Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijayashriYour feedback matters!
Fluid retention is a crushing problem faced by many across the world. The condition can be well understood by paying close attention to its name; the propensity of the human body to store water or fluids in general in the tissues leading to a swollen and bloated appearance can be referred to as 'fluid retention', edema or hydropsy. An observant person must have seen signs of fluid retention in people around. The condition usually surfaces in the form of swollen limbs that can result in soft depressed pits on the application of slightest pressure. Your arms, legs, feet and joints such as the ankles and wrists are more prone to the effects of edema.
The various ways in which fluid retention can be disastrous for your body have been laid down here:
1. Edema can impair your ease while walking. A person goes through so much of pain that walking becomes more of a challenge; limping comes naturally in such a situation. Thus, your gait can completely change under the effect of fluid retention.
2. Fluid retention in the joints can make your joints excessively stiff. It therefore prevents free movement, stretching or bending.
3. There can be alterations in the texture and health of your skin over the affected area. It may turn tender and may itch intermittently.
4. Skin ulcers are also a common phenomenon among patients of edema. Ulcers in the skin are hard to remedy and it is hence best to curb the possibility of their development.
5. Tissues that now have a higher content of fluids are larger in size and face friction between one another. This leads to scarring of tissues.
6. Improper blood circulation is a condition that comes along with edema. The blood vessels narrow down when tissues swell up. As a result, there is a sharp decrease in the amount of blood circulated throughout one's body.
7. Veins, arteries and joints lose their inherent elasticity in this case. Subsequently, expansion and contraction of joints may not take place involuntarily and may thus cause immense discomfort. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
We had sex in last mnth 17 th (protected with condom. After that she use home test kit for test to make sure that if there is any chances of pregnancy or not. Result was negative. But in this mnth periods is not started till now. Today she also check with a test kit. Report is also negative. And her white discharge is starting .is there any chances of pregnancy?
I had my periods on 9th september. On 21st october I had a physical contact with clothes, not sex. There are chances that there might be contact of the sperm but the clothes were on. I did not have periods in october. On 10th november I got my periods, proper with clots and cramps. I still went through pregnancy tests- 2 urine sample tests, 1 blood test, 3 home kit tests, all negative. I did not have my period in december and january so I consulted doctor who gave me primolut n to get periods for 5 days after third day of completion of the dose on 14th feb I got my periods again proper with clots and unbearable cramps. During the 8 days I did 2 sonography tests for pelvic and abdominal area in which I was diagnoses with polycystic ovaries. From the fifth day of the period that I got in feb I started taking diane 35 prescribed by the doctor. After I started taking these medicines I suffered from abdominal pain, nausea and sort of bloating for the entire 21 days. I still completed the dose and got my periods on 16th march, again proper cycle of 6 days. Though I had spotting for the following two days of the cycle.Thank you.
I got my periods today. How can I stop it for few days with medicine as I have to go vaishno Devi. please help me is there any medicine to stop the periods when it is 1st day of my periods.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 14th february 2017 with out any protection but my boyfriend told he didn't spammed me. And after that I got period on 15th february and also on 14th march. But after my 2nd period I feel like my upper abdomen being tight. My food habit weight everything are normal there any worry about it?
Rimming sex. How I do safe rimming sex. I like to do very much. I use dettol soap daily. Tell me about clean methods for backside. If any infection that me details. After infections how I maintain clean again. Kindly help me.
I'm 32 years old women. I have 4 1/2 year old daughter. 97 kg. Height 5 6. Nov 2014 I got operated on both my ovaries for cysts 8 cm right loculated cyst and around 6 cm cyst in left ovary. Now again when I got scanned as I was getting some pain in my abdomen it showed that I have 5 cm cyst in my right ovary. I'm very much scared and planning for my second child. I don't know what to do. I don't want to get operated again but I want my cyst to reduce without creating any problem. Please help me.
My period date was 15 april but I had taken regestrone from april 11 to april 20 two times a day but from april 15 to april 22 I have sex with my husband and I have taken unwanted 72 tablet two times with in this period of time. Now I am waiting for my period but it is not happening so what can I do to get my period immediately?
Caused by the microorganisms called viruses, infections pertaining to these microorganisms are known as viral diseases. These diseases are different and diverse in nature as they are caused by a number of viruses. Among them, the common cold is the most known viral disease and occurs due to the infection of your upper respiratory tract, namely the nose and throat.
Other widespread viral infections are:
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
- Shingles or herpes zoster (a viral infection that leads to the development of rash)
- Viral pneumonia (a condition that occurs due to viruses that are responsible for flu and colds)
- Viral hepatitis (inflammation of the liver that is caused by a virus)
- Viral meningitis (viral infection wherein inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain occurs)
- Rubella, mumps and measles
How do they spread?
These diseases are infectious and can easily spread from one person to another. When the microorganism enters your body, it begins to reproduce.
Different ways that they can spread include:
- Breathing in the germs present in airborne droplets when an infected person sneezes or coughs
- Coming in contact with the body fluids of an infected person during sexual activity
- Indirect contact with these microorganisms when you touched inanimate objects handled by an infected person
- Viral infections can also spread through insect bites. Certain germs depend on insects as carriers such as ticks and mosquitoes for moving from host to host
- Having virus-contaminated water or food is another way in which viral infection can spread from person to person. Such a mode of transfer enables the virus to spread among a large number of people. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Please my wife is pregnant and she has an extremely tight Vagina. I married her when she was a Virgin and I'm very scared the she might undergo through c section. I'm currently not with her and she is also scared please do you have any advise?
Am 4 months pregnant. Shall I have dry nuts like pista and Almonds and dry grapes? Is it good for baby?
Doctor, I sometimes face irregular vaginal bleeding even when periods are properly over. What could be the possible reasons & preventive measures. Thanks.
Usg report says pcod with low volume ovary rest normal It also said post void residual urine 105MUL Prevoid residual urine 75MUL What is the. Reason behind this? Can STD be the cause? Can STD occur if both person does not have any sexual partner before and condom has been used while making out? If another person only had oral sex for 1-2 mins with a virgin girl before does it mean that person has std?
My girlfriend was suppose to have her periods last month June 24th but till 16/7/2016 she has not got .and secondly she has thyroid problem and she takes 75 mg thyronorm tablet daily. Kindly let us know what might be the problem.
Actually I and my boyfriend had protective sex but still I got pregnant and had miscarriage as I wasn't aware of it. Is this possible?
What is text neck syndrome?
Text neck is the term used to describe the neck pain and damage sustained from looking down at your cell phone, tablet, or other wireless devices too frequently and for too long.
Symptoms of text neck syndrome?
Text neck most commonly causes neck pain and soreness. In addition, looking down at your cell phone too much each day can lead to:
Upper back pain ranging from a chronic, nagging pain to sharp, severe upper back muscle spasms. Shoulder pain and tightness, possibly resulting in painful shoulder muscle spasm. If a cervical (neck) nerve becomes pinched, pain and possibly neurological symptoms can radiate down your arm and into your hand
How is text neck treated?
First, prevention is key. Here are several pieces of advice for preventing the development or advancement of text neck:
@hold your cell phone at eye level as much as possible. The same holds true for all screens - laptops and tablets should also be positioned so the screen is at eye level and you don't have to bend your head forward or look down to view it.
@take frequent breaks from your phone and laptop throughout the day. For example, set a timer or alarm that reminds you to get up and walk around every 20 to 30 minutes. If you work in an office, make sure your screen is set up so that when you look at it, you are looking forward, with your head positioned squarely in line with your shoulders and spine.
The bottom line is to avoid looking down with your head bent forward for extended periods throughout the day.
Next, rehabilitation is important. Consult physiotherapist get it check and start with specific rehabilitation.
I have hypothyroidism n the tsh levels shot up when I was pregnant with my daughter. I had thyroid disorder before pregnancy. Should I go for a second child? Will I face the same problem again? What are the chances of my daughter inheriting thyroid disorder since I had disturbed levels while she was in there?
Respected Doctors Can you tell me if I wear a condom after half intercourse from start. And my end of sex is protected, And my penis periods are came 3 days ago from today nd from the sex 50 hrs ago she take unwanted 72. So please can you tell me we are safe or pregnancy is possible or not?
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection (learn more About Acute Respiratory Infections). It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes (know about the impacts of smoking on your organs) and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.