Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaykumar.GYour feedback matters!
My 4 years 9month old toddler suffering from fever and cough. I am giving her meftal-p syrup and pecef-100 .still she is getting fever thrice a day since 3 days. Please help.
I am 19 year's girl I not got my periods this month it's over 20 days from my periods date. How can I get periods if not then which medicine I use to get periods? Please suggest.
I had sex with my gf one month ago, her period 8 days delayed yet not got her period what may be the reasons for not getting periods.
I am a 48 years. Old male and have diabetic person for last 14 years. I am taking medicine, still my health is going to very thin & what should I do? please advise.
Pradeep was a loving husband, but he always felt anxious that his marriage wouldn't last too long. He dreamt of losing his job, a bad divorce case, children separating from him and him living alone. He would sweat, have sleepless nights and often get up breathless from his nightmares. He made sure that he dropped his wife to work everyday and in office he would do anything to please his seniors. As a result he would be tired, didn't get time to relax and became a pain for his wife. This made him more anxious as his boss would often load him with work and his wife fought with him for family time.
But the divorce never happened because he had a good relationship with not only his wife but even with his in laws and on top of that he had a flourishing career. If Pradeep had only recognised that his in laws loved him for his soft and gentle nature and his wife loved him for his caring and supportive attitude, and that his company had recently given him a promotion out of turn, he wouldn't have needed to fret so much about a broken marriage. And he needn't have experienced domestic strife and his boss's wrath.
Anxious people often misdiagnose the risk in a situation and feel a constant threat to themselves and their wellbeing, which often lands them in more trouble as they try to avoid feeling anxious at all costs by avoiding situations and behaving in a manner which creates more anxiety.
Do you tend to believe and think in similar ways and act which makes you further anxious? Check below for dysfunctional beliefs and thoughts and a more mature way of modifying your thoughts which can help you do a realistic risk assessment and efficient behaviours leading to peace and freedom.
1. I KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN:
Most anxious people deny holding this belief However many people spend their entire lives worrying about future predictions they have made which never come true. They have wrongly predicted the future with such conviction that they ruin any chance they may have had of finding peace of mind. Think about the things that have worried you over the years. The things you got most worked up about? How many of them actually came true no matter how convinced you were that they would? Anxiety is almost always based upon unconscious fortune telling.
A more helpful belief may be:
I can make an educated guess - a projection about what is likely to happen and then make plans to avoid catastrophe. Then I can stop worrying about it.
2. IF I THINK THEN IT HAS TO BE TRUE:
Once again most people deny holding this belief. On a conscious, rational level they know that thoughts are only thoughts. Unconsciously however anxious people become so convinced of the ‘truth' of their thoughts that they stop being able to rationalize at all.A more helpful belief may be:
I can measure my thoughts objectively against the evidence and decide whether to accept or reject them. I don't have to believe everything I consider.
3. IT IS UNBEARABLE WHEN THINGS GO WRONG
This is called catastrophic thinking and it's one of the fastest ways there is to destroy your peace of mind. After all, let's face it, things go wrong on a very regular basis. If you hold this belief then of course you're going to worry. You may be very objective in your assessment of the situation - the fact that things do often go wrong - but the way you interpret that likelihood will give rise to anxiety. It's important to get things into perspective.
A more helpful belief may be:
Things often don't turn out the way I'd like them to. However it's the little adversities in life that help me grow. Problems can be used to make me better - not bitter. I'm a resourceful human being with the ability to deal with most things so long as I think clearly about the problem and keep my anxious thoughts under control.
4. I MUST AVOID STRESS AT ALL COSTS:
Most people are surprised to learn that avoiding stress is one of the worst things we can do. Anxiety management is a skill and it takes practice. If we avoid stress we miss out on the practice and so we never learn to deal with it. What's worse, we actually lose the coping skills we already have and so, over time we become more and more anxious.
A more helpful belief may be:
Life is full of stress but this can be overcome by thinking about it logically and taking positive action to change things for the better.
5. I HAVE TO BE IN CONTROL TO BE SAFE:
This belief is not only wrong it's dangerous. Total control is impossible for anyone to achieve. There are always too many possibilities, too many things which may go wrong. If your peace of mind depends upon control you'll never stop worrying.
A more helpful belief may be:
I can control my own actions and responses to the world. That's as much as anyone can ever do. It's enough because if I can control myself (and my thoughts) I can survive and actually grow from just about anything.
6. I CAN THINGS THAT CAN'T BE CHANGED:
Unless you're superhuman you can't. Remember that anxiety is part of our natural defence mechanism. It's a call to action. It alerts us to the fact that something is wrong and gives us the opportunity to change it. It has no place in situations which cannot be changed. Nevertheless how many of us worry about things which happened in the past for example - things which can never be changed. If you worry about past events instead of planning to overcome future problems you're not only wasting your time you're destroying your quality of life and, on one level at least, asking the impossible of yourself - to change what cannot be changed.
A more helpful belief may be:
There are some things which I cannot change. It's better to concentrate upon what I can achieve instead of worrying pointlessly about the things I cannot. To put it another way:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things which cannot be changed; The courage to change the things which can be changed and the wisdom to know the difference.
If you have questions, please click on "consult"
I am going latrine 2 to 3 time or more than that also in single time it not clear I have to go more than 2 to 3 time. After going to latrine so much time I fill weakness like their is nothing in the body. Some sweet pain in my stomach at any time but mostly when latrine is not clear. Some head pain is also their. I am thin what ever food I am taking it is not working in my body. I am not able to become healthy. Loss of appetite only in morning Time.
I am suffering from PCOD from past 6 months. My medicine are also going on but my facial hair are still the same (not getting reduce). Is there is any other homeopathy or any ayurveda medicine that I can take along with my allopathy treatment. My facial hair problem was from 2010. Moreover I'm worried about my future because my parents wants me to get married but I am not so confident because I have heard that a female who is suffering from PCOD sometimes faces the infertility. I'm not sure is this is right or wrong? Please advice what should I do.
Is it good to take multivitamin tablets with vitamin A and zinc for strengthening hair if it is good can you please suggest me a good one?
During periods I feel very much pain on stomach and below portion. I cannot get up from bed due to pain. Please suggest me what to do.
I am a 20 year old male. My height is 5.4 and weight is 48 kg. I am so weak. Should I use any protein powder to increase in my height and weight.
My age is only 21 but I have excess hair fall and in the front part I have lost full hair what can I do how can I recover from it?
Hi I am a 35 year old male. I was practising yoga for a couple of months and doing breathing exercises. Also took some medicine during that period for my allergic bronchial cough. I noticed that the skin on the tips of my fingers and also the balls of the feet were slightly tight with less sensitivity and also with discoloration. Don' t know if this is because of pressure cause while doing exercise or the allergic reaction to the yoga mat. Also was an ayurvedic hair oil during the period and unsure if this had caused by any of these?
Diabetes has become a modern lifestyle disease. Younger age groups are affected by it, and with changing lifestyles, it is only poised to get worse. While this may sound scary, the news to cheer about is that it can be controlled to a large extent. By making lifestyle changes, altering diet, and improving foot care, diabetes control can be planned effectively. Both the onset of the disease and disease progression and complications can be controlled to a large extent.
Read on to know some changes in terms of lifestyle, diet and foot care to improve diabetes:
- Diet: You are what you eat, so it is advisable that you plan your meal carefully. Eat healthy and you will stay healthy. Include a lot of fiber in the form of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Reduce oils, sugar, salt, white rice, refined flour, etc. Increase unsaturated fatty acids and reduce saturated fatty acids. Ensure you get the right amount of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Ensure ample hydration for the body. Get into a pattern of eating small, frequent meals and avoid binge eating. This goes a long way in controlling sugar levels in the body.
- Lifestyle: Engage in exercise, both to keep your weight under control and to improve the function of insulin. This also helps to keep body fat under control. Talk to your doctor about what routine would work for you. Whether it is jogging, running, cycling, swimming or plain walking, take a pick and regularly do it. Your goal should be to spend 30 to 45 mins every day on brisk walking (at least 5 days a week). This helps the function of insulin and also helps in reducing complications arising from diabetes. If you are a smoker, this is the time to quit – the hazards and the benefits are way too many. A healthy lifestyle with exercise also helps to manage stress, as the exercise helps in stress management and weight management too. Reduced severity of diabetes induces a feeling of well-being too.
- Foot care: One of the main complications of diabetes is known as diabetic neuropathy, where the nerves are affected. There is loss of sensation in the extremities and therefore a blister or a corn on the foot can go unnoticed and continue to grow. This may develop into an ulcer, which may then require extensive repair and heal at a slow pace because of diabetes. Diabetic people are advised to watch and wash the feet regularly, dry it nicely, watch between the toes, keep the toenails trimmed, smoothen out the calluses and corns, and use proper footwear. Go for foot exams once in six months or a year. Any small wound should be attended to by the doctor.
These are some simple ways to combat diabetes, which can be planned into your daily routine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 30 years old man. But my weight only 42 kgs .I can't increase my health .I used many supplement but no results.
I have a small section on the right half of my lower lip that dries out, cracks and remains discolored. It occurs, disappears for a bit and recurs randomly. I have tried most home remedies but to no avail. Can you help me regarding that?
I am 23 years old & my left testicle is like apple size & right testicle is peanut size. Is it normal or I can do anything in home? I do not want to see a doctor it is from 3-4 years now.
I got up with a problem that there a new teeth is coming my jaw is very painful soo please help me out.
To keep up good health, it is absolutely necessary for one to indulge in physical exercise or activities. Physical activities, in general, are linked to a host of good benefits such as reduced stress and a healthier and better outlook, besides increasing the body's resistance against complications like heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and muscle pain among others problems.
Similarly, the practice of yoga is an ancient tradition well-known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and they can together prove to be highly advantageous, to the extent where they can be possibly regarded a better alternative to the act of gyming.
Here are a few benefits of gym workouts followed by the benefits of yoga plus walking:-
Benefits of gym and other exercises:
- Keep muscles fit
- Enhance respiration and perspiration
- Help in weight loss
- Relieve stress
- Increase appetite and food consumption
Benefits of yoga and walking:
- Keep you active throughout the day
- Help bowel movement
- Increase mind control over the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress free
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere
Although it can be argued that gym work outs are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better; perhaps a detailed comparison of the differences between the two may be more helpful:
- While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mental control.
- While gym workouts may be more expensive, yoga requires minimal accessories and is therefore more economically convenient.
- Yoga is suitable for people of all ages whereas gymming and other intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
- There are minimal withdrawal effects with yoga, in contrast to gym workouts.
- Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.