Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pathologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayabhaskar B
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayabhaskar BYour feedback matters!
One of the most common difficulties in treating cancer is pain. Pain can be associated with both localized tumors and metastatic cancer. Although only 15% of patients with nonmetastatic disease had pain associated with their tumor at the time of diagnosis, pain becomes more pervasive as disease progresses. With the diagnosis of metastatic disease the percentage of patients having pain increased to 74%. Direct tumor involvement is the most common cause of pain, present in approximately two thirds of patients with pain from metastatic cancer. Tumor invasion of bone, common in breast and prostate cancer and with multiple myeloma, accounts for pain in approximately 50% of these patients. The remaining 50% experience tumor-related pain that is due to nerve compression or infiltration, or tumor involvement of the gastrointestinal tract or soft tissue.
- Is pain present?
- What is pain intensity rating (0-10)?
- What are descriptions of the pain?
- Where is the pain?
- Are there recognizable pain syndromes?
- What is the current pain regimen?
- What is the meaning of the pain?
- Intensity: How severe is your pain?
- Character: How would you describe your pain?
- Location: Where is your pain?
- Radiation: Does your pain go anywhere else?
- Timing: When does your pain occur?
- Correlated factors: What makes your pain better or worse?
- Implications of pain: How does this pain affect your daily living?
- Meaning of the pain: What does the pain mean to you?
Role of Homeopathy:
Homoeopathic medicines are useful in decreasing the intensity of the pain. Even in the later stages of cancer when metastasis has occur the homoeopathic medicines decreases the pain.
Dear doctor, I am doing job, No stress & tension. But I am feeling tired & body pains. Weakness. Please suggest me a tonic or pills for health.
Our pain is the second-most-common problem which makes people seek medical advice. Injuries and illnesses are typical triggers of pain.
Another reason is age-related degeneration, and most cases seen by pain specialists fall in this category. Everyone experiences some degree of pain in day to day life.
And it is a human tendency to ignore the pain, till it takes some serious dimension and begins to interfere with one's daily routine like work or socializing with family and friends or when it doesn't let you sleep peacefully.
Experts say, this tendency of ignoring pain should be avoided as negligence at initial levels can make the pain chronic and more harmful. In fact, in many cases, the damage due to pain becomes irrevocable if it is ignored for too long.
Currently, millions of people worldwide suffer from chronic pain of varying degrees. Increasing aging population worldwide, growing number of surgical procedures being performed, changing lifestyles, increasing the incidence of cancer are some of the factors causes increasing number of patients.
Sir from last 2 years, I have pain in my body and from last 2 months it has increased and my diet has been decreased and I don't wanna take meals as I don't feel hungry.
A very common complaint, a number of factors can cause wrist pain but arriving at the exact cause can be a tad bit difficult. Depending on the cause, wrist pain can vary in intensity.
What causes pain in your wrist?
Injury to any part of the wrist can lead to wrist pain and impinge on your ability to use the affected hand and wrist. The causes can be injuries like sudden impacts and repetitive stress; arthritis like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis; or diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome that affect this part of the body.
1. Sudden impacts - Falling forward onto your extended hand can give rise to instances of wrist pain. Injury occurring from this sudden impact can cause not only sprains and strains but also fractures.
2. Repetitive stress - An activity that involves the movement of your wrist in repeating motions can cause the joint tissues to be inflamed or give rise to stress fractures, especially if the movement is performed without any break for a long period of time.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis - In this disorder, both the wrists can get affected. In general, the disorder sees your body's immune system attacking tissues of your body.
4. Osteoarthritis - Although the condition is very uncommon in the wrist, it occurs in individuals who have suffered a wrist injury in the past. Osteoarthritis typically happens when the cartilage that acts as the cushion at the end of your bones undergoes deterioration with time.
5. Carpal tunnel syndrome - An increase in pressure on the median nerve (a nerve that affects the sensation or movement of your hand) that passes a passageway called the carpal tunnel can cause you to suffer from wrist pain.
In addition to these causes, instances of Kienbock's disease and ganglion cysts can also lead to this problem.
How to identify the signs of the problem?
The pain can vary depending on the cause. So, wrist pain arising out of osteoarthritis will exhibit a dull pain while that from carpal tunnel syndrome will give a pins and needles sensation. Many times, the location of the pain can help the doctor to determine the cause behind the symptoms you may experience.