Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikrant V
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Vikrant VYour feedback matters!
Here are few myths and common queries that our patients ask us regarding mouthwashes:
1. All mouthwashes are equal:
Mouthwashes can be classified as cosmetic and therapeutic. Rinsing with cosmetic mouthwash will loosen bits of food from your teeth, lessen bacteria in mouth, temporarily reduce bad breath and leave a refreshing taste in your mouth. These products can't make a greater claim than that. Therapeutic mouthwashes contains active ingredients like chlorhexidine, fluorides, cetylperidinium etc, which have proven active against fighting plaque and bacteria (s) in mouth for longer duration.
2. Mouthwash is harmless:
Many mouthwashes contains high amount of alcohol which may cause dry mouth and ironically in turn causing bad breath. Alcohol free mouthwashes are also available. Active ingredients like chlorhexidine causes temproary altered taste in mouth and is not recommended to be used for longer duration.
3. Mouthwash cures bad breath:
Mouthwashes temporarily curtains bad breath. Causes of bad breath are variable and should be accessed before unjustified use of mouthwashes.
4. Mouthwash can replace brushing:
Mouthwash acts as an add-on, not replacement for brushing and flossing. Use of mouthwash in conjunction with brushing and flossing will improve overall personal oral hygiene.
5. A little swish will do:
Generally we swish mouthwash in a few seconds because of its bitter taste or lack of knowledge. Mouthwash should be diluted as per the instructions given by the manufacturer and should be swished vigorously for 30 seconds.
Hi I want to know about skin related issues and teeth related issues. From my mouth a type smell come out so how can I will able to remove for long life.
I’m allergic to penicillin I have a tooth ache, was taking Cipro for the past five days only medication I have left is amoxicillin but I’m allergic to penicillin is it okay to take amoxicillin.
Filling of my front bottom teeth was loose. Now it has been detached. And there is is this dark brown deposit. What does it means.
Doctor told me to remove wisdom tooth by surgical extraction. I have a bad breath problem. Is the bad breath is due to half evolved wisdom tooth. Does tooth decay causes bad breath?
Hello. Sir/Mam. I am 20 years old and my teeths are not in proper shape. Two of them are coming outwards and rest of the side ones are ridiculous in shape. I want a perfect smile. Please tell me the solution for my problem.
A few years unexpectedly in an accident, One of my tooth came little forward and another one moved back. Can I use braces and how much it costs for me?
If you are advised to wear braces, it could be due to crooked / improperly positioned teeth which are not cosmetically pleasing or are not very efficiently chewing the food. Today, there is a big variety of braces available to correct the problems. Although all braces serve a similar purpose, but not all braces are suitable for everyone. Here, I am trying to explain some of the types of braces available, which will help you in a better understanding of braces.
- Metal braces: These braces are placed in the outer side of the teeth . A wire is then placed in the brackets which helps in realigning your teeth. This wire needs to be replaced from time to time with other wires usually the wires are replaced in 4 to 6 weeks. This type of braces are the most are the most affordable of the lot and thereby the most common choice.
- Ceramic braces: These types of braces are very similar to the metal braces in terms of functionality. The advantage of ceramic braces is that they resemble the colour of the teeth and are less noticeable. These braces are costlier than their metal counterpart and take a longer time to mount. One common complaint about these braces is that they become yellowish over time. It is therefore very important to clean your teeth properly on a daily basis.
- Lingual braces: Lingual braces mounted at the back of the teeth. As a result, these braces are hardly visible. They are typically recommended to those whose teeth are not very crooked and the amount of teeth straightening required is very less. These braces are ideal for those patients who require an orthodontic device for a long time. They require very good oral hygiene and are also expensive when compared to other braces.
- Damon braces / Self-ligating braces: Damon braces can be mounted on any patient who is fit to get for regular braces. These braces do not require any extra attachment for holding the wire in place. The wire can straight away pass through the brackets making the treatment time shorter by a good six months or so. The healing process tends to be faster with these braces and is one of the easier ones to mount onto the teeth.
They are costing almost close to the cost of the lingual braces. These details are to give you a broad overview of the types of fixed braces available. Your orthodontist will be able to discuss the pros and cons of each after analysing the changes needed and desired. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!