Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. VijayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
I am 33 yrs male. Diagnosed with retinis pigmentosa. What should I do if I want to regain what ever sight I have lost. And prevent from further loss. And I have no family history of r. P.
I work at least 10 hour behind computer and it harm my eyesight and health also please give me suggestion regarding this matter.
I'm using power glasses from past 5 years, now can I use contact lens? Please tell me the details of contact lens, and advantages and disadvantages.
I have problem in my eyes when I read I have headache and also my eyes pain when I move under sun. When size my eyes they became red and painful.
I have sight and I don't use spectacles but my eyesight power was increased how to control it self tell me doctor.
I have red eye since two days. Also its itching a lot and watery liquid is coming out of it. Please help me!
I am having basic myopia and having problem selecting the right number for the glasses. Help selecting any good treatment please?
My eye is pain for 1 week because of, I see TV for every time that can I have this problem so what can I do at this time please give the solution for me.
I'm suffering from severe headache and through that I'm unable to see the things properly so kindly give me some suggestions to recover.
I Feel very exhausted and my my eyes become warm & little little water comes out if my eyes, what should you do?
I have red eyes from last three days. And it is pained from last three day. I have also stomach problem. It is paid when I eat some fast food. I have also number of farts. My sister have also problem in mouth. When she is eat some hot foods. My mother is handicap and my father is also handicapped. They cannot walk by their own legs.
Eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is an eye disorder where inflammation of the conjunctiva in the eyes takes place. Eye allergies are different from contagious or bacterial conjunctivitis. Eye allergies are more likely to occur during the hot, summer season. Homeopathy offers excellent treatment for eye allergies. Below listed are are some homeopathic medicines, which cure eye allergies, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed.
- Apis Mel: Apis Mel treats eye allergies characterized by a burning and stinging sensation in the eyes. Oedema accumulates around the eyes, and the eyelids become swollen and puffy. Watery discharge comes out of the eyes.
- Euphrasia: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating eye allergies where there is an acrid discharge from the eyes. The discharge is acidic and burns the skin that comes in contact with the same. Burning pain in the eyes is indicated. The eyes become watery.
- Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is an effective homeopathic medicine used in case of eye allergies with an abundant, prulent discharge. The patient develops photo phobia, and splinter like pain in the eyes is experienced. The conjunctiva swells.
- Ruta: This is a fine homeopathic medicine for treating eye allergies where there is a sensation of the presence of a foreign body in the eyes. Indicated by severe eye irritation, the patient feels something like a dust particle is stuck in his eyes. The eyes become red and painful.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is used when there is relief due to the application of cold water. Symptoms include discharge of a thick, yellow fluid from the eyes. Itching and burning is caused. The eyelids feel agglutinated.
Other than homeopathic remedies, natural, home-based remedies can be used to treat eye allergies as well. They are:
- Cold compress: Application of cold compress around the allergy affected area provides relief. Soak a cloth in cold water and apply it gently to the affected area. Chamomile tea bags can be used as cold compress.
- Cucumber: You can place round slices of cucumber over the allergy affected area on the eyes to get relief. Cucumbers contain anti-irritation properties, which help to reduce puffiness, swelling and irritation in the eyes.
- Rosewater: Rose water is an effective natural remedy for eye allergies. It soothes and cools the eyes, and makes the eyes clear. Rose water can be used as an eye drop.
- Green tea: Green tea is completely natural and gives relief to eye allergies. It soothes the eyes and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
Eye allergies are common and affect people during summer the most. They may reoccur every year. Homeopathic and natural treatment methods for eye allergies are very efficient treatment procedures.