Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram GrandhiYour feedback matters!
Diagnose root cause of your pain at an early stage because improperly diagnose & treated pain can create lot of problems in future.
Hi team, I am facing the problem of bad breath. I brush teeth three times a day but still I can feel that I am not smelling good.
On my left side wisdom teeth is coming. I am getting pain on my left side of jaw and head. What should I do for treating pain.
I smell bad from my mouth is there any problem when my mouth smell it get dry and odur bad please doc is there any problem consult me any medicine plz.
I am 29 years old having teeth pain while eating and drinking cool water, some times it even swells near the left cheek. so, please suggest me what to do.
I am 21 year old male, and I have ulcer often since last two years, I can't eat all kind of food, while I took medicines for that it will be okay, but after sometime it continues so for that what can I do?
I have a mouth opening problem due to long use of gutkha chewing. Now I have quit the habit almost. But pls suggest medicines.
Hi, I am 24 yrs old male. I have got black spots on my lips and frontal gum areas due to smoking. Please suggest me how to get rid of it?
I can not enjoy ice cream or cold water from right side of my mouth. Did try sensodine and colgate pro relief past for sensitivitie. With no success. Please Advise. Thanks.
Say me the best toothpaste available. As I eat more non veg daily and my friends say you are somewhat smelling.
Jaw bone substitutes are costly because implants were delayed.
Implants are expensive because root canal treatment ( RCT ) was avoided.
RCT is taxing because the cavities were not filled.
Cavities were not filled because .
The lethargy to visit a dentist every six months.
Dentistry is not costly.
Preservation is the rule.
Recreating is a custom.
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.
Doctor, I have doing root canal past 3 years ago and coating in that teeth also but today my whole coating is came out wht can I do?
Tartar - what is it?
Although you take good oral care at home, there is still bacteria in your mouth. Bacteria mixes with food and proteins and forms a sticky substance called plaque. This forms a coat on your teeth, gets under the gum line and damages the teeth and the gums.
Whenever you eat something, the bacteria releases acids, which damage the tooth enamel and create cavities leading to infected and inflamed gums. If the plaque is removed regularly, permanent tooth decay can be prevented.
However, plaque that settles on the teeth hardens to form tartar that only a dentist or a dental hygienist can remove.
How are teeth and gums effected by tartar?
Tartar makes brushing and flossing harder which can lead to cavities and eventually tooth decay.
If tartar forms above your gums line, the bacteria present in it irritate and damage the gums and overtime lead to progressive gum diseases.
Gingivitis is the mildest form of gum disease. Visiting a dentist regularly alongside brushing and flossing daily can keep gingivitis away from you. Otherwise, the damage can worsen to such an extent that pockets form between the teeth and gums and bacteria infects the gums. This is called periodontitis.
How to control tartar build-up
The best way however is not to let tartar form on the teeth.
1) dental care
Brush twice a day for at least 3 minutes with a soft toothbrush. Ensure that you brush the rear surface and the rear molars too.
Electronic or powered toothbrushes have been proven to get rid of plaque better than the manual ones, but make sure that they are ada approved.
If you choose a tartar control toothpaste with fluoride, you can prevent plaque from hardening into tartar. Fluoride repairs the enamel damage too. Toothpastes that have triclosan also fight the bacteria in plaque.
Flossing is the only way to remove plaque from between the teeth and keep out tartar formation.
2) proper diet
The bacteria in your mouth along with starchy and sugary foods release harmful acids to damage the teeth and the gums. Remember that whenever you eat, you are feeding the bacteria too. Hence, limit the intake of sugary foods, brush and floss after every meal and drink lots of water.
3) quit smoking
People who smoke or chew tobacco products succumb to tartar build-up.
A dentist only can remove the tartar from your teeth. Accordingly, visit a dentist once in 3 months to prevent any further oral problems.