Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. WazahatYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old female. I am married since April 2016. Sometimes during intercourse I am not having my orgasm. Does it affects my chances of conception.
Compelling urge to get physical with your partner that is an aberration from what is expected of a person, that is to say usual genital arousal for a phenotypically normal, physically of age and consenting human counterpart, is referred to as Paraphilia or sexual perversion. This condition lives up to the standards of a disabling problem when it hampers the overall health of a person, leads to psychological setback or victimization of another individual (read more for healthy sexual life).
Psychological impacts of going through such a condition
1. The perpetrator of the variation may or may not see this as a condition: The person suffering from this condition may or may not treat it as a problem. In both ways, it is harmful. Knowing it as a problem and not seeking treatment or assistance can be harmful for oneself and others. Not realizing that you are subject to a serious sexual condition might propel you to commit wrong to non- consensual partners while being confident about your ways.
2. Social ostracization kills them: Coming in the open with a sexual fantasy that is not acceptable to the society can leave you with varied reactions. People might be incited to attack you for being unusual or they might isolate you. The latter is a probable outcome. Rarely does society guide you towards betterment in such cases. Social ostracization can result in deep rooted hatred for the world at large.
3. Perpetual humiliation can push them more into Paraphilia: Humiliation for being different from the rest can make a person feel shame. Shame and constant regret cannot help an instance of sexual perversion. It can make a man or woman more obstinate. In such a situation a person would strongly cling to his or her condition feeling extremely dejected.
4. 'To be or not to be' haunts people suffering from Paraphilia: Many times a sufferer is not able to understand what is wrong in having objectionable sexual behavioral tendencies and fantasies. As long as your fantasies are limited to your own mental domain or are performed on a consensual partner, there are no complications. The minute an obnoxious sexual urge is performed leading to personal or public harm, a threatening hitch arises.
5. Problems in expressing oneself can make a person suicidal: To adhere to societal norms a person might keep his desires on a leash. This kind of compromising over a long span of time will make a person depressive and may also prompt him to commit suicide.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, this question is regarding myself. My periods started on 24th of this month. Just few days before my periods started we had unprotected sex. Now periods is not going well and m also feeling nauseated. Is there any chances that I may be pregnant. Or this is happening due to hormonal changes.
My wife is feeling pain in her Vagina because of sex for one week. How to prevent with this. She's has already taken the medicine for that.
Hello doctor, My query is whenever I do have sex with my wife she feels burning sensation a sort of just after sex. But it does not longer. I keep my organs clean and she too take the precautions as well. Why does it happen? please suggest me to eradicate this prob.
My wife not co-operating to have sex. How to encourage her to have sex with me. Please help me. Am 55 years. She is 45 years. Hope you give me good advice.
1) Drink lots of water to avoid dehydration.
2) Drink juice lemon, orange, sweet lime, watermelon and muskmelon are rich in water it will help you stay healthy.
Hi, my age is 25 and I am married and 1 child their is some problem from last 3-4 months I put up my Weight 15kg and my left leg always get swallowing and my lower abdomen get pains a lot in week but that pain I can't handle and take some medicine metal spa and from last 4-5 months I am not getting my menstrual cycle properly so what is the exact problem.
We are planning for baby for Last 3 years but due to fertility issues we are not able to do .My semen count is low to 8 Million motility 60%.Please advise medicine to increase my semen count so we can start my family.
My wife suffered pih (pregnancy induced hypertension) & got emergency surgery for delivery in 8th month of pregnancy. Now she is again pregnant of 6 weeks & experiencing pih, please suggest good opinions maintain normal her bp throughout her pregnancy.
Hello, I am a 31 years old female. Married since 3 years. My periods before used to be for 3 days but this month it was only for two days. I havent still concieved. M taking shatavari tablet for ovulation, is dis da reason for my shorter period days? I hav no pcod, s. I jus don ovulate. Hav got scanned n tested. Please reply. and guide me. Thank You.
Hello Dr. Am 24 year old and my husband 35 old married about 2 years not getting pregnancy my husband semen analysis report normal and mine thyroid test, complete blood test, urine test, scanning report, and yesterday hsg test taken my Dr. Told me urs all reports normal Dr. Given folic acid tablet. But why not getting pregnancy please ans me give me any advice please worried about this. please ans me.
Hi, I am trying but unable to put on my weight & also from last 4 to 5 months not having menses without tablets. Any suggestion for these issues?
Apple cider vinegar is a kitchen ingredient with a multitude of uses, from home remedy to DIY fruit fly trap. It is made from apple cider that is fermented with yeast and bacteria.
While emerging research suggests that apple cider vinegar (also known as ACV) may offer certain benefits, it’s touted as a solution for everything from pimples to a sore throat. Some remedies might help, but others can be harmful if used incorrectly.
Here are the top uses and benefits of apple cider vinegar:
1. Help Control Blood Sugar and Prevent Diabetes
Acetic acid, the main component of all types of vinegar, appears to block enzymes that help you digest starch, resulting in a smaller blood sugar response after starchy meals such as pasta or bread. A study published in the Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism in 2010, for instance, found that adding vinegar to a high-starch meal helps to decrease fluctuations in blood sugar after the meal.
Although you can add a splash of apple cider vinegar in salad dressings, marinades, vinaigrettes, and sauces, be sure to consult your doctor if you’re considering using it in larger amounts for diabetes. There haven’t been the clinical trials needed to confirm that it’s effective and you could be putting yourself at risk if you delay or avoid treatment.
If you take diabetes medication, vinegar could cause unwanted effects, like low blood sugar or potassium.
Also, you shouldn’t use apple cider vinegar if you have gastroparesis, as it can further slow gastric emptying.
2. Aid in Weight Loss
If you’re trying to lose weight, apple cider vinegar is sometimes said to help. While preliminary research suggests that vinegar may increase fat oxidation, a study found that the effect appears to be very modest (one to two pounds total weight loss in 12 weeks).
People tend to consume greater than normal amounts of apple cider vinegar when using it for weight loss, with some even taking it in tablet form. There’s a risk that pills can injure the gastrointestinal tract. According to one report, for instance, a woman had an ACV tablet lodged in her throat for 30 minutes and developed pain and tenderness in the throat area and difficulty swallowing that lasted for six months.
3. Get Rid of Dandruff
For pesky dandruff, some people find that lightly spritzing an apple cider vinegar and water solution onto the scalp (and leaving it for 15 minutes before rinsing) helps with persistent flakes, itchiness, and irritation. It’s typically used once or twice a week.
Vinegar’s acetic acid may alter the scalp’s pH, making it harder for yeast (one of the main contributors to dandruff) to grow.
Just don’t get apple cider vinegar in your eyes or ears. Use eye protection if needed, and use it in very small amounts. If you have color-treated hair, consult your color technician as it may alter your color.
4. Stop Itchy Bug Bites and Stings
If you have mosquito bites, poison ivy, or jellyfish stings, a weak apple cider vinegar solution dabbed onto bites and stings may help.
5. Freshen Hair in Between Washings
If you’re between hair washings or are active, spritzing some apple cider vinegar solution on your roots may help control the oil. Experts recommend adding five drops of apple cider vinegar to five ounces of water in a spray bottle and spritzing your roots several times, one or two times a week.
Be careful not to get it on your face, eyes, or ears. If your hair is color-treated, it’s a good idea to consult your colorist before using it.
Although apple cider vinegar is sometimes recommended as a hair rinse to remove shampoo build-up and clarify dull hair, the solution has to very dilute because it is harder to prevent it from getting in your face, eyes, and delicate skin area when washing it out at home.
6. Relieve Minor Sunburns
While the more common recommendation for a mild sunburn is a cool water compress or bath, aloe gel, or moisturizer, some people swear by apple cider vinegar. It can be added to a cool bath or mixed with cool water and lightly spritzed on affected areas (avoiding the face) to relieve pain and discomfort.
Apple cider vinegar shouldn’t be applied at full strength or in strong concentrations to the skin, as the acidity can further injure skin. It also shouldn’t be used for more serious burns, so be sure to consult your health care provider for help in determining the severity of your sunburn.
7. Clear Acne and Pimples
Apple cider vinegar may help to dry out pimples when a solution is dabbed onto pimples. It should be diluted before applying it to the face as it can cause skin injury or chemical burns if it’s not dilute enough.
Although apple cider vinegar is suggested as a skin toner, it isn’t recommended because the acetic acid concentration in ACV varies widely.
8. Soothe a Sore Throat
A time-honored throat elixir, apple cider vinegar drinks and gargles are said to alleviate the pain of a sore throat. Although there are many different recipes and protocols, a basic drink recipe calls for a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, a teaspoon of honey, and a small pinch of cayenne pepper stirred in a cup of warm water.
Although some proponents claim that apple cider vinegar has germ-fighting properties and capsaicin in hot peppers alleviates pain, there hasn’t been any research on apple cider vinegar’s ability to fight sore throats.
Some sources recommend a stronger solution or even taking apple cider vinegar by the spoonful, however the acidity may cause mouth and throat irritation or chemical burns.
While most sore throats are minor, if you have other symptoms or are concerned, you should contact your health care provider.
9. Ease Heartburn and Indigestion
Apple cider vinegar is said to ease some types of heartburn, acid reflux, and digestive conditions like constipation or diarrhea. For heartburn, apple cider vinegar is thought to work because it is acidic, and too little stomach acid is believed to cause heartburn in some people.
Still, the more widely used heartburn diet involves reducing acidic foods, so it's a good idea to speak with your health care provider before trying it.
While some sources recommend taking it by the spoonful, apple cider vinegar's acidity may result in mouth, throat, or esophageal irritation or burns. A more moderate guideline would be to have an amount you would normally eat in a meal (typically one teaspoon or less) diluted in one cup of water or taken in food.
10. Cure Hiccups
To stop hiccups, proponents suggest eating one teaspoon of sugar with several drops of apple cider vinegar added to the sugar. The sugar’s grainy texture and the vinegar’s sour taste may trigger nerves in the throat and mouth responsible for controlling the hiccup reflex.
If hiccups are a regular occurrence for you, be sure to see your doctor. You don’t want to regularly rely on added sugar in your diet to get rid of hiccups. Also, hiccups can be a sign of an underlying condition, like GERD or a hiatal hernia.
11. Get Rid of Fruit Flies
Apple cider vinegar is made from fermented apple cider, and fruit flies are attracted to the smell of ripe, fermented food. To trap fruit flies, put some apple cider vinegar in a small, shallow dish, add a drop of dish soap, and set it out on the counter near your fruit bowl, garbage can, or sink. The fruit flies will fly to the vinegar and the dish soap breaks the surface tension, trapping them.
Be sure to label the dish and keep the solution out of the reach or children or pets.
12. Stamp Out Foot Odor
To help keep smelly feet under control, try using apple cider vinegar, which proponents claim may help to balance the skin’s pH and fight the bacteria that causes foot odor. Typically, a bit of apple cider vinegar is mixed into water. Baby wipes, cotton balls or pads, small towels, or cotton rags can be dipped into the solution, wrung out, and used to wipe the bottom of the feet. Wipes can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container.
Although a vinegar scent will be noticeable, it should dissipate when the vinegar solution is dried. Avoid wearing shoes made from materials that could be damaged by the acidity (like leather).
13. Swap Out Your Deodorant
An apple cider vinegar solution may help to neutralize odor-causing armpit bacteria. Typically, cotton pads, towelettes, or cotton rags are lightly spritzed with a very weak solution and swiped in the armpits. Any vinegar smell should dissipate as it dries.
It's a good idea to test it in a smaller area first and to avoid using it if you're wearing delicate fibers, like silk.
14. Clean Countertops and Other Home Surfaces
Although an apple cider vinegar solution is sometimes suggested for cleaning kitchen and bathroom countertops, mirrors, windows, toilets, and showers, white distilled vinegar is the more popular choice and is less expensive.
If you’re using any type of vinegar solution at home, don’t mix it with commercial cleaners as it can produce harmful chemicals when combined. Also, vinegar shouldn’t be used on certain surfaces, like marble, wood, or some types of grout. If you’re not sure of whether it’s safe to use, consult the manufacturer (or avoid using it altogether).
Types of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is available filtered or unfiltered. Filtered apple cider is a clear light brown color. Unfiltered and unpasteurized ACV (such as Bragg's apple cider vinegar) has a dark, cloudy sediment at the bottom of the bottle. Known as "mother of vinegar" or simply "the mother," this sediment consists mainly of acetic acid bacteria.
Apple cider vinegar is also available in tablet form. A 2005 study, however, compared eight brands of apple cider vinegar supplements and found that the ingredients didn't correspond to the ingredients listed on the label. What's more, chemical analysis of the samples led researchers to question whether any of the products were actually apple cider vinegar or simply acetic acid.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Although most suggested uses involve diluting apple cider vinegar before applying it to body, the safety of different vinegar-to-water ratios isn't known. A 1:10 ratio has been suggested when applying it directly to skin, however, it should be weaker (or avoided entirely) on weak or delicate skin.
Although a teaspoon to a tablespoon mixed into 8 ounces of water is often suggested as a reasonable amount for internal use, the safety of various doses isn’t known.
You can try to use it highly diluted, but the amount of acetic acid in commercial apple cider vinegar varies (unlike white vinegar, which is 5 percent acetic acid) making it impossible to be sure of the true strength.
Side Effects and Safety
- Apple cider vinegar is a popular household ingredient, which may lead you to believe that it's completely safe. While there may be no cause for alarm if you are generally healthy, there are some potential effects to be aware of, particularly if the concentration is too strong or is in contact with your body for too long.
- Apple cider vinegar, for instance, may cause chemical burns. There have been case reports of chemical burns after apple cider vinegar was used for warts and a skin condition known as molluscum contagiosum.
- Although apple cider vinegar is widely touted as a home remedy to whiten teeth or freshen breath, exposing your teeth to the acidity may erode tooth enamel and lead to cavities.
- When taken internally, ACV may result in decreased potassium levels, hypoglycemia, throat irritation, and allergic reactions. It is an acid (a pH less than 7 is an acid, and many apple cider vinegars have a pH of 2 to 3) and can cause burns and injury to the digestive tract (including the throat, esophagus, and stomach), especially when taken undiluted or in large amounts.
- A case report linked excessive apple cider vinegar consumption with low blood potassium levels (hypokalemia) and low bone mineral density.
- Apple cider vinegar may interact with certain medications, including laxatives, diuretics, blood thinners, and heart disease and diabetes medications.
- If you’re considering using apple cider vinegar for any health purpose, be sure to speak with your healthcare provider to see if it’s right for you, rather than self-treating and avoiding or delaying standard treatment. People with certain conditions (such as ulcers, hiatal hernia, Barrett’s esophagus, or low potassium) may need to avoid apple cider vinegar entirely.
- Apple cider vinegar shouldn’t be used as a nasal spray, sinus wash, or in a neti pot, and it shouldn’t be added to eye drops. Vinegar won't help in the treatment of lice.
A Word From Verywell
- A splash of apple cider vinegar can brighten many dishes (not just salads) and add wonderful flavor to your cooking.
- There are many anecdotal uses and some preliminary evidence suggesting that it may help certain conditions. While you might find that you benefit from its properties, large-scale clinical trials are needed before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- If you’re still considering trying it, be sure to speak with your health care provider first and remember to only use it in small, highly diluted amounts.
Hi. My wife is not getting periods since last 10 months after she got a surgery on her first delivery and came close various times with protection also she did pregnancy tests various times but it was always negative. Is there any problem with her. What can she do.
Kissing your loved one not only feels great but also is phenomenally great for your overall health and wellbeing. Did you know that deep kissing can boost your immunity, reduce your blood pressure and can help in maintaining your physique? Kissing has some surprising health benefits you would not have known. Read on to find how kissing ensures a healthier lifestyle for you.
1. Burns calories
Kissing is known to increase your metabolism rate up to 2 times more than usual, thus helping you to burn more calories. In fact, studies suggest that kissing your partner for more than 1 minute can help you burn almost 25 calories.
2. Lowers stress
Kissing can be a great stress buster as it is known to reduce levels of cortisol, ‘the stress hormone,’ in your body. Kissing also helps in boosting your immune system and as a result aids in overcoming post-work exhaustion to a great extent.
3. Ensures more sexual pleasure
Kissing has positive effects on your heart as well as self-esteem, and it is also usually the first step towards sexual intercourse. Kissing also plays a vital role in foreplay, and hence makes sex a more pleasurable and enjoyable experience.
4. Strengthens the bond of love
Research shows that couples who kiss more often and whose kisses last longer may have a better relationship. Kissing helps in increasing the connection between two individuals and ensures the partners of each other’s feelings of commitment and compassion, which consequently helps in building a stronger and long lasting bond.
5. Makes you happy
Endorphins are known to be the hormones responsible for happiness. Locking lips initiates the release of endorphins, which make you feel happy. Studies suggest that kissing helps to curb depression better than psychologist treatments or anti-depressants.
6. Reduces pain
Engaging in a heated kissing session triggers your body to release adrenaline, which is known to reduce pain.
7. Gives you healthier teeth
An intense passionate kiss results in more saliva secretion in your mouth. Researchers are of the opinion that this helps in washing away plaque from your teeth, resulting in less cavities, and whiter and healthier teeth.
8. Tightens your facial skin
A kiss requires the use of almost 30 muscles of your face together. This ensures a workout of your facial muscles and keeps them strong for a long time, leaving you both with a younger look and feel.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'