Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VinodYour feedback matters!
My penis is curved downwards is there any way to Make it straight will it be cause of infertility. Please guide me.
Mc aane ke baad kitna din baad sex kar sakta hai 29 mc gaya hai fir kya abhi sex kar sakta hai Aur kabhi sex kiya aur pani andar gir gaya toh kya bacha tik jayega.
I am getting very high stress level and my heart rate is also 100 bpm. I am feeling pain above my eyes and also feeling to vomit please guide what should be the problem according to symptoms. Also feeling pain in left side of chest.
I am suffering from coughing from past few weeks. I have consulted many doctors but after stop taking medicine it comes again. What should I do?
Hi doc, I am 18 years old I get blackout situation after which for whole day I get headache can you tell me is this is serious or not.
I have a piles internal external both and fissure also some day ago I applied black pepper on this after a lot of pain in internally I am now like something burnt inside Please help.
What are the main reasons for lack of headache frequently? what safety measures should be taken to get rid of it?
My age is 22 years and my weight is 84 kilograms. I am too bulky. I am suffering from fever randomly What should I do? What do you reckon to me?
A stuffed up nose and pressure on our cheekbones can often mean you have acute sinusitis. Acute sinusitis, also called acute rhinosinusitis, is a short-term infection or inflammation of the membranes that line your sinuses. It prevents mucus from draining from your nose.
What Causes Acute Sinusitis?
Illnesses and conditions that can cause acute sinusitis include:
- bacterial upper respiratory tract infections
- fungal sinus infections
- allergies that cause mucus production in the sinuses
- lack of cilia motility, caused by disease (cilia are the small hairs located in your sinuses that move to push mucus out of your sinuses)
- nasal polyps or tumors
- deviated nasal septum
- enlarged or infected adenoids
- infected tooth (in rare cases bacteria can spread from the infected tooth to the sinuses)
- cystic fibrosis (a disease that causes thick, sticky mucus to build up in the body)
Symptoms of acute sinusitis include:
- nasal congestion
- thick, yellow, or green mucus discharge from the nose
- sore throat
- a cough (usually worse at night)
- drainage of mucus in the back of your throat
- pain, pressure, or tenderness behind your eyes, nose, cheeks, or forehead
- bad breath
- reduced sense of smell
- reduced sense of taste
However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis,medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.