Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 26 years old and had unprotected sex 10 days ago. I didn't cum inside her during sex. She didn't get her periods till now even her periods date passed. She had divery tablets for past two days but still she didn't get her periods. If there is pregnancy please advise me how to prevent it?
My second baby was dead born. My gynaec says that my baby died due to placenta twisted around baby's neck. But I have undergone scan before one week of death. Is it true. But I can't feel anything different. It happened starting of my ninth month.
Avoid sex with strangers....
Too much urge...
Please use condom -
Protect yourself & your spouse inturn your progeny.
Hi, She got pregnant now, she is 2 months, at this time she wnts to do sex, is having sex any problem to do sex in this time. Please advise.
Am 25 years old. My wedding was on Aug 2014. My periods are irregular. We stayed together only for 4 Months continuously (December 2015 to April 2016. On May 2016 I consult a gync n ultrasound scanning report shows that I have pcod. Dr. prescribed novelon tablets. I completed one cycle. Menses occurred June 30th . But due to headache n vomiting I consulted another Dr. She prescribed APCOD Sachets, ovabless, clomiphene citrate 5 days, duphaston after 15 days. My husband had a short vacation of 25 days. But no luck this time. Menses occurred August 1st. Hus vacation too over. And he is now in Saudi Arabia. On 5th day of menses I consult Dr. She again prescribed apcod sachets, ovabless, clomiphene citrate for 5 days on 5th day onwards , orovit active too. I will be there in Saudi Arabia after 3 months with my hus. Dr. told me to take these medicines for 2 to 3 months. And to consult before going to Saudi Arabia. Is this good to continue these tablets, any side effects. Is this correct way of treatment for pcod. Suggest diet for pcod. My weight is 51 kg. Height is 5 ft 2 inch.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and gave her ipill after 1 day. After 7 days she got her periods. Now it has been one and half month she is not getting her period. We didn't do anything physically after her periods. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I am 6 week 5 days pregnant. I have irregular pain in my lower abdomen. I becomes sever sometimes. Which pain killer can I take?
I am 23 years old suffering from pcos n thyroid N I am taking thyroid medicine n its under control now N how can I control my pcos N can I consume apple cider vinegar for pcos.
We had sex without any protection. Also nothing was released inside by my husband. I have taken the contraceptive pill but there has not been any periods in next 2 days. Is there a chance of pregnancy. We want to avoid it, please advise.
Married for 7 months trying to conceive. My BMI is 23.17, Body Fat Percentage is waist to height ratio is 0.6. Is this mean pcod? Will this affect my chances of getting pregnant? I look somewhat slim but my weight is still same 60.8 kg. Is it good or not?
Hello doctor, I have 65 days old kid. Everyday I make him to sleep around 10 PM - 11 pm and I feed him during that time. After that next I feed him around 5 am. He never wakes up in between. Is this correct or do I have to wake him up and feed him in between. In day time I feed frequently when ever he needs it.(more than 7,8 times)
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.
First and foremost step towards dealing with less libido in females is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition.
Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated.
Some of them are discussed below:
- Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
- Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
- Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
- Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA. Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently.
While the complaint of being born flat chested is faced by a number of women, there are a few women who have heavy breasts. Over the time, large breasts have been linked with a number of health problems, such as backaches, neck pain, numbness in the fingers and shortness of breath. Thus it is not only for cosmetic reasons that many women choose to undergo breast reduction surgery. This involves the removal of tissues and skin from the breasts to reduce the size of the breasts and reshape them. Breast reduction is a very safe procedure,however, just like any other surgery, there is always a risk and hence the question arises, 'how safe is breast reduction surgery'.
Since the procedure involves making incisions in the skin and removing tissues, most women feel pain in the breasts for the first few days post surgery. This later transforms into a mild discomfort before which completely goes away after a few days. Pain medication and anti inflammatory drugs can help ease the pain. Swelling and bruising in the area is also a common effect of the surgery and may last for about a month or two. The patients are usually advised to wear a surgical bra all the time as it help in giving proper support which in turn helps ease the pain and reduce swelling.
Scarring is one of the most common risks associated with this surgery. To remove the tissue, a surgeon has to make an incision under the breast. This incision is usually positioned in line with the natural curves and creases of a woman's body in order to conceal them. However, it always leaves behind a scar. Scarring varies from person to person and also depends on the type of incision made. Typically, scars fade over time but for some women, they may remain noticeable for many years.
Fortunately, in most cases, the incisions can be restricted to areas covered by a bra or bikini. Some women complain loss of sensation in the breasts or nipples after such a procedure, but mainly this is a temporary side effect and resolves within a few months of the surgery. Depending on the type of procedure, some women may also find it difficult to breastfeed after the surgery.
On its own, breast reduction surgery is a fairly safe procedure as long as it is performed by a certified plastic surgeon on a healthy patient. Therefore, it is important to do plenty of research and go for a best possible surgeon. So, do not let your fear of surgery keep you from making life more comfortable for yourself!