Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Submit a review for Dr. Vishwanath GellaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the at least 3 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
Mam/Sir ; I and my brother have problem of continuous snoozing (cheek) specially when having cough and cold and sometimes even generally what's the problem and how to cure? Thanks.
I am suffering from sinusitis and migraine problems so many medicines I used for that but still I am suffering from that what precautions I would take to get good result.
Recently my medi claim for T B was rejected with the reason that I was having old CVA. Is it possible that I can get TB due to old CVA? With regards srichand talreja.
Hello, I have sinus infection. It is maxillary sinusitis. What should I do to cure it by using home remedies.
Whenever I start cleaning my house that day night I feel lot of difficulty in breathing. I'm not able to sleep and I feel my lungs are blocked. I consulted a doctor locally. He said it would be mild asthma and he has given asthalin inhaler for use whenever I feel that congestion. Is it asthma? Is there any permanent cure? How to keep myself fit? Please advise.
I am suffering cough from long time. Doctor said my cough not from chest it's allergy in neck. Its still take time when cough start. Any suggestions?
Sir, I have the sinus problems in my nose from 6 years and at present I am 17. So and I feel headache too due to this so how can I cure it ?
Sir/madam I have cough and have itching in throat sol please prescribe me best medicine or ang antibiotics.
My dad is suffering from dry cough all the test are done all are negative but still couldn't got control over cough please help us.
I'm suffering from sinus from 2 years I've ask doctors and take many medicines but it is leaking nose everyday what should I do.
I am 26 years old, suffering from allergic bronchitis for 2 years. As I have cold, there occurs extreme dry cough. Cold will covered in 4-5 days but cough remains there for a long period. Please help me out, for permanent cure.
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.