Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. SujathaYour feedback matters!
Hello. I m just 24 years old. My weight is just 55kgs. I want to increase my weight. Please suggest me some tips. I m a singer. So tell me the things to do which cannot effect my throat. But my weight would increase. Going to marry this year. So please suggest me some tips to grow my weight. Please.
Black seeds also called as nigella or kalonji is known as the seed of blessing. It is treated to be the best herb of all the times with regards to medication purpose. The black seeds are grown from the bushes of kalonji and are grown widely in whole india. The shape of seeds is triangular. It works as a best medicine and a wonderful spice. It is used for nice flavour in pickles.
What are kalonji seeds or nigella seeds?
Kalonji, also termed as nigella is a small black seed that grows on kalonji bushes in the south as well as south-western asia. The height of the plant is half to one meter. It has flowers of blue colour. The colour of seeds is black. It is chemically composed of 1.5% volatile oil and 40% non volatile oil. Some other constituents include organic acids, sugar, and some bitter substances which are of real use in the medication purpose.
Kalonji seed is used as a flavour and is used in various traditional foods. It is used as an herbal remedy in various ailments. The seed is also used in making oil. It is also used in treating skin problems.
Health benefits of kalonji seeds or nigella seeds
- Kalonji seeds or nigella seeds constitute two very important ingredients named as nigella and melatin. These constituents have high medicinal power and great health benefits. Some of the important health benefits of kalonji seeds or nigella seeds are:
- Benefits of kalonji seeds or nigella seeds in preventing hair loss: using kalonji seeds when the hair gets dried is very effective. It helps in prevention of hair fall.
- Benefits in diabetes control: oil of kalonji seed is very useful in controlling the diabetes. Using mixture of one cup black tea and half spoon kalonji oil helps in prevention of diabetes.
- Helps remove acne: using kalonji seeds or nigella seeds in combination with lime juice and applying on the face helps in removal of acnes and pimples. It helps in nourishment of skin making it glow and prevents any kind of spots.
- Use kalonji seeds or nigella seeds to sharpen memory: one of the benefits of using kalonji seeds is it increases memory. Kalonji or nigella seeds increases the power and concentration of brain.
- Cures headaches: by rubbing kalonji oil on the forehead, headaches can be cured. Also the kalonji seeds are beneficial in treating migraine.
- Benefit of healthy heart: using kalonji oil with goat milk makes the heart functioning proper. Kalonji or nigella seeds is beneficial in preventing heart attacks.
- Treating asthma: intake of kalonji seeds with hot boiled water can be beneficial in treating problems of respiration and asthma.
- Increases eyesight and vision: kalonji seeds or nigela seeds are of great use in issues related to eyes. It cures diseases like blurred vision, swelling and watering of eyes.
- Cure arthritis: applying kalonji oil over joints is good in getting relief from joint pain and it helps in prevention of arthritis.
- Controls the blood pressure: kalonji seeds help in reducing blood pressure.
- Prevent cancer: kalonji seeds or nigella seeds are helpful in treating various types of cancer like blood cancer, throat cancer, and intestine cancer.
- Healthy kidney: oil of kalonji seeds helps in normal functioning of kidney. It helps in prevention of kidney stone formation.
- Strengthens the teeth: the seeds of kalonji or nigella help in treating the dental diseases like falling of teeth, bleeding of gums. It helps in increase of calcium in the body. It also helps in curing pain in teeth.
- Weight management benefits of kalonji seeds or nigella seeds: by using mixture of kalonji oil with lukewarm water helps in reduction of extra unnecessary fat from the body.
- Control cough and cold with kalonji seeds or nigella seeds: the seeds help in curing cold and cough. Mixture of kalonji oil and honey prevents cold and helps in reducing sinus.
- Seeds of kalonji or nigella helps enhance facial beauty: using kalonji seeds with olive oil helps in getting a glowing skin. It makes the skin fresh and beautiful.
- Use kalonji to control acidity: mixture of ginger and kalonji oil helps in prevention of acidity and gas formation.
- Piles treatment: piles are a common problem nowadays due to wrong diets. Taking kalonji seeds with mehendi leaves can prevent the problem of piles. It helps to remove the problem of constipation.
- Burning micturition: people having problem with kidney suffers with micturition. It happens due to lack of water in the body. Kalonji seeds or nigella seeds help in relieving burning micturition.
- Avoid stomach pain: the seed reduces the effect of stomach pain. Taking the seed with milk helps in reduction of chest irritations.
- Avoid vomiting: using kalonji with coriander and mint removes the problem of nausea and vomiting.
- Beneficial in treating ear pain: using the heated kalonji oil and pouring it in ear solves the problem of pain in ears.
- Tumour solution: applying kalonji oil on affected parts remove the excess problem of tumour. Even the swelled parts can be treated by the seeds.
- Benefits of oil of kalonji seeds in treating cracked foot: using lime juice with kalonji oil twice a day is beneficial to solve problem related to hands and foot.
- Seeds of kalonji or nigella provides energy: it refits the body and removes all tiredness and haziness of body. If taken in combination with orange juice, it shows great results.
How can a improve my figure without any harmful effect? Actually I am very thin due to some heath issue.
Please give me a suggestion for a related to health. How can improve to health and what are the food which should we eat. Pls ans.
I am suffering from stomatitis from my childhood. I am 21 years old now. I don't smoke & I don't drink. Shape of my teeth is not so good. Usually I get a bite by teeth & it turns to a big ulcer. It stays upto 15-20 days. Also my immune system is not so strong. My blood group is 0+.Also I observed that ulcer occurred when there is no bite. Its may be for vitamin deficiency & I have to go latrine at least for 2 times in the morning because I don't get a clear stool. Now what medicine should I take? If any multivitamin is needed which one will be better for me?
Be it measures for weight loss or a fit physique, in modern times, people are beginning to grow more health conscious. If you've already made the transition from burgers to broccoli, then you're possibly on the right path. Yet, following such stringent dietary measures can be a troublesome task. Considering such, the following foods that are mentioned tend to break the monotony of your daily diet and push you further into your quest for a healthier life. They are:
- Spaghetti squash: If you're a connoisseur of pasta, then take note. Spaghetti squash is a healthy vegetable that comes along with its very own noodles. It comprises of a wide variety of nutrients, which include vitamin C and A, along with being highly rich in potassium and calcium. Moreover, it also adequately provides your daily fiber requirement.
- Azuki beans: Azuki beans, commonly known as red beans, are rich sources of iron, magnesium and zinc. Along with such nutrients, it also overflows with folic acid, which facilitates the body in producing new cells and also aids in preventing DNA, changes which can result in cancer.
- Dandelion greens: Dandelion greens are packed with bunch of calcium, vitamins and proteins and can be usually used in smoothies and salads.
- Purple potatoes: All kinds of potatoes are packed with nutrients like vitamin C and potassium, but these delectable potatoes contain almost four times the quantity of antioxidants in comparison to normal potatoes. Furthermore, a study concluded that two helpings of purple potato can decrease your blood pressure by nearly 4% and can also decrease the risk of heart diseases.
- Chia seeds: These seeds, which are entirely grown for eating are packed with fiber, proteins and calcium. They are also rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which lead to improved cardiovascular health.
Related Tip: "Top 6 Vegetables That Supercharge Your Immune System"
I am a 29 year old female. I want a solution for sagging breast. I have a 20 mnyhs old baby and I breastfeed him.
Nothing is more disappointing than a failed attempt to lose weight and the constant struggle to shed the flab. Sometimes, best results can be achieved by making simple changes to your lifestyle, including your eating habits without being emotionally and physically stressed. If you have to lose weight, you might as well enjoy the process and do it in a healthier way. Following are ayurvedic tips for a healthier and systematic weight loss:
1. Hot water
Hot water combined with lemon juice and ginger or herbal teas acts as a natural detox. Sip on hot water throughout the day to cleanse your entire internal system from impurities and blockages. It helps to improve digestion and staves off hunger in between meals. It is one of the easiest ways to lose weight and stay healthy at the same time. It is advisable to drink boiled water as it is considered to be more effective than hot water.
2. Eat warm and cooked foods for lunch
Your lunch should consist of warm and cooked foods as they are easily digestible and provide the right amount of nutrients for your body. You can include a variety of cooked food in your lunch because the body metabolism gets adequate time to process the food. Eating cold food has a reverse effect on your body as they lead to weight gain. Avoid a diet consisting of only carbohydrates and proteins as they do not nourish your body but simply make you crave for food in between meals. Instead go for green vegetable and lean protein.
3. Light evening meal
The body metabolism and digestion slows down as you reach the end of the day so it's recommended to have light evening meals. Heavy meals in the evening are often poorly digested and accumulate as excess fat. All your efforts of weight maintenance throughout the day goes in vain if you eat a meal of processed foods or foods rich in refined carbohydrates. It is recommended to eat a vegetarian meal or a meal consisting of complex grains like brown rice. Avoid binging on leftovers and high calorie desserts.
It goes without saying that exercise is a key to a healthy mind and body. Do away with a sedentary lifestyle as that is one of the primary causes of weight gain. If you don't have time to workout it will help even if you take a walk daily. Exercise will not only help you to lose the extra kilos but will keep your energy up and increase your body's metabolism. It also improves bone and muscle health.
Honey with equal amont of water daily in the morning in empty stomach also helps weight loss.