Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Sangeetha DellikarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I m not happy with my body weight, I want to put on some weight, plzz advice me what do to?
Am job holder but my feel only increase my weight present 45 kgs only .age 23 please tel me how? To improve my body weight.
How can I be refreshed and energetic all the time. I feel laziness sometime. Please suggest me to cope with these issues.
My brother doesnt feel hungry. And he doesnt eat much and is very thin. Suggest some hunger increasing tonic.
'Congratulations! You're pregnant!' Almost all women long to hear these words and nothing should come in the way, even diabetes. So, if you are a Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic, here are a few things you should keep in mind to have a healthy baby.
- Your blood sugar must be monitored regularly: The most important thing you can do to have a healthy baby is to keep your blood sugar as close to normal before and during your pregnancy. Testing is recommended a minimum of four times a day. Glucose passes through the mother's blood to the fetus and hence if your blood sugar fluctuates, so will your baby's. High blood sugar levels are especially harmful during the first 8 weeks of pregnancy when the baby's brain, heart, kidneys and lungs are formed.
- Your pregnancy is considered high risk: High blood sugar levels can increase the risk of a miscarriage as well as the risks of your baby being born with birth defects. Diabetes can also increase the risk of developing preeclampsia during the second half of your pregnancy. This could result in a C section or premature birth. Thus, maintain regular checkups and keep your doctor in the loop of all your activities.
- You should watch out for signs of ketosis: When you have low blood sugar, the body produces ketones that can be passed on from you to your baby. This production of ketones is a result of the body's burning of fat instead of glucose to provide energy and can develop a condition called ketosis. Symptoms you should watch out for are stomach aches, nausea, fatigue, muscle stiffness, frequent urination and fruity breath.
- You need Vitamins and Supplements: Most women require vitamin and mineral supplements at the time of pregnancy. Of these, folic acid, iron, calcium and vitamin D are the most important. These supplements help in the healthy growth of the baby.
- You should exercise regularly: Maintaining a regular physical activity routine is very important for diabetics who are expecting a baby. This will help you regularize your blood sugar, relieve stress and strengthen your heart. Avoid activities that increase your risk of falling and aim for at least thirty minutes of daily exercise such as walking, swimming or yoga.
- Check your medication: Some medication can be detrimental during pregnancy such as cholesterol and blood pressure medication. Consult your doctor to find a suitable alternative, if needed. You may also need to change the kind of insulin you take and its frequency and amount. As you get closer to the delivery date, your insulin requirement may even double or triple.
The key to preventing complications during pregnancy is controlling your diabetes. So take your insulin regularly, maintain regular checkups and eat healthy. You need to be seen by your obstetrician more frequently. Your pregnancy will be monitored closely by more frequent ultrasounds and NST. If your sugar level remains under control and pregnancy is advancing well, a natural onset of pains is aimed for and a normal delivery is expected.
My problem is relating from weight, my weight is increasing and my stomach came out I have done so many things but couldn't mange this please help.
Drinking hot water really helps to lose weight? because from last weak I am drinking 3 to 4 glasses of hot water per day and see some weight lose in my thighs and stomach. Does it really help?
I have belly fat problem over 1 year. Every day I am doing exercise for 1 hours but no suitable result found. Kindly guide me how can I overcome this problem.?
I am 56 years old. Diabetic for the last 2 years. On metformin 1500mg per day (twice. Will this affect my kidney in future ?
I have heard from so many people, the word Bone Density. What is bone density? What happens if it is less? How to improve bone density? What happens if it is deficient? Please explain me.
What is the safe dosage and duration of the silicea 30. Is silicea 200 more powerful than silicea 30.
What is the use of paracetamol? What is the symptoms of diabetes? What tablet we have to use in headache.
It's alright to feel low and not so happy at times. Just remember to love yourself no matter what and let that be a tough love so that you live a healthy and fit life.
ACCEPT THE WAY YOU ARE
1. Set a self-acceptance intention.
2. Stop comparing.
3. Choose what makes you unique.
4. Appreciate more.
5. Surround yourself with support.
6. List your achievements.
7. Be happy
8. Intentionally counter negative self-talk with positive words to yourself.
9. Perform acts of kindness
10. Treat yourself to things that make you feel good.
11. Learn how to accept a compliment.
Know what you lose by not eating these top 6 seeds?
The common adage ?best things come in small packages? must definitely have been made keeping those tiny seeds that are a power pack of nutrients. If you aren?t eating these nutrient powerhouses your body is badly missing out on some essential nutrients. Crunch into good health with these 6 miracle seeds mentioned below.
1. Chia Seeds ? Were you looking for an alternate to milk for your body?s calcium needs? Go for chia seeds. They contain three-five times more calcium than milk. These nature?s wonder regulates blood sugar and is therefore very good for diabetics. Chia seeds contain boron that is needed to aid the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus in bones and for muscle growth. Known to be the whole-food source levels of Omega-3 acids they are essential in absorbing fat soluble vitamins such as Vit. A, D, E, & K. You can have them early in the morning with a glass of water. When baking, chia gel (chia seeds when soaked form a jelly substance) can be used as a substitute for butter.
2. Flax Seeds ? Adding flax seeds to your regular diet can help with cleaning the colon. This is because they are a rich source of mucilage that assures a healthy intestine and proper absorption of nutrients. They contain the good fats, Omega- 3 essential fatty acids that have heart-healthy effects. Recent studies have shown that these nutty flavored seeds may have a protective effect against breast cancer, prostate cancer and colon cancer. It helps women who have excessive bleeding during menstruation, have PMS symptoms and irregular periods.
3. Pumpkin Seeds ? Rich in zinc, magnesium and other beneficial minerals, the pumpkin seeds offer a host of health benefits. Our bodies are constantly trying to achieve a state of equilibrium at a pH of about 7.4, which is slightly alkaline. This is the only seed that is alkaline forming. It is good for prostate health and also helps prevent kidney stone formation . High content of Vit. B in them nourishes the nervous system and regulates sleep rhythm. Roast or toast them, the sweet or chilly way depending on your taste and enjoy a handful of them everyday.
4. Hemp Seeds ? If you are a vegan, pick these up to fulfill your body?s protein requirement. They are a complete protein and contain all of the essential amino acids. They are a more digestible protein than eggs, meat and milk products. They provide an array of minerals like zinc, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium. Add a handful of them to your smoothies to enjoy a creamier, healthier and more satisfying drink.
5. Melon Seeds ? They make an ideal snack and also add a nutty flavor to salads and pasta. A rich source of iron, vitamins and these cream colored seeds are great for your health, skin and hair. Boil a handful of watermelon seeds in water and drink this water every day like tea. It is said to control the blood sugar levels. Eating them regularly can keep pre-mature ageing at bay. Low in calories and high in fiber they are your friends in weight loss.
6. Sunflower Seeds ? Munch on some sunflower seeds and benefit from their high nutritional value. One of the rich sources of Vit. E they help to prevent cardiovascular disease, boosts the immune system and also promote healthy skin, hair and nails. Owing to their high content of dietary fiber, sunflower seeds eaten raw can aid in digesting food and even cure constipation. It also contains copper which is vital for maintaining a healthy skin.