Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. VrushaliYour feedback matters!
I am a 50 years old man. Diabetic for the past 5 years. I have severe problem of gums bleeding. What should I do?
I am 21 year old boy I am too thin I used several medicine but I do not hv any relief so I want please give me advice to make my body perfect.
My mother is 45 years old diabetic person. There is a black spot in her vision. What stage she is in of diabetic retinopathy and can it be cured by controlling diabetes and no treatment? This is really urgent. Thank you.
I eat a lot but I am unable to gain weight. Tried gym also. I am Very frustrated with my health. Please Suggest.
Which is better for health. Curd or butter milk. I heard that butter milk is more healthier. Is it true.
I am too skinny. I want to know tips on gaining weight. I booze occasionally. I smoke 5 cigarettes a day. I only have 2 meals in a day. I work in a call center so my food timings fluctuate. I had serious mass supplements once but while having I did not performed enough exercise thats why I suffered from piles too however recovered now. Supplement did not helped me in gaining weight. I am 30 now and married. Please help.
Sir I Saif Ali I'm 21 years old but I'm very thin in comparison to my age so how can I get healthy body please give me right information.
White rice is originally Brown rice which has been thoroughly refined before it is made available in the stores. Rice grain in its natural unpolished state is rich in fiber, thiamine, proteins, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Whole rice is also rich in fiber which is good for your digestive system and also aids you to manage your weight effectively. There is a raging debate over the type of rice which is good for your health.
The following are some of the pointers that compare white rice to brown rice:
- Calorie composition: White rice contains more calories when compared to brown rice. A cup of white rice comprises of 242 calories, while a cup of brown rice comprises of 218 calories. Brown rice is recommended to people who are interested to cut down on their calorie intake as a whole.
- Carbohydrates and Fiber composition: Both brown rice and white rice are rich in carbohydrate. A cup of brown rice comprises of 53 grams of carbohydrates and a cup of brown rice comprises of 46 grams of the same. But when it comes to fiber content, brown rice contains more fiber. Fiber is known to boost the blood cholesterol level and aids in weight management; therefore brown rice is more beneficial for help.
- Fat and Protein composition: In case of fat and protein composition, both types of rice have a low fat composition while a cup of each type of rice contains about 4.5 grams of protein.
- Vitamins and Minerals composition: Brown rice is known to contain more percentage of natural vitamins and minerals when compared to white rice. White rice is thoroughly refined which results in the loss of its natural properties. The manufacturers tend to add vitamins and minerals artificially during the processing of the whole rice grain.
- Glycemic Index: According to studies, foods which have a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar level. As per the glycemic index, brown rice has a much lower glycemic index than white rice. The average glycemic index of white rice is about 89 while in case of brown rice it's 50.
It can be said that brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice due to its wholesomeness and higher concentration of nutrients. Brown rice is highly recommended to those people who are health conscious and tend to be careful about their calorie intake.
Related Tip: "6 Do's and Don'ts of Healthy Eating Habits"