Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaykumar.GYour feedback matters!
Is there any medicene for chronic knee joints pain of a lady of 64 years, other than joint replacement operation?
I am putting a lot of weight even though m controlling my diet n practising exercises but still I am getting fat day by day so is this some kind of problem?
Nowadays no pimples will comes on my face due to my diet maintenance but marks and pores remain in my face. Lot of small and big pores is on cheeks so please give some idea to control of it.
I have a sore throat for a long time. I have taken medications also but those proved worthless. This has not occurred due to any cold. I don't have any pain in the throat either. I am extremely worried. Please help me out.
I am suffering with heart palpitations while walking and driving bike and a light pain in heart. With this problem I started walking jogging and yesterday I faced again early in the morning at 6 with heart palpitations. Please fix me out with this problem.
My father has a problem in his both knee and trouble to walk frequently so what is the possible cause for that and please giving me the suggestion for remedy.
My wife is 39 years age. She is not getting monthly period since 4 months. We checked for pregnancy. Test is negative. What may be the reason for stopping periods.
I'm putting on lot of weight I'm in 8th month. Before I was just 54 during marriage in one month I was pregnant. By that time when I got to kno I'm pregnant I was 63kgs. Right now I'm 75 is this usual or obesity. Will it affect my baby. I always increase by 4kgs. 54to58then 63, 67, 71, 75. Y is this so. please help me out.
Hair loss has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self-esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss has long-term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside which prevents them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with the body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of the mind-body structure. Hair is considered as a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the ayurvedic treatments generally recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall.
1. Dietary modifications - It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of excessive alcohol, meat, coffee, tea, and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated by indulging in intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts, and milk.
2. Yoga and meditation - Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
3. Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil - Bhringaraja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful in hair fall.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My hair is some what dry. That's not a problem but frontal region of my hair is cracked at ends. So please solve my problem.
I am a 18 years old male and I have this problem with my penis foreskin. It went back and now it won't cover the head back again. I'm unable to cover the head and it's a problem as it pains a bit when it touches my clothes. What to do?
I am of 23 years old boy. My body weight is about 54 kg and I am weaker than my friends. I want to gain some mass. What should I do?
I am feeling very tired and my body is paining and very very cold I have so much fever what should ido my eyes are become red and I am having so much pain.
1. Foods Belonging To Brassica Family
Consume Foods like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, peanuts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnips, rutabagas, soybeans, spinach etc which contains goitrogens.
• Goitrogens helps to block the ability of thyroid to use iodine and hence slows down the activity of the thyroid.
• Eat raw cruciferous vegetables to get maximum benefit as goitrogens are active in the raw state.
2. Include More Berries
Add at least one serving of berries in your diet plan to control hyperthyroidism.
• Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries contain anti-oxidants which improves your immune system.
3. Omega -3- Fatty Acid And Proteins
Omega -3- fatty acid helps to control the hyper stimulated thyroid gland. Proteins are necessary for the building of muscles and to provide energy for the body. Protein sources also contain L-glutamine which helps in rebuilding the gut and de-inflaming the body.
• Eat cold water fish, flax seed oil and nuts to get the omega-3-fatty acid necessary for the body.
• Include soy, turkey, walnuts, salmon, tuna and trout in your hyperthyroidism diet.
4. Dairy Products
Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland can remove the calcium from your blood. The body compensates this loss by leaching calcium from the bones. This can cause osteoporosis.
• Include three servings of yoghurt, cheese, milk or cottage cheese in your daily diet.
5. Spinach And Collard Greens
If you are allergic to dairy products, you can get your daily supply of calcium from vegetable sources like spinach collard greens etc.
• Figs, prunes and sesame seeds are also excellent hyperthyroidism foods.
This is another vital component of hyperthyroidism diet. The hyperactive thyroid gland can deplete the zinc.
• Include almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts which are rich in Zinc in your diet.
7. Fiber Rich Foods And Anti Inflammatory Foods
Fiber rich foods are beneficial for the proper working of the thyroid gland. Anti inflammatory herbs help to reduce the inflammation of the thyroid which is the reason for hyperthyroidism.
• Include whole grain foods, like oatmeal, whole grain breads, brown rice etc in your food.
• The anti inflammatory herbs to be included in your diet are turmeric, ginger, rosemary, cinnamon and oregano.
8. Antioxidant Rich Foods And Vitamin D
It is also necessary to consume antioxidants and vitamin D rich foods in the diet. This will reduce the oxidative stress caused by hyperthyroidism. Vitamin D can reduce the inflammation and auto- immune reactions of the body.
• Avocados, olive oil broccoli etc contain antioxidants.
• Salmon is a good source of vitamin D. You can get your daily dose of vitamin D from eggs, mushrooms etc.
• Spend 20- 30 minutes in the sun to get the necessary vitamin D for the body.
9. Cassava, Sorghum, And Millet
These food items contain cyanogenic glucosides which blocks the iodine availability of the gland.
• These foods increase the immune function and gives protection from osteoporosis
10. Vitamin C And Vitamin E
These vitamins are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress caused by the hyperactivity of thyroid glands.
• All the citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
• Bell peppers, olive oil, wheat etc are a good source of vitamin E.