Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. MamathaYour feedback matters!
Since when I was born am so fat I do many exercise like yoga and many exercise so please suggest me.
The colon is a part of the digestive system of your body, which extracts the vitamins, nutrients, water and salt from the indigestible food. This helps in getting rid of solid waste from your body. Now, you may wonder why colon cleansing is necessary. It is required when there is some disorder in the normal colon function, such as when the colon absorbs the toxins in place of removing them from your body, you may experience colon problems. These results in syndromes like gaining weight, fatigue, lack of energy, constipation, bloating and many more.
Cleaning the colon in a natural way is one of the earliest processes by which you can get a normal colon. This process is also called autointoxication. There are some ways by which you can go for natural colon cleansing.
- One of the easiest and best ways for colon cleansing is drinking plenty of water. Regular intake of water will keep your body hydrated and the body organs functioning. It will also help your body to get rid of various toxins.
- Intake of apple juice is yet another process of colon cleansing. Apple juice normalises your bowel movements and keeps your liver fit. It keeps the digestive system functioning as well. One glass of raw apple juice followed by one glass of water half an hour later works best for colon cleansing.
- Lemon juice with a high amount of vitamin C is excellent for the digestive system. A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and honey keeps your liver, colon and the entire digestive system fit and fine.
- Stay away from fried and processed food for a couple of days. It is better if you drink fresh vegetable juice for a number of times in a day. Green and leafy vegetables remove toxins from your body. They have high amount of minerals and enzymes which provides energy to your body.
- Yogurt is your best companion when it comes to colon cleansing. It contains some bacteria, which are good for your body and helps accelerate the digestion process. It is one of the best way by which you can cure every stomach and digestion-related problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I am 38 year old male. I am taking istamet 50/500 mg in the morning and glycomet 1GM during dinner, since last 3-4 years. Recently I have moved to complete Vegan diet (avoiding non veg, milk, eggs, tea/coffee). My fasting sugars are in the range of 130 to 150 and post food in the range of 160 to 210. Can I stop using the medicines?
I am writing this on behalf of my father. I am middle aged man and diabetic. I am also facing gain weight problem, precisely at stomach. What might be reason for that? because my other body parts are not obese at all. I also have a concern about my diabetes. As soon as I start to feel the hint of hunger my body stops working. I badly feel like to eat. And if I don't get anything to eat then I feel that I would faint. Why is that? Why am I not able to control my hunger even for a jiffy? Please provide plausible explanation. Thanks for you help.
What should I take in breakfast? I have hepatic diet. So please tell me what should I do. I am not satisfied of my diet.
Memory is something which runs the world. Memory boosting techniques are most common among the children. All parents would want their children to have good memory. Adults also loose the capacity of remembering things when they are under stress.
Here are some of the foods which would help boosting the memory:
1. Cabbage: Cabbage head is not the insult as you may perceive. It is a good source of folic acid which helps boost memory.
2. Eggs: Eggs are the primary source of protein and are said to increase the memory. A good omelet on any day for breakfast is a good deal to improve your memory.
3. Broccoli: A little sister of cauliflower broccoli is a good source of protein again. Broccoli can be eaten in boiled state as a side or stir fried way as salad. Add some veggies to stir fried broccoli with salad dressing, you get fantastic salad which not only boosts the taste of your palette but also boosts your memory.
4. Strawberries: The favorite most of all, eating strawberries a day would surely improve your memories. Strawberries can be eaten in any way. Shake it up with little milk and chia seeds, you get a fantastic shake which has refreshing taste and goodness of strawberry.
5. Red Wine: Many people swear by this quality of red wine which would help them boost memory. It is said that wine which is older is the better for improving memory powers. Consuming wine with food is the best way to have it.
6. Salmon: Definitely not an option for vegans and vegetarians, salmon is considered to be the best source of protein and hence boosts memory power.
7. Almonds: Indians swear by almonds for their capacity to boost memory. Soaked and eaten as first thing in the morning peeled almonds are the best source of protein too.
Iron deficiency is a common condition in children. It occurs when there is a scarcity of iron in the child's system due to malnutrition. Iron is an extremely important mineral that is required for growth and development in young ones. It is used in transporting oxygen through the bloodstream and is essential for the functioning of the muscles. If the child's diet lacks iron then the condition might worsen and turn into anemia.
Children need different levels of iron intake at different ages for proper development of all mental and physical faculties. As the child gets older and reaches the age of puberty, the requirement of iron and other minerals also increases. Deficiencies can lead to various nutritional disorders that may cause severe complications.
The primary cause of iron deficiency in children is an improper diet which leads to a lack of nourishment. There are a number of other causes of the problem, some of which are as follows:
- Low birth weight
- Excessive intake of cow's milk at less than 2 years of age
- Feeding exclusively on breastmilk beyond 6 months of age
- Lead poisoning
- Insufficient intake of lean meat
- Pure vegetarian diet
- Gastrointestinal disease or infection
- Improper diet of the mother during pregnancy
- Chronic diarrhea
- Infestation of parasites in the digestive system.
If the problem arises due to dietary deficiency, it can be easily solved by making simple modifications to the child's diet plan. If the condition stems from other factors or diseases, the child must be taken to a doctor immediately for a medical diagnosis and remedial treatment.
Related Tip: Permanent Cure for Anemia - Only Through Homeopathy
I am vegetarian. I am 27 years old female. My weight is 40 kg. I want to gain weight. I look very slim, nothing suits on me. please advice me.
I am diabetic since 1 year from right beginning I have premature ejaculation. I finish by two strokes I Sm frustrated please help my BG level FBS 180 and ppbs 200 please help.
Hi. I'm Shailendra. Nd I go to continue gym. But I m unable to gain weight. Tell me what should I do?
I am 20 and my weight is 72 kg height is 174cm now I am feeling that I am overweight am in correct region of weight if I want to decrease weight what are the steps to be taken.
Mam, mujhe 30th July 2017 ko period huai the Mene uske baad conceive karne ke liye try kiya but mujhe 31st August 2017 ko 1.5 days ke liye period ho gaye Mera weight loose karne ki medicine bhi le rahi thi kaya Mea pregnant ho sakti hu mujhe check Karna chahiye.
I have tremendously increased weight. What should I do. Exercise and diet control not helping. I am getting irregular periods. And I also from a month facing problem of bones pain.
The natural fat content in ragi is lower than all other cereals. Also, this fat is in its unsaturated form. Thus, substituting it for wheat and rice is a good choice for people trying to lose weight. It also contains an amino acid called tryptophan which reduces appetite.
Brown rice is low in energy density.
This means that brown rice can make one feel full while consuming fewer calories. Its water and fiber components make it low in energy density. It will help lose weight as it makes one eat less since it fills one up fast.
Brown rice is rich in fiber.
Fiber aids in good digestion. This translates to regular bowel movement which helps to consistently dispose of what has been eaten. It also optimizes the metabolic function which is beneficial if one is losing weight. Brown rice stabilizes the digestion and prevents constipation, too.
Brown rice helps lose fat.
Being whole grain, brown rice is not stripped off its nutritional components compared to refined grains such as white rice.
PULSES AND LEGUMES :-
A significant number of research studies support claims that soy protein consumption can help lose weight due to its following benefits :
1) Soy protein helps one feel full and satisfied.
2) Soy protein has a low-glycemic index.
3) Soy protein is a complete protein.
Lentils are low on the glycemic index, scoring a 28 on a scale of 100. The glycemic index measures how quickly the body digests carbohydrate-containing foods. Any food that ranks below 55 is considered low-glycemic, or a “slow carb.” Carbohydrates that digest more slowly, like lentils, release glucose into the blood in a steady stream instead of a quick spurt. This keeps the blood sugar levels on an even keel, which means one feels full longer and are less likely to binge on unhealthy foods when trying to lose weight.
Low in calories :
One hard-boiled egg contains 78 calories, making a good addition to meals if the goal is to lose weight. Also, remember that to lose weight, one must burn more calories than one consumes; therefore, following a diet made up primarily of low-calorie foods, including eggs, is a sensible way to achieve this.
Low in Fat :
With about 5 g of fat each, eggs are appropriate for weight loss, as they make it easy to stay within the recommendations, but don’t forget that fat content increases when eggs are fried or scrambled.
Salmon is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Fishes like salmon, contain docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA, and eicosapentaenoic acid, or EPA. Salmon will reduce the amount of triglycerides in the blood and increase the levels of HDL, which are known as “good” cholesterol. HDL works to transport fatty substances out of the body. Increasing the intake of omega-3 fatty acids will correct abnormal blood lipid levels, if used in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle.
RICE BRAN OIL :-
Rice Bran oil contains Gamma Oryzanol and this helps reduce the absorption of cholesterol, and is also high in Omega 6 and vitamin E. Studies have determined that foods high in Omega 6 fatty acid actually help reduce excess body fat. They are also beneficial because they help reduce inflammation.
OLIVE OIL :-
Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA), which promote heart health by decreasing “bad” LDL cholesterol without reducing the “good” HDL cholesterol. The invisible healers within this “liquid gold” also work to prevent cancer, inflammation, and may even play a helpful role in diabetes and weight loss. Several other studies indicate that monounsaturated fat enhances the body’s breakdown of stored fat.
NUTS AND OIL SEEDS :-
Almonds are actually low in calories with ten almonds costing one approximately 78 calories. Other than that they’re packed with useful nutrients like Vitamin E, mono-saturated fat (‘good’ fat) and fibre, which is highly satiating and provides bulk to food without adding calories. They are also full of B vitamins and zinc, which helps stop sugar cravings, plus the oleic oil in the nuts cuts hunger very quickly.
Walnuts can form a part of weight management diet as an ounce of walnuts contains 2.5g of omega 3 fats, 4g of protein and 2g of fibre that help provide satiety. Any successful weight management plan must include satiety factor; so walnut is undoubtedly the right food to consider if one is into a weight management program.
OIL SEEDS :-
FLAX SEEDS :-
Flaxseeds is very low in carbohydrates and contains high amount of B vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. This helps one feel full and keeps one from being hungry for longer periods of time.
CHIA SEEDS :-
Chia seeds are rich in fiber and antioxidants, as well as essential minerals like calcium and iron. Chia seeds are also thought to help keep your waistline trim, by sucking up 10–12 times their weight, forming a gel in the stomach that can curb the calorie intake by making one feel full longer. They also slow the digestive process that breaks down carbs and converts them to sugar, which means fewer carbs feeding the fat cells around the midsection.
Research has shown that monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA’s)are more likely to be used as slow burning energy than stored as body fat.
This slow burning energy and the feeling of satiety or satisfied fullness that one gets from eating an avocado is one of the reasons they are known for reducing hunger and appetite.
APPLE CIDAR VINEGAR :-
Apple cider vinegar helps in control of hunger cravings. 1 to 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar should be taken with water right before a meal. This helps to reduce appetite because of a fiber compound found in the vinegar called pectin. This substance mixes with the water and expands in the stomach, which causes appetite to be decreased.
BEST FOODS FOR WEIGHT LOSS