Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. VinodYour feedback matters!
I have a severe pain in the metastratal area of my left foot, while walking. Earlier I was a long distance runner because of the pain I had to stop running Could a possible course of remedy be suggested so that I can resume walking and if possible running. Thank you.
I am a 22 year old student and due to rock climbing, I had wrist tendonitis. It has been on for over 2 months. Been taking naproxen but no difference.
I feel pain when I move or stretch my hand and leg it seems to me muscular pain or somewhat else but not joint pain.
My left arm and shoulder gets swollen every now and then, I apply Capcin ointment regularly but the pain doesn't go, what should I do?
I am suffering from back pain for last two year. I consult with many doctors but there was no improvement. Please suggest me proper treatment.
I am 25 years old male, I have back pain and many acne on the back. Some acne is from inside the body which hurts a lot. How can I get rid of this? I have tried Benzoyl peroxide. But it works for a short time and acne comes again when I stop using the same. Is this a serious disease?
Reason for frequent leg swelling and pain for a sugar patient. What necessary steps must be taken to avoid pain and swelling?
I am 17 years old. I have a slight pain in my back during sleeping at night. Used various remedies, nothing worked. What to do? Please help.
Sir I have waist pain while walking for more than 10 minutes the pain increases with numbness at right side of waist. Remedy please.
She is now 75 years old she is not any pains in her bones or in muscles but her walk getting slow day by day why this is happening if we take any precautions when we get old like her we can avoid this?
Hi, My name is Amit and I am 22 years old and used to box (boxer). I used to suffer alot from shoulder dislocations. Later on, I came to know that it was Bankart lesion and Hill such Lesion due to which I used to suffer from my shoulder dislocation. My doctor suggested me to undergo surgery and he added some implants in my shoulder to fix it, that's what he said to me. I had my surgery in february. So, Can I go to gym and lift heavy weights? Can I continue wid my boxing? What's your advice to me on this? Kindly Reply. Thank You.
I am suffering from tears in my shoulder muscle (at joint) and having severe pain, particularly when exposed to cool condition like sleeping in a. C. Room, travelling in a. C. Car, etc. Please help
Sciatica is a very common neuropathic pain that is caused by damage to the sciatic nerve, a large nerve that runs from the lower back region down the end of each leg. It is the largest single nerve in the body.
This condition affects around 4 out of 10 people at some point of their lives. The nature of the pain varies from a mild ache to a sharp stinging sensation and may cause feelings of numbness and extreme weakness.
Causes of Sciatica
The causes for the onset of Sciatica are numerous. Some of them are as follows:
- Slipped lumbar disc
- Muscle inflammation
- Internal bleeding
- Awkward sleeping position
- Uncomfortable footwear
- Spinal injury
How can physical therapy help?
There are many ways of treating Sciatica, such as medication, acupuncture and surgery, which can provide relief. The most common and easy treatment method however is physical therapy. A progressive and controlled exercise routine that is specifically tailored to the nature of the condition in consultation with a physical therapist acts as an effective remedy in treating the problem. It alleviates pain and also eliminates the chances of relapse.
Physical therapy exercises used to treat Sciatica are of many types. They are a combination of core strengthening, muscular stretching and aerobic conditioning routines, which aim at correcting the root of the problem.
The different types of exercises employed to treat Sciatica include the following:
- Strengthening exercises: These aim at strengthening the spinal column and the pelvic region, which includes the hips and buttocks. They help in making the muscles and ligaments in this region more robust and allow for improved flexibility and support.Lunges and squats are some of the examples.
- Stretching exercises: These provide pain relief through improved agility and flexibility. The most important aspect of these routines is stretching and exercising the hamstring. Hamstring, stretches, calf stretches and tricep stretches are a part of stretching exercises.
- Aerobic conditioning: These are cardiovascular exercises of low intensity, which provide pain relief through the release of endorphins and the facilitation of fluid and nutrient exchange. Examples of these are swimming and brisk walking.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I feeling pain in my left hand for 2 days in two or three months. The pain is unbearable. Do you know why its paining and what should I do for this?
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone: The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.