Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yashwanth Rao
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yashwanth RaoYour feedback matters!
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
1. Adequate sleep- Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
2. Allowing them to play- Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
3. Learning to share and care- You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
4. Regular exercise- Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
5. Listen to them- Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
6. Encourage them to make friends- Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
7. Good nourishment- Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
8. Make them feel safe- Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Constipation in children can be effectively dealt with by monitoring a well-balanced diet. Eating the following things and drinking nearly three liters of water each day can relieve your child from stool withholding.
- Eat these fruits raw: Apples, plums and pears should be eaten raw along with their skins. These fruits are known to contain an average of 4.4 to 3.3 grams of dietary fiber that will further stimulate bowel movements. Apples, pears and plums are rich in pectin and hence help in softening your stool.
- Add nuts to your daily diet: Nuts can help you if you are suffering from constipation. However, nuts should not be consumed in excess as they can make you gain calories. Having a fistful of nuts once in a day could work wonders for your digestive health.
- Have a high- fiber cereal for breakfast: High- fiber cereal for breakfast can give your day a good start. It prevents stool withholding. Cereals in present times no more taste bland. You may add some honey to your child's bowl of cereals; honey acts as a laxative and caters to a person's taste buds as well. If your cereal is not sufficiently fiber dense you may add some flaxseed to every single serving.
- Sweet berries can be of great help: Berries have nutrients that are known to cure symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries should be included in a child's diet. These fruits are rich in vitamin C and vitamin K. They are good for a child's fiber and copper requirements.
- Get a full night's sleep: A full night's sleep is extremely important for good digestion. Improper digestion could be the reason behind continual constipation. Children these days tend to keep awake till late. Children should at least get seven to eight hours of sleep regularly.
In spite of following a healthy lifestyle the problem of constipation may still persist. It is best to consult a professional doctor in such a case. Before seeing a doctor to remedy constipation it is important to jot down certain points regarding your child's health. A guardian must make a list of medications his or her child has been taking by far, a list of symptoms he or she has been facing simultaneously and must also carry a brief record of one's family history. Constipation, if left unchecked, can lead to anal fissures over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.