Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Yasmeen IqbalYour feedback matters!
Do you love chewing gum? You love popping it and get a kick when chewing gum with friends. You think it’s a style statement and a cool thing to do. Above all, you think it’s only for fun and is harmless! Well, this article may be an eye opener for you. Here are some facts about chewing gum that can change your thinking.
- Chewing gum has been a favourite snack for millions of people, especially children and adolescents. Besides the sweetness, people like it for its flavour. Many people also use it as a replacement for a food craving. One fact that refrained many from consuming chewing gums was that it was loaded with sugar. However, with ever-growing awareness about consumption of sweetened products, the companies have now started offering sugar-free gum to health-conscious people which are made using artificial sweeteners.
- The artificial sweetener most commonly used in chewing gums is aspartame whose components metabolizes into wood alcohol and formaldehyde in the body. Both have carcinogenic properties and the body is unable to eliminate them through normal waste. These have been linked to cancers, birth defects and weight gain.
- Some tooth whitening gums contain an ingredient called Titanium Dioxide. This gives the chewing gum its glossy white color. It is a dangerous compound linked to many disorders including auto immune disorders, crohn’s disease, asthma and cancer.
- Gastrointestinal problems are quite common among chewing gum consumers. The symptoms include pain and cramps in abdomen, indigestion and diarrhea. Irritable bowel syndrome has been found to be associated with chewing gum eaters as chewing gum can lead to swallowing of excess air and changing of bowel habits.
- Dentists strongly recommend staying away from chewing gum habit, as it can be a cause of tooth decay. Chewing gum may also release mercury from Dental fillings into the system causing host of problems.
- Recent research has established a link between eating chewing gum and headache and migraines. It is believed that chewing gum puts an undue pressure on temporomandibular joint causing headaches. It can also lead to pain and lack of mobility in the jaw, causing an inability to chew meals. This is called temporomandibular joint disorder and is commonly found among chewing gum lovers.
- A chewing gum base is made from a combination of chemicals and non-edible substances. We generally chew it for flavour and throw the rest. However, the compounds do get stuck to the linings of the mouth and enter our system. A chewing gum adds no nutritive value and diminishes a person’s ability to chew and eat normally. For its far-reaching side effects, this habit is a big no to keep. Stay safe! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello Doctor. I am 24 year old, when am sex with my boyfriend then I have in situation very painful feelings I got in every sex time then whats problem and solution.
I think I am pregnant from this month bt I had a abortion in February so is there any problem of my baby.
U have a query on behalf of someone. That I am 25 year old and these days started some issues regarding periods. Earlier it used to stay for 4 days continuous but now it goes up till 7 days or it will happen for a while and then it will not happen on that day. Please advice as to how serious it is.
For over 8 months I have been under ayurvedic medical supervision. My doctor prescribed me several medicines for this 8 months. While he prescribed me he said me to drink kashaya 3 cups (12ml) and arishtams 5 cups (30 ml. But I misunderstood the measurements and drunk 30 ml kashaya and 50 ml arishtams trice a day. Will I be under any problem due to this over dose. Note: I hav put on weight and also had irregular periods during my medical supervision which has not become normal till now. Will it be because of overdose? What should I do now?
It's watering like think white water frequently in a day from my vagina & even three is bad smell. It's happening from a week. Please let me know why is happening so. And should I do to cure it.
I am 21 years female. I have abnormal menstrual cycle I have severe body pain and abdominal pain and my cycle lasts for more than 7 days what health measures I can do to correct my dysmenorrhea and have a healthy periods.
Today is my 9th missing period date on 7th I have done urine test which was negative I am having back pain some time some time stomach pain is ter a chance I can be pregnant should I wait for more days? What should I do?
Hi, I am planning for pregnancy can you please give me some tips, and I'm confused when is my ovulation day Becoz last month I had got my periods on 17th June 2016 this time I got my periods on 27th July 2016 and I was having periods only 3 says 29th my bleeding stopped so how will I no when is my ovulation day how to calculate and what are the easy way to get pregnant.
Hi doctor. I am getting my period much irregular. Infact I am getting Once in a two month since last few months. Actually I have PCOD problem. And as per my doctor suggestion I have done HSG test and I got the positive report. My both fallopian tubes are open. After that test I thinking that, I am getting my period more irregular. I have done that test on October. After that month till now I hv got 3 cycles only. So I thought like this. Is there any causes due to that Test for my irregularity? Please Dr. help me out.
Hello Dr. I want to plan second issue but can't conceive because meri last three years se menstrual nahi ho rahe only spotting hoti thi regular last three year se hysteroscopy two times and laproscopy hui hai uterus ka face band ho jata h aur lineing thin h 4mm last 9 years mai 1 daughter hai aur 3 mtp huye hai can I get pregnant for second issue. Please advise.
Hlo sir my grand mother have one problem of (dahakar) I do not know its english meaning . It comes without any reason without having food etc . She had taken many medicines but not success .Can you give any advice.
Kidney failure is happening even to 20-year-old Indians now! 4 Reasons why.
Usually more common in the elderly as a consequence of the chronic kidney disease, kidney failure is now increasingly becoming common amongst 20-somethings in the country.
Mainly because of their unhealthy lifestyle habits, they are falling prey to a disease that normally strikes later on in life.
Kidney failure, also known as renal failure, occurs when the kidneys stop functioning properly, that is, they are unable to filter out waste and toxins efficiently from the body. It is the most severe stage of chronic kidney disease. To ensure that toxins don't build up in the body, treatment usually involves dialysis (process for removing excess fluid and waste from the blood) or kidney transplant, among others. It is said that about 1 million people all over the world are on dialysis or are surviving on transplanted kidneys. The condition is permanent and can occur either very suddenly or slowly over time.
These frightening habits of the young are leading to the rise of the incidence of renal failure:
1. A sedentary lifestyle - A research conducted by the University of Utah School of Medicine suggests that if you spend 80 minutes a day sitting, you see a 20% increase in the risk of developing chronic kidney disease and, in turn, renal failure.Sedentary behaviour can also increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension as well as obesity (causes of chronic kidney disease).India is said to have about 60% of patients who suffer from hypertension and diabetes also suffer from kidney problem.
2. Poor eating habits - Studies suggest that the right diet consisting of fruits legumes, nuts, and whole grains can help in preventing kidney disease.On the other hand, a diet that is high in processed meats; salt and sugar can worsen the vicious cycle of high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and kidney disease. Furthermore, a BMI of over 30 can increase your risk of developing common kidney ailments by two-fold. With the proliferation of fast food outlets and junk food due to lack of time, Indians are increasingly now at a risk.
3. Smoking - Smoking brings about a decrease in blood flow to the kidneys, rendering the organs inefficient. When you smoke, the arteries of your body harden and the blood vessels become narrow, leading to a worsening of conditions like high blood pressure. A study by the John Hopkins University says that smoking can increase your chances of developing kidney disease by about 60%. Many young Indians view smoking as fashionable and some even take it up to 'look cool', to beat stress or just to blend in with their peers.
4. Drinking alcohol - Excessive alcohol consumption can bring about significant changes to the way your kidneys may function. Your kidneys end up becoming less efficient at removing alcohol from the blood due to regular drinking. Additionally, more than 2 drinks a day has been found to significantly increase your risk of high blood pressure, a common cause of kidney disease.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms
My Friend, she has some swelling in her uterus and she has got this information after she did one test 2 years back she gets heavy bleeding in her periods and she is hardly able to walk when she is in periods. She tells me that she experience unbearable pain in her vagina. Pls can you suggest me any medication and how can this be cured. Thanks.
It is a very good source of vitamin k.
It contains a good amt. Of alpha lipoic acid (antioxidants) which decreases blood glucose levels in diabetic patients.
We can consume spinach in many ways. Spinach salad is rich in nutrition & provides adequate amounts of fibre & essential vitamins to the body.
Boiled spinach is good for skin & hair. It provides vitamin a to the body.
Spinach can be cooked with lentils (dal) to make a high protein tasty dish.
Spinach soup is also very healthy. It is easy to digest & keeps your digestion healthy. It is very good for constipation & for post op. Patients.
Caution- it should be washed properly before use. In monsoon it is better to avoid spinach.
Can I do cardio excercises when I am trying to get pregnant? I am afraid I might not get pregnant if I strain my body.
Steps you can take:
1)Stay in touch with family and friends.
2)Be involved in your community.
3)Maintain a positive attitude and do things that make you happy.
4)Keep your curiosity alive. Lifelong learning is beneficial to your health.
5)Healthy intimacy takes all forms but is always free of coercion.
6)Learn to recognize and manage stress in your life. Signs of stress include trouble sleeping, frequent headaches and stomach problems; being angry a lot; and turning to food, drugs and alcohol to relieve stress.
7)Good ways to deal with stress include regular exercise, healthy eating habits and relaxation exercises, such as deep breathing or meditation.
8) Talking to trusted family members and friends can help a lot. Some women find that interacting with their faith community is helpful in times of stress.
9)Get enough sleep and rest.
10)Adults need around eight hours of sleep a night.
11)Talk to your health care provider if you feel depressed for more than a few days; depression is a treatable illness. Signs of depression include feeling empty and sad, crying a lot, loss of interest in life, and thoughts of death or suicide. If you or someone you know has thoughts of suicide, get help right away.