Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. VrushaliYour feedback matters!
I am so thin my weight is 49 kg . I am eat vary much but I do not increase my weight . So what should I do please help me to increase my weight . Any medicine for me please suggests thank you.
Low level of testosterone can end up affecting various aspects of a your life. It can affect your libido, your performance in bed along with your motivation and energy. Testosterone replacement therapy can bring the levels back to what they were before and restore his lost confidence, energy and vigour.
Testosterone is a hormone which is mainly produced in the testicles. Testosterone controls bone density, distribution of fat, muscle mass and strength, body and facial hair, red blood cell production, sex drive and production of sperms.
Testosterone levels generally lower with age, especially after 30. Usually, in older men, low levels of testosterone result in androgen deficiency. Androgen deficiency affects the muscle mass, bone density, weight and can drastically change sleep patterns as well. On the other hand, testicle injury, testicular cancer or treatment for it, hormonal disorders, infections, HIV/AIDS, chronic kidney or liver disease, type 2 diabetes and obesity can lead to low testosterone levels as well.
While testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) seems very desirable, there are certain risks and benefits which need to be considered.
Factors to be considered before opting for it
1. Sleep apnea is one of the risk factors of TRT. In this condition, breathing stops and starts repeatedly when you sleep.
2. Acne problems and other skin disorders
3. Swollen breasts. Men with breast cancer should not opt for this treatment.
4. TRT can trigger noncancerous prostate growth.
5. Sperm production is limited or the testicles might shrink
6. Chances of deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in veins) leading to pulmonary embolism (clots burst and lodge into your lungs) are increased.
Benefits of getting a testosterone therapy done
1. Sexual drive, performance and function are improved.
2. Mineral density of the bones gets restored
3. Healthy weight loss, thus improving your body composition
4. Muscle strength and mass improves
5. Mood and energy gets a boost
6. Cognitive functions improve
7. Lessens the risks of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
9. Reduces chances of anaemia or improves the condition if you are already suffering from it If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Im a student. I used to play basketball in the 10th standard in school. I stopped playing for 2 years then. And now I started playing again. I'm having ankle pains. What could be the reason?
I have a desk & out side job last 4 years, my weight has 57 kg, I want to gain my weight. Personality not growing because of my body not healthy, so please help what can I do.
Hi Dr. my age is 32 I have diabetic 200 I started taken metformin 500 .now diabetic result is 117 in empty stomach, after food normal how can I cure.
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 KGS. I what to lose weight. Please help.
Olive plants grow mainly in the Mediterranean basin and olive oil is extracted from the fruit. It has a wide range of beneficial uses. It is used as a cooking oil, as a pharmaceutical, as a cosmetic, in soaps and creams, and as a fuel. This wonderful extract has worked magic in attaining a healthy living and can also cure you of certain disorders. Let us peek into the world of this lipid legend!
Olive oil is advised to be incorporated in the daily diet to control cholesterol, relieve constipation and aid in weight loss. It is also known to work as an aphrodisiac. The oil improves bone quality, nail growth and helps in development and lustre of hair.
Benefits for the skin
It is used as an ingredient in makeup removers, soaps, and scrubs for better outcomes. Olive oil contains anti-ageing properties that are searched for by almost every middle-aged woman in a population. They are also used as moisturisers and for enhancing the skin quality.
How does it work against diseases?
Olive oil is rich in antioxidants like vitamin E, phyto-nutrients (which act as anti-inflammatory agents), and it works as a preventive agent against cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, osteoporosis, and similar diseases.
Lemon is another all-time favourite citric fruit, found in Asia in large quantities and qualities. It has many health benefits as well. Lemon is also a choice of the general population in both culinary and non-culinary units.
Why are lemons favourable?
Lemons are rich in vitamin C, which is much more than the daily consumable value. They are also packed with flavonoids, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamin B6, copper, and folates. Modestly, it can be assured that they work as anti-toxic and anti-infectious substances.
How lemons contribute to a healthy lifestyle?
Lemons help in breaking down free radicals, which, when more in number, can cause serious damage to blood vessels and cause cholesterol formation.
- Its citrus quantity helps prevent acne, resulting in a healthy, glowing skin.
- It helps in iron absorption due to its high content of vitamin C
- It relieves problems related to indigestion and constipation.
- It is used in hair care. It can treat dandruff, hair loss, and provide additional shine to the hair.
- It is also good for throat infections, due to its functions as an antibiotic.
These two gifts from nature are so common to the human eye that we fail to provide them the importance they deserve. Nature has provided many such gifts to us. Open your eyes and start searching for more! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Before 6 months I got slightly hit in my hand. But that part is hard (like after putting injection it will be hard if we don't rub). I think blood clot there. But it does not pain or anything. Does this will cause anything serious.
Hello normally I take a healthy diet. But sometimes when it's party tym or wedding I can't control myself. After eating a lot too fatty, oily junk food what steps can I take so that one day can't make any change or damage to my body?
I am overweight from last so many years, but still I am active. My age is 46 and weight is 99-100 kgs. How I will get rid of it?
Is bariatric surgery is successful process to reduce the excessive body fat? Is there any life risk after this surgery?
Hi hi I sona babu my health is vary bad how to fit my health you help and my wife is vary thin how to fit my wife please help doctor I am waiting for you please plz help me.
I have a nice job and in the last 3 years my weight has gone from 65 to 75, I want to lose weight please help.
Many people, particularly the younger generation is absolutely against the consumption of ghee. That is because, they are not informed of the health benefits of this golden tinged, flavorful and nutrient-rich butterfat. The consumption of ghee can be traced back to the tradition of Ayurveda in the ancient India, and it was regarded as a sacred, cleansing, medicinal and nutrient rich food. Here are some of the unknown benefits of ghee.
- Ghee is free of lactose: Many individuals are not able to digest lactose, which is a sugar found in milk due to the quality of the dietary product, because of the digestive condition of the person concerned. Do you know, a substantial percentage of the total population of the world is lactose intolerant? In case you belong to that group, you can consume ghee without any worries. The traditional cultures were aware of the ways in which the digestibility of any dairy product can be improved. The process of making ghee helps in the removal of lactose and leaves behind the purest form of butter oil.
- Ghee is casein free: Casein is the protein component present in milk which causes milk allergies. When the gut flora gets compromised, the consumption of casein can pave the way for an opiate effect on the brain since it is not well digested. When ghee is made, the milk solids comprising of lactose as well as casein float on the top which aids in their easy removal. In the pure Indian cuisine, ghee used does not contain lactose and casein. This is because the process of culturing removes all traces of these components.
- Ghee is a stable source of fat when used in cooking: The polyunsaturated oils such as safflower and sunflower oil contain different types of double bonds and which make them least stable for cooking. On the other hand, ghee is primarily a saturated fat which is highly stable for baking and sautéing.
- Ghee is a form of saturated fat: There are many pieces of research which prove that consumption of saturated fats does not cause any cardiac disease. So, if you have high blood pressure and cardiac problems, you can freely consume ghee without worrying about aggravating it.
- Ghee contains bio-available Vitamin A in abundance: The dairy products derived from ruminants like goats, cows, and sheep which graze on the grass offers an amazing source of fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A. This type of vitamins is mainly stored ion the fat portion which means that the concentration of vitamin in milk is lower than that of the ghee. Vitamin A plays a considerable role in hormone balance, fertility, liver health, and stamina.
Hence, to reap these benefits, you should consider consuming little amounts of ghee every day.