Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. VaniYour feedback matters!
I have compliant regarding my muscle growth. Im not getting enough mass on my bones. I eat 2 times a day. Not increase in weight. Im just going slim! Helo me out. And I do not want to take proteins or steroids. Thank you.
I want to loose some weight and also some fat. Can you give me a diet chart please Thank you in advance.
Sir my friend monika's marriage in December. She want to reduce weight and she take one month fat go medicine but there is no action reflected in her body please give me the suggestion and also name of medicine for reducing weight. She has a also tummy she want the remove her tummy with the help of medicine.
I am suffering from brittle diabetes, what should I do? My diabetes series from 30 to 400. I become unconscious when its 30. What's the solution?
Iam 20years of old. Iam not having perfect body. My weight is 75. Suggest me to reduce weight and to get good body. And one more iam not able to run for more minutes, iam feeling tried and pain in lungs.
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood Thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions Stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose Fitting Clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay.
3 to 4 years back I got an injury. My Ankle ligament was pulled but still I face problem in running as I start running it feels that something got stuck on my Ankle like a string comes onto my Ankle which makes it difficult for me to run and my weight has also increased alot because of it. Kindly suggest me what should I do.
Doctor, please tell me which type of food is healthy like boiled food or fried food or evaporated food.
I am suffering from peripheral diabetic neuropathy and hypertension. Suggested evion 600 capsules and vitamin D 3. Advise D3 of 1000 ki or 2000 or 5000, which is most sites.
Is I am over weighted. How can I get loss weight. I have 84 kg weight and 170cm height. Can yiu help me?
I do not drnik or smoke. I do not eat non veg but than also I am not losing weight. I have written same last time also but I do not get proper answers .what should I do. I always walk 5 km daily. If stop of some days than weight begins to gain . Is any type of medicine for weight loss. Please tell.
FNAC or FNA stands for fine needle aspiration cytology. This is a simple OPD procedure generally done by pathologists . In this a patient would have a visible swelling or lump. The pathologist will insert a needle in the swelling ,move the needle back and forth, and aspirate ( suck) cells present within the lump. Slides are prepared from these cells aspirated. They then study the cells on a microscope and give a report.
Time required for procedure : few minutes only
Done by : pathologists
Fasting required : not necessary
Any complications of the procedure : usually mild pain for a few minutes, rarely and depending on site of
lump, may experience transient shock, hematoma etc
Report availability : usually by next day .Please check with the doctor performing the procedure.
Special comments :
1. If the swelling is not visible, say it is within the body and detected on scans, then the procedure is done by a Radiologist who localizes the swelling and the pathologist inserts the needle under guidance.
2. Always discuss the report with the pathologist who has done the procedure. Please do not make your own impressions from the report. They may be vastly different from what the pathologist is trying to convey
3. Usually FNAC is diagnostic of parasitic infections .In cases of suspected cancer, report usually says that atypical ( not good looking cells ) present. This needs to be further worked up by biopsy for definite categorization of swelling.
4. Tiny swellings ( usually less than 0.5 cm in diameter ), indiscreet swellings, or swellings that usually cannot be fixed between two fingers generally , should not undergo FNAC procedure - as chances of aspirating cells are pretty low in such cases. So the report would be misleading in most such cases.