Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vindhya TYour feedback matters!
5 Shocking things contraceptive pills can do to you
Around 150 million women worldwide take birth control pills on a regular basis. However, most of them are unaware of the side-effects these pills can have on their health. Read on to find out how your birth control pill is harming you!
1. It may cause inconsistency in your menstrual cycle
You might miss your periods under the prescription of these pills. They can also decrease the flow during your periods and can cause alterations in your menstrual cycle, resulting in either more or less frequent periods.
2. It may also trigger false premenstrual syndrome symptoms
When you first start taking birth control pills you may suffer PMS symptoms like headaches, breast tenderness, water retention, mood swings, intolerable pain and even nausea. Usually these are false alarms, and have nothing to do with PMS whatsoever.
3. It may decrease your libido
The hormones present in a contraceptive pill can affect your sex drive or libido. A 2010 study, published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, tested 1,086 women who took contraceptives regularly and found out that 32.4% of them were at high risk of developing female sexual dysfunction.
4. It may lead to multiple aches and pains
Birth control pills may result in various aches like abdominal or stomach pains, chest pains, and headaches. It can even cause eye problems such as blurred vision or changes in power and swelling in your legs.
5. It may increase the risk of breast cancer
Although the pill has been proven to decrease the risk of ovarian, colon and endometrial cancer; it can increase your chances of suffering from breast cancer. A Scandinavian study showed that the longer women were on the pill, the higher their chances became of being diagnosed with this deadly disease. However, the relation between the two is yet to be established.
To avert such possible health risks of oral contraception you can consider birth control alternatives like male or female condoms, vaginal diaphragm, cervical cap and spermicidal cream or jelly. These alternatives are highly effective as well as safe in controlling and preventing unplanned pregnancies.
Last month on 13th april I had protected sex wid my gf nd her periods also started on 13 april means during periods I had sex. But today is 13 may nd my gf have no periods till now.
My wife sexual desire decreases after my first child birth. My first child birth happen on 19/09/2015.
Whether it is winter temperatures dipping, a lower temperature caused due to rains or chills created by air conditioning, the moment our body experiences lower temperatures than it is comfortable with, various forms of aches crop up, esp. if you already have a condition or have been physically hurt.
Winters are typically associated with several types of body pains. Particularly, we’ve seen higher incidences of nerve – related pain, joint pains and vascular pains during the season.
Manage your pains by following these 6 tips:
1. Keep yourself warm
Needless to say, it’s extremely important to keep yourself warm when its gets uncomfortably cold. Clinical research has shown higher incidence of nerve – related, vascular pain and joint pains if your body is exposed to low temperatures for long periods. This is especially true if you are 60+ in age. So, dress appropriately with body warmers, sweaters and jackets
2. Keep yourself physically active
A colder weather reduces average activity levels. An average person walks up to 1,000 lesser steps when its cold. To avoid pain in knees and other joints, it’s especially important to keep up activity levels. Try and take out time for walking in the afternoons or evenings, even if it is inside your house or office.
3. Take care of your diet
It is important to ensure that your intake of Vitamin D, Calcium and Vitamin B complex is adequate. Make sure that your diet remains rich in dal, green leafy vegetables (Vitamin B complex), milk (Calcium) and cheese and egg yolk (Vitamin D).
4. Get enough exposure to sunlight
Lesser exposure to the sun causes Vitamin D deficiency during winters, which can result in fatigue, lethargy and general body pains. Make sure to get at least 15-20 minutes of sunlight exposure, ideally in the mornings around 9am to 10am.
5. Avoid the wrong foods
Actively manage your diseases like diabetes and hypertension to stay pain free. If you suffer from diabetes, make sure that you do not overeat foods with high glycemic index. If you suffer from hypertension, it is important to keep away from spicy and oily foods.
6. Get expert advice
Visit your pain specialist if your pains continue for more than 2 weeks. Be regular with your prescribed pain medications, but strictly avoid self-medication or overuse of painkillers.
My fertile dates for month of march is 12 to 15 march.At what time i should do intercourse to conceive a girl child
- Boils: Make ashes from dry leaves of Neem and mix it with Neem oil. Use this preparation externally on Boils. And Also take juice of neem leaves regularly.
- Gas : take shivakshar pachan churna 2 to 4 grams twice a day after meal.
- Fullness of Stomach: Fry Garlic with Til Oil and give to eat in 5 to 10 pieces. Light massage with castor oil over the belly and get steam after massage.
- Skin diseases: In each type of Skin disease have to take bath with a water made with Neem leaves and take Manjisthadi Decoction in prescribed quantity.
Vaginal bleeding since 6 months. Bleeding medium to heavy. Initially there were no cramps, doctor suggested texid tablet, and then primolut N, but after completing the course for both, bleeding still has not stopped, and has intensified instead, with heavy cramping. Stomach aches too much. Kindly help. I have finished the 21 day dose of primolut 2 days back and since then, the bleeding had intensified a lot along with constant stomach cramps.
She is suffering from right breast cancer 3 stage. She has completed chemo 6cycle then surgery. Also facing little bone cancer. Now she will refer for radiation therapy. please help. In guiding us for precautions for her nd family members. Thanx.
I had hsg, My right fallopian tube is blocked in hsg .but left too not active. Then doc said laparoscopy. What to do.
Health benefits of vegetables
1.Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce the risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
2.Eating a diet rich in some vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may protect against certain types of cancers.
3.Diets rich in foods containing fiber, such as some vegetables and fruits, may reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
4.Eating vegetables and fruits rich in potassium as part of an overall healthy diet may lower blood pressure, and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
5.Eating foods such as vegetables that are lower in calories per cup instead of some other higher-calorie food may be useful in helping to lower calorie intake.
प्र. वमन क्या है?
उ. शरीर में इकट्ठे हुए दोषों को पहले स्नेहन और स्वेदन से कोष्ठ में लाकर, उल्टी के द्वारा बाहर निकालने की प्रक्रिया को वमन कहते हैं.
प्र. वमन के क्या फायदे हैं?
उ. वमन करने से शरीर में जमा हुआ कफ निकलने से एलर्जी, अस्थमा, नज़ला-जुकाम, पुरानी खाँसी, माइग्रेन, एसिडिटी, भूख ना लगना, थायरॉइड, भारीपन, डाइयबिटीस, कोलेस्टरॉल, त्वचा के रोग, गठिया, डिप्रेशन, सुस्ती जैसी बीमारियों में बहुत लाभ मिलता है. यदि किसी को यह रोग नही है, तो कफ निकल जाने से, इन रोगों की होने की संभावना भी नही रहती.
प्र. वमन कब करवाना चाहिए?
उ. रोग की अवस्था के अनुसार तो वमन कभी भी करवाया जा सकता है. लेकिन स्वास्थ्य की दृष्टि से वसंत ऋतु में वमन करना बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है. वसंत ऋतु में प्राकृतिक रूप से कफ बढ़ता है. ऐसे में यदि पहले की कफ का शोधन कर लिया जाए, तो रोग नही होते.
प्र. क्या वमन केवल रोगी के लिए ही है?
उ. नही, ऐसा बिल्कुल नही है. यदि स्वस्थ व्यक्ति वमन करवाता है, तो उसे कफ जनित रोग नही होते. इसलिए रोगी से भी ज़्यादा स्वस्थ व्यक्ति को इसकी ज़रूरत है.
Actually I'm having PCOD problem, from long ago I started using homeopathy medicine now my periods r regular. I involved in sex with my hubby and I took ipill. I missed my period date (28th is my date) from last 2 days onwards I'm eating papaya to get the periods but no use. Actually I'm having occasion on 4th please tel me the remedies to get the period with in this 2 days itself. Plz suggest me.
Doctor I have pcos. My weight is also high. And I have darker skins in neck elbows and chins. Is this due to pcos. If is it so. please suggest me some home remedies to light my skin.
I had sex last night unprotected sex too. And she is taking period delaying med. Is there is any chance of conceive.
After the advent of the internet, the availability of pornography or explicit video material has become widespread. The availability of this material resulted in a large section of the population relying on it for sexual pleasures as well as living their fantasies through the digital realm.
Internet porn is the new drug
The easy availability and the dependence on internet porn to get a quick fix of dopamine through sexual pleasure have resulted in patterns of addiction among many people. Porn addiction is a phenomenon which has been exacerbated by the easy availability of pornography on the internet. It has not only affected sexual habits such as masturbation, but has also caused hindrances in the daily lives of people and has become a mental disorder as well.
A brain on porn is similar to a brain on alcohol
While it may seem a bit far-fetched, studies of brain scans have shown that people watching porn experience the same effects or pleasure that alcohol gives them. It is a neural circuit which releases pleasure hormones when you sexually pleasure yourself by masturbating to porn. The reward circuit of the brain recognizes this pattern and starts creating please pathways where you want more of it. As you keep doing it more and more, the resistance level increases and you tend to need more. This is a classic sign of addiction.
Healthy and unhealthy masturbation
Masturbation is a natural and normal process that every human indulges in. However a brain addicted to porn will use it as an addict uses a substance. Masturbation is the physical act through which the dopamine would be released. Once it has become an addiction, you would either want to have the daily fix for at least a few hours which you would ensure to take out of your daily routine. This time could have been invested in other fruitful activities when it ends up going to the addiction. In some cases, studies have shown that many would rather do it a few times a week but would spend extended hours masturbating to porn.
Effects of excess masturbation
Some of effects of the porn addiction and excessive masturbation could be
Erectile dysfunction when you are with a partner and in a real life scenario due to dependence on particular porn fantasies
Inability to have or form intimate relationships which are not just sexual but emotional and mental as well
Lethargy to go to work or school due to addiction related problems
Breakdown in relationships, even with family members and friends among many others
It is thus, imperative that you seek sexologist help to slow down the habit and break the cycle of addiction and ensure that you are able to lead a normal life without disruptions so as to allow yourself to be able to form normal sexual relationships.
I am unmarried. I missed my periods on june, july an august and again october and november. Is it related to my fats?
The key to good bone health are calcium and vitamin D, both of which are stored in the bones. Along with strengthening of bones, calcium has been recently shown to play a major role in weight loss as well. Calcium is one of the essential minerals that are required for several important life processes. The deficiency of calcium can cause complications such as brittle and fragile bones that are more susceptible to fractures and diseases. Hence it is essential to consume a certain amount of food that is rich in calcium everyday for good health. Adults need about 1,000 milligrams a day—that's a little more than three 8-ounce glasses of milk—but what if you're vegan, lactose intolerant, or just don't like the taste of dairy products?
Here's a little-known fact: there are lots of non-dairy foods with calcium. Here are 10 of them:
- Broccoli (Calcium content: 47 milligrams in 100 gms) - Believe it or not, in addition to calcium this cruciferous veggie contains nearly twice the vitamin C of an orange. Research also shows that diets high in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli may be linked to a lower risk of certain types of cancer, including colon and bladder cancer.
- Kale (Calcium content: 150 milligrams in 100 gms) - This superfood has it all: it racks up just 30 calories per serving, provides a day's worth of vitamin C, and twice the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, not to mention that 101 milligrams of calcium per serving. It also provides a hefty dose of vitamin K, a nutrient that helps your blood clot. Without it, you wouldn't stop bleeding when you cut or bruise yourself.
- Figs (Calcium content: 26 milligrams in 100 gms) - Bite into a dried fig, and you'll think you're indulging in a super-sweet and sticky dessert, when in fact you're chowing down on a fiber- and potassium-packed fruit. Figs also supply you with magnesium, a nutrient the body uses in more than 300 biomechanical reactions, such as maintaining muscle function, keeping your heart rhythm steady, and strengthening your bones.
- Oranges (Calcium content: 40 milligrams in 100 gms) - You know oranges for their immune-boosting vitamin C content, but they're also low in calories and brimming with antioxidants.
- Beans (Calcium content: 442 milligrams in 100 gms) - These meaty little guys are rich in fiber, protein, and iron, and they're also one of the best nutritional sources of potassium. Additionally, they contain resistant starch, a healthy carb that boosts metabolism.
- Okra (Calcium content: 82 milligrams in 100 gms) - Okra contains constipation-fighting insoluble fiber, as well as vitamin B6 and folate. And don't write off this veggie if you've only ever had a boiled, slimy version; oven-roasting, sautéing, or grilling bring out the best flavor.
- Tofu (Calcium content: 350 milligrams in 100 gms) - You know tofu as a vegetarian source of protein. Turns out it's also a great source of calcium. Tofu is incredibly versatile—it takes on the flavor of whatever else you're cooking with it.
- Almonds (Calcium content: 264 milligrams in 100 gms) - Almonds, which are among the best nuts for your health, contain about 12% of your necessary daily protein, and are rich in vitamin E and potassium. And although they are fattening, it's the good kind of fat that helps lower your bad cholesterol levels as long as you enjoy them in moderation.
- Drumsticks (Calcium content: 185 milligrams in 100 gms) - The green vegetable features large quantities of iron, Vitamins as well as calcium. Drumsticks are recognized to offer healthy and strong bones and are also believed to purify the blood. Drumstick leaves particularly are said to be the blood purifier. For better outcomes have smashed drumstick leaves along with milk.
- Cluster Beans (Calcium content: 130 milligrams in 100 gms) - Cluster beans contain calcium, a mineral, which helps in strengthening the bones and thus, prevent bone loss. The presence of phosphorus in this vegetable aids in fortifying the bones and enhances your bone health.