Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
When it comes to the health of women, there is never too much one can do. The condition of amenorrhea, for instance, refers to the situation in which menstruation does not take place.
There are two kinds of amenorrhea, which are the primary form and the secondary. The primary refers to when menstruation has not begun in a girl who has reached 16 years of age. On the other hand, when a woman has secondary amenorrhea, what this means is that for over six months, menstruation has not occurred.
The reasons why primary amenorrhea may take place are quite varied. Tumours which affect the pituitary gland can cause it, as can an abnormality in the vagina or the uterus of a woman. Diseases such as polycystic ovary also have the potential to lead to amenorrhea. For secondary amenorrhea, a bad diet, stress and pregnancy can lead to it. But what can be done about it?
Treating Amenorrhea with Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a truly amazing field of medicine and it is so great that it can treat amenorrhea, as well. One of the many good things about making the right choice of a homeopathic treatment plan is that it is highly customizable, according to the case at hand.
There is no one medicine which is prescribed by homeopathy for amenorrhea, which correspond to the various causes of the condition. So, it can be understood why homeopathic medicine is customizable as it proves to be in the case of treating amenorrhea, as well.
There are a variety of homeopathic medicines which can be taken for amenorrhea. That being said, it is important to keep in mind the fact that these medicines should only be made use of after a qualified homeopathic doctor has checked the patient and approved of the medicine. For mothers who have not experienced menses after they started Breastfeeding their babies, Sepia is the medicine which is usually recommended. In a similar way, Pinus lamb is recommended for women whose menses are delayed. While these happen to be a couple of very specific or niche medicines, a general medicine for amenorrhea is Pulsatilla. In fact, it is widely considered by doctors to be very effective.
When amenorrhea is caused on account of the suppression of menses due to a tumour which is present in the ovaries, most allopathic doctors would be very worried. However, homeopathic doctors would know that there is a solution designed for this very situation, which is known as Apis Mel.
Now that it is known that amenorrhea has not only a cure, but rather, multiple cures; the cause for worry is not really warranted! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic.
Cancer indicates the growth of certain unusual cells, generally uncontrolled in nature, in any part of your body. It may also refer to a malignant tumor and it can affect any organ or any part of your body. There are many different cancers accordingly, such as lung cancer, bladder cancer, skin cancer or blood cancer. Ayurveda offers effective measures for preventing cancer.
Read on to find more about the tips and get better prepared to fight this killer:
- According to Ayurveda, having fresh foods can help you to prevent cancer. Consuming more of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits may prove to be helpful.
- Avoiding fat based foods or fried foods can be effective in preventing cancer. Strike off hydrogenated fats (such as cookies, peanut butter, crackers etc) or saturated animal fats from your diet.
- Exercising on a regular basis may be very helpful. Stretching exercises, walking, breathing exercises and aerobics are considered to be useful preventive measures for cancer.
- Meditation and yoga are also effective ways to prevent cancer. These can help you to reduce stress and remain calm.
- Drinking green tea regularly can be very useful for killing any growth of cancerous cells in your body and thus help you to prevent cancer.
- Cutting down on foods with higher quantities of sugar can help you to prevent cancer.
- Include foods replete in vitamin D and vitamin C or citrus foods as these help to combat many kinds of cancer.
- Incorporate spices like turmeric in your daily cooking regimen. The 'curcumin' present in turmeric coupled with a few other accompanying properties can help to prevent the growth of cancer cells in your body.
- Garlic, whether consumed raw or cooked, can help you to fight the killer that cancer is.
Sometimes when a person has too much on their plate, they are left feeling overwhelmed and stressed out. Here are a few ways in which you can manage being overwhelmed and return to a place of control, contentment and relaxation.
- Venture out: Trying to work and get your tasks done despite your confusion and feeling of helplessness will not lead you anywhere. You need to step away to have the capacity to see your conditions from a new point of view. Move to an alternate room, get up from your work area, sit on a different couch, go out for a walk or go sit at a bistro. Venturing out from the present circumstance and changing your physical surroundings will help you gain clarity, and move you far from the overwhelming perspective. This is when you can see the solution more clearly.
- Vent it out: When you are occupied, it is very easy to lose any feeling and sense of priority and the panic makes everything seem urgent. In reality, there will be things that may require your consideration for a brief span. Hence, the key thing is to have clarity and gain visibility on what you are managing. Attempt a "mind download", where you record everything, with the goal that you can figure out what is obstructing your brain and its functioning.
- Requesting help and allowing help: You would be surprised at what number of individuals will offer assistance. Usually, our limited thinking is because we become a problem for ourselves as we disallow others to help us. Sometimes we also think they will say no, thus we do not ask for help. Simply try it out. Request help, and get ready to be surprised at the generosity you might get from others.
- Phase out noise: When we feel overwhelmed, it feels soothing to do something to loosen up and relax, such as watching the TV, listening to music, watching the news or playing a game. What we overlook during this time is that the additional data that comes in clutters our mind that further tangles our already overwhelmed senses.
- Make continuous improvements: Concentrate on one area at a time. Question yourself: what kind of change would be good for you? Concentrate on little, easy-to-do portions, not an instant upgrade. Say, your employment. Experiment with ten minutes of a sustaining pace. Appreciate how that feels. At that point expand on it. Check whether your well being moves forward. Try to feel positive energy in the bargain.
Treat the sentiment of overwhelming nervousness as a companion, for it is an indicator telling us that we have to slow down. It tells us to readjust our centre of focus and prioritise something else that makes us feel positive and better.
I have to know that which size of follicle is need to get pregnant and how much endometrial lining thickness required to get conceive. When egg will release and duration of egg.
Hello I am 26 years old the last date of my periods was 25th August nd till now it's been delayed for around 15 days now. Last month I had lots of junk food so I have gained 3 kg weight too my periods are normally delayed for 10-12 days every month. I also had fever month so had to take antibiotics and medicines for 5-6 days. I dnt feel I have a symptom of thyroid too nd neither had any physical relation from last 5-6 months. Please suggest what should I do.
I am 22 years old female I was suffering from lupus still under treatment feeling very weak and having joints pains specially legs are paining a lot all the time and I want to know that will be normal again as before or not.
It is a delicious snack which usually we eat while watching movies or as an evening snacks. The benefits of pop corn is -
1. Regulates blood sugar. Patients suffering from diabetes can have it if made in proper way.
2. Weight reduction as it is sugar free, fat free and low in calories.
3. Enrich in proteins than chips, waffers.
4. Lower cholesterol levels.
5. Prevents premature ageing.
6. Prevents from various other diseases like cancer, tumor, diabetes.
7. Improves digestive system and prevent constipation.
Normally people eat peanuts in winters as it is tasty, nutritious and a good time pass. The benefits of pea nuts are -
1. Improves memory as it contains vitamin b3 or niacin which boosts memory.
2. Lower risk of weight gain.
3. Prevents hair fall/loss.
4. Lower the risk of allergic diseases.
5. Prevent from many other diseases like - cancer, diabetes, heart, depression etc.
6. Aids in blood sugar regulation
7. Peanuts lower the risk of getting gallblader stone.
Jaggery peanut brittle:
Its is healthy, tasty, crispy snacks that is easly available in any season especially winters. It has several benefits:
1. It contains good amount of proteins, minerals, vitamins, and act as an antioxidant.
2. Does not affect sugar level. A diabetic patient can have jaggery peanut brittle.
3. It helps lower ldl and increase hdl level in the blood.
4. Purifies the blood by releasing all toxins from the body.
5. Good for skin. Prevents from any skin problems/allergies.
6. Rich source of calcim, magnesium, copper etc.
7. Prevent from life threatening diseases like stroke, cancers, degenerative diseases, coronary diseases, infectious diseases etc.
So guys celebrate and enjoy lohri festival and be healthy. Happy lohri:)
Folliculitis is an inflammation of the hair follicles. Each hair on your body grows out of a tiny pouch called a follicle. You can have folliculitis on any part of your body that has hair. But it is most common on the beard area, arms, back, buttocks, and legs. You are more likely to get folliculitis if you:
- Use a hot tub, whirlpool, or swimming pool that is not properly treated with chlorine.
- Wear tight clothes.
- Use or work with substances that can irritate or block the follicles. Examples include makeup, cocoa butter, motor oil, tar, and creosote.
- Have an infected cut, scrape, or surgical wound. The bacteria or fungi can spread to nearby hair follicles.
- Have a disease such as diabetes or HIV that lowers your ability to fight infection.