Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. WilsonYour feedback matters!
With the monotonous workimg shifts of 9-5pm, we often forget to take care of our back which is an integral part of our body. As per the statistics, nearly 65% of the working individuals or it professionals suffer from tremendous back pain (low back pain) being the commonest. It is seen in young as well as middle aged population who sit on a chair without a good low back support and work on their desktops and laptops which are not even at a good level of their eyes thus causing repetitive stress and strain in their eyes leading to low back pain and neck pain. The main reasons are unsupported sitting on the office chair, improper position of the laptop, not taking enough breaks in between work schedule, not drinking enough water to stay hydrated which provides good nutrition to the discs of our spine!
Follow this simple step to relieve the constant stress and strain on the back
1. Mandatory to take short breaks in between work to ease out the stress on the spine
2. Stand near the table/desk to perform back bending with hands behind the hips and gently bend your back behind without any jerks or discomfort. Move till the point of pain or discomfort and come back to your starting position. By doing so, you are reducing the pressure on your disc which is a red flag sign for spondylosis, disc herniation or other low back pain problems.
3. Hydrate yourself properly with at least 10-12 glasses of water daily in order to maintain the nutrition of the discs between the bones of the spine called vertebrae.
(this maintains the height of the vertebrae and does not produce friction between the two causing symptoms)
4. Always identify your symptoms like pain, discomfort, stress, tightness around the back, inability to do complete movements, stiffness, difficulty in walking or working on a laptop for long hours. Consult a physiotherapist for the same as exercises are the best way to heal any problem of the spine
I am 42 years old I'm suffering from severe back ache since from 3 months, pl. Tell me what can I do for that.
I am a 50 yrs old man having back ache for the last 15 yrs and managing without much problem. Now I wish to improve my physical fitness and would like add cycling to my regular walking programme. What precautions can be taken. Kindly advice.
My cousin has joint pains from last 2 months. We have consulted ortho but no result. Pls suggest any remedy to follow.
Hi mam/sir I have pain of upar back since 2 year. I took already rushtox and broniya also not well yet. Feeling is same condition. MRI and all report is normal so which homeopathic good for pain please suggest me I'm tried of pain. One homeopathic doctor say take ludam pal. It is good for that.
My left leg was paining from 2-3 months, when I am using indian toilet, or when I am sitting on my knee, after some time, my pain vanished, why this was happened.
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tears or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects or doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement.
These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, the problem doesn’t subside, visit an experienced doctor for his advice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.