Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ch. Radha Kumari
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ch. Radha KumariYour feedback matters!
My father is suffering from diabetes and he gets weaker day by day and irritate on small things and also takes medicines for diabetes prescribed by doctor. And tell could he take fish liver cod capsules or not? Suggest. Reply soon.
I am 23 years old. But my body weight is not so good. It is only 50 kg. Its been 4 years with constant weight. Pls help.
Hi doctor, well my name is raheja. I'm thin I want to become a fatty and muscular please help me I'm 19 year old and 5.5 height 48.9 kg weight please give me a health for me.
A procedure done to remove a piece of tissue from your body so that it can be analyzed in a laboratory is termed as 'biopsy'.
A biopsy is done to determine whether you have cancer or some other condition. They help to differentiate cancerous cells from noncancerous cells.
It is performed by a surgeon, interventional radiologist, or an interventional cardiologist.
Types of biopsy procedures
- Bone Marrow biopsy.
- Bone marrow is the spongy material inside some of your larger bones where blood cells are produced.
- This biopsy is done if the doctor suspects cancer to have originated in or travelled to your bone marrow.
- Bone marrow biopsy is done to diagnose leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma.
- A bone marrow biopsy detects cancers that started elsewhere and traveled to the bone marrow.
- During endoscopy, your doctor uses a thin, flexible tube (endoscope) with a light on the end to see structures inside your body. It has a close-focusing telescope on the end for viewing.
- To analyze cells of a tissue, special tools are passed through the tube.
- Tubes are inserted through your mouth, rectum, urinary tract or a small incision in your skin.
- Examples: Cystoscopy to collect tissue from inside your bladder, bronchoscopy to get tissue from inside your lung and colonoscopy to collect tissue from inside your colon.
- During a needle biopsy, the doctor uses a special needle to extract cells from a suspicious area.
- A needle biopsy is often used on tumors that the doctor can feel through your skin, such as suspicious breast lumps and enlarged lymph nodes.
Needle biopsy procedures include:
- Fine-needle aspiration
- Core needle biopsy
- Vacuum-assisted biopsy
A skin (cutaneous) biopsy removes cells from the surface of your body. A skin biopsy is used to diagnose skin conditions, including melanoma and other cancers. The type of skin biopsy to be done depends on the type of cancer suspected.
Skin biopsy procedures include:
- Shave biopsy- The doctor uses a tool similar to a razor to scrape the surface of your skin.
- Punch biopsy- The doctor uses a circular tool to remove a small section of your skin's deeper layers.
- Incisional biopsy- The doctor uses a scalpel to remove a small area of skin.
- Excisional biopsy- The doctor removes an entire lump
You receive a local anesthetic to numb the biopsy site before the procedure.
Biopsy analysis and results
A biopsy guides the doctor to determine cancer's grade. The grade is sometimes expressed as a number on a scale of 1 to 4 and is determined by how cancer cells look under the microscope.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!