigeon Pose, bound angel, eagle pose are good for getting back libido. Yoga and meditation are very good for reducing stress level. Thus, by reducing stress level, libido is increased.
- Manasmitra Vataka- This relieves stress in an efficient way, thus increasing libido naturally.
- Swarna Saraswatarishta- This reduces mental fatigue and helps in increasing retention power. Overall, this results in an increased libido.
- Ashwagandharistha- This is good for men as this helps to improve the testosterone level. Testosterone helps in increasing libido. Ayurveda is all about natural and herbal cure with very handy home remedies such as maintaining the correct diet comprising of plenty of water, fruits, onion and garlic, the Mediterranean kind of food, etc. that will help to enhance the sexual desire. Ayurvedic pills for increasing sexual feelings known as libido enhancer pills and other herbal sexual pills are sometimes prescribed to the patients as well, but those must be taken with utmost care and under strict medical guidance.
- Stop Bad Habits- Stopping every form of bad habit like alcohol consumption, and smoking is also essential.
If one wants to come out of such problems, there will always be guidance and assistance to him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.