Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. VikasiniYour feedback matters!
I am getting itching on one teeth, always I need to feel to touch that teeth, can you suggest me what is problem, I have teeth biting problem last four years due to stress.
I have a problem of teeth biting and I never have a sound sleep I fill lazy and tired full day and hemoglobin is also very less wat I have to do.
I am facing canker sores on gums. Doctor told me its bcoz of vit B12 deficiency. What should I do to stop them reoccurring? They appears monthly and get recovered themselves. Kindly help me to get rid of this.
Hi, Since 5th march my mother has some ulcers in her mouth and next day blisters started to appear near mouth it is painful as well as the ulcers are painful and there are too many of them. Her right side of face has started to swell and she has severe pain in the ear. We consulted a local doctor he said this is due to herpes virus. He has also prescribed medicine and lotion for the same. I wish to know if it is herpes virus only and how many days will it take to get cured. As my mother is in so much pain.Please help
I have opening between my front bunny teeth. It looks too awkward while smiling. Whats the correct treatment for it?
Hi I have bad breath problem please guide me something to remove it. As it is so embarrassing to talk with anyone please help me out of this and also I want to tell you that I don't have dental problems or gastric problems. I have already met dentist nd gastroenterologist but they said everything is ok. But still I am facing dis problem. please help me.
I got ulcer in mouth. I have tried a lot of tubes and medicines but anything didn't helped me. Its been more than a week but there is no change. I just can't open my mouth. What should I do or which medicine I use?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.