Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. W.R.Pathanjali Rao
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. W.R.Pathanjali RaoYour feedback matters!
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones.
Sir, My 4months old kid does pass stool once in 3 days that too not properly and also he is passing terrible smelly farts. Can I give him evict syrup please suggest what to do.
My son is 1 year old and having cough since 15 days, during cough he is vomiting milk. He is also suffering from fever since 15 days. Lots of medicine Dr. has changed but no relief. Kindly suggest.
I'm getting married soon. I'm 33 years old. So I fear about the risk of Down's syndrome. I read that taking folic acid early would reduce the risk. I want to know if that is true and the dosage of folic acid to be taken.
Hello. My son is 6 years old. He pass urine during sleep no matter whether he sleep during daytime or night time. Kindly suggest some solution.
Hello doctor. My son reached his first birthday yesterday. Before Two days of his birthday he just kept two steps on his own and then sat. After that he din walk. He is only crawling. Actually my son was born in eight months with 2.5 kg without any problem. Normal delivery. He was normal. But his legs was shivering till six months. My pediatrician told that he ll be alright when he is six months and as he said shivering stopped. His other activities were normal like other babies. Before one month when I went to hospital to say that he din walk yet. Doctor said his knees are little weak. Nothing to worry and he ll walk in by fourteen months. But before his birthday itself he kept two steps for two days. After that he is not walking. Only crawling. What's the reason? When he ll was walk?
My baby is suffering with constipation please advise me what is the best solution for it. Her age is 20 months. We have consulted doctor's many times but no use.
Sir hm logo ko 1 baby hui h 5 /6/16ko. But meri wife ne Av tk use breastfeeding nai karaya h. Qki baby nursery me h. Meri wife k dono boobs Bahut hi hard ho gaye h. To kya ye breastfeeding na karane ki vajah se h. Aur agar Aisa h to kya mai uska breastfeeding kar sakta Hu. Isse Mujhe ya use koi problem you nai hogi. Please help us.
My 7 month baby boy last 3-4 days, every night crying so much and also having some cough, what can I do for him?
Sir/mam, what in homeopathy can I give to my son as nutritional supplements on daily or weekly basis to develop my child s healthy both physically and mentally.
My nephew is 4 months old and water is coming out from his eyes 3 to 4 times a day without any reason. In this case what should we do?
-does not responds to sound by making sounds, or by looking at the speaker.
- isn't using gestures, such as bye-bye & does not stops activity in response to'no.
- does not point to five body parts and has trouble imitating tow word sentences
- does not follow a serious two simple but related commands.
- about three quaters of the child's speech at 3 years and by 4 years old, a child should mostly be understood even by people who don't know the child.
If your answer is" yes, consult a speech language pathologist
Hello Sir, I'm 27 years old I have a baby she could be 1/2 years and she is suffering from loose motions and her health is always becoming bad. please give me good medicines and treatment.
Whooping cough, also known as pertussis, is a highly communicable respiratory disease, which particularly affects babies younger than 6 months and who haven't been vaccinated yet. It can also affect children of 11 to 18 years of age who suffer from low immunity.
Vaccination has significantly decreased the incidence in infant age group, though there is rise seen in incidence in older age groups, hence small pertussis component is getting added in booster doses in older ages.
If the diagnosis of a whooping cough is done at an early stage, antibiotics of suitable dosage could help cut down coughing and few other symptoms. Doing so will also help prevent the infection from spreading to others.
What causes a whooping cough?
1. Bordetella pertussis bacteria
A whooping cough, characterised by a 'whooping sound', is caused by a bacterial infection called bordetella pertussis. The bacteria when inhaled get attached to the lining of the airways in your child's upper respiratory system, wherein they release toxins to cause swelling and inflammation. It's mostly transmitted to you from your infant, especially when he/she is in the early stages of the infection and hasn't been diagnosed yet. It can last about three weeks, this duration is reducible to five days, by antibiotic treatment.
2. Transmission from an infected person
When anyone infected with the disease sneezes or coughs, the droplets in the surrounding become infected. Young children who come in contact with the contaminated surrounding may get infected by the same bacteria.
How to recognise the signs of whooping cough?
The symptoms tend to worsen gradually and become worse at night, there are bouts of a cough as the airway gets irritated by the bacterial toxin leading to swelling and inflammation and mucus production with airway spasm.
You know that your child has this condition if he/she displays the following symptoms:
Moreover, children under 18 months of age affected with whooping cough should be watched at carefully as persistent coughing can disrupt their breathing process. It has multiple complications and can cause severe pneumonia itself. Can be effectively treated by macrolide group of antibiotics.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!