Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VishnuYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old. I have dark area around my mouth. Please tell me some way to get rid of it. I have tried everything but doesn't get any result.
Due to not eating food at time or skipping the food, my lips are dry. Also sometimes it white allergy inside the mouth, pls help me.
Hey my mother have got mouth infection. Redness n small pimple on tongue. Since 3 months. please help me.
Hello doctor, can you suggest me which is the best tooth paste can be used to avoid all types of teeth diseases. Thanks.
I have tooth pain.I have already taken root canal treatment. Could you pl.Suggest antibiotic tablet for the same.
Hi, My kid is 2.5 years old and suffering from mouth ulcer from 2 days. He didn't eat anything, from 2 days. Just feeding liquid juice, What should I do? Kindly suggest medicine or cream for immediate effect. Thanks in advance Doctor!
Hi doctor, I am having gaps in between my upper teeth. Please advice whether can I go for dental treatment regarding this. And my doubts was I crossed 26 years, is it possible to cure at this age?
I am 62 yrs old and a diabetic & heart patient, I just want to know from a dentist that can a gap between two front upper teeth be filled, as now when I speak sp. C or s it comes with a hissing sound, please advise and approx cost. Regards.
I went for root canal treatment for one of my tooth. The Dentist started the treatment and while the treatment was going on my tooth. I asked the Dentist to see my other tooth. But the Dentist is not ready to see at all. We can see that later when you get pain. I don't know if the Dentist is really caring the patient at all. He tooth rct costs nearly 7-8 thousands. So he is just concentrating the money more than my tooth. How can deny my other tooth problem and say we can see later? Is this professional behaviour of Dentist? Are they really caring patient or money?
I have cavity in my 2 teeth I consulted doctor he suggested me for permanent filling is it ok? N how much it effective n how long?
I am here mumbai at last 10month. My teeth colour changed black after coming here. I cleaned my teeth two times in past 10months. What is the reason for these.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.