Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi M
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi MYour feedback matters!
My wife is 20 years old when she is having periods she is facing severe stomach pain for 5 days but her bleeding is for only 1 day she is facing this every month does this have any effect on get her pregnancy? I tested her hemoglobin levels she is having 10 points can you please tell me why she is facing this problem how to get her out from this problem, give me suggestion or description for her problem and tell me how to improve her blood levels.
Hi, My friend did sex with her boyfriend last week. Her boyfriend inserted his penis once and did not ejaculate. Can she become pregnant with precum? Can she expect normal period? Please reply.
Calcium is one of the most abundant minerals found in the body. Bones contain 99% of the body’s calcium. Calcium is essential for good bone health. Bones are constantly being broken down and reformed. This process is known as remodeling. Remodeling involves the breaking down of old bone tissues and its replacement with new bone tissue. At any given point of time, 5% of the bones in the human body are being remodeled.
Calcium is the most important element for bone remodeling. This is what makes up new bone tissue. Hence, if the body does not get enough calcium, the new tissue replacing the old tissue will be weaker and low in density. This makes the bones prone to fractures. The most active phase of bone remodeling is up to the age of 20. This is when bones are being shaped. A deficiency of calcium at this stage can lead to skeletal deformities such as rickets and bow legs. Bones reach their peak density between the ages of 12 to 30. After the age of 40, the rate at which old bone tissue is reabsorbed becomes higher than the rate at which new tissue is created. Thus, calcium is necessary at every stage.
Calcium also helps prevent orthopaedic conditions such as osteoporosis. This is because it builds new bone tissue that is strong and thus maintains the bone density. If left unchecked, osteoporosis can lead to frequent fractures, bone deformities, and chronic joint pain. Older women are most susceptible to this condition because of the hormonal changes that occur after menopause.
Calcium is available in a number of food items. Milk is one of the most important sources of calcium. Vitamin D should be taken along with calcium to ensure that the body can absorb the calcium. Some of the other common sources of calcium include dairy products, green leafy vegetables, some types of fish, peas, beans and almonds. Eggs are also a rich source of calcium and vitamin D. In addition, children and adults over the age of 40 should also take calcium supplements. Women typically need a higher supplement dosage as compared to men of the same age. However, it is important not to consume more than 2000mg of calcium per day as this could be harmful to the health of the kidneys. In addition to having a diet rich in calcium, one must also exercise regularly to maintain bone health and drink plenty of water.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had pcos problem, doctor prescribed me normoz tablet and metformin for three months without checking my blood sugar. Is it good to start medication without checking blood sugar levels. And also the tablet combination .Please give advice.
I had sex with my husband today he got discharged inside me, as he took his penis out he saw blood getting discharge. It seems I had started my period today itself while having sex.
I am Dr. Abhay Patil from Ashwini Homeopathy. We have established our homeopathy center in 1994 and it is a registered clinic. We are classical homeopaths and are placed in Vashi. Since past 10 years we have developed the science in which we are able to correlate homeopathy and astrology we call it astro-homeopathy. As all of you must be aware in homeopathy, history of a person is very important for us. It includes the nature of the patient, the eating habits of the patient. Sometimes the patient is not able to give us proper information or he is reluctant to give proper information, he may be in coma or paralysis.
So if we have the birth chart of the patient, we can correlate from the chart what could be his nature, what could be his habits, what type of diseases he could be having which helps us to prescribe right homeopathy medicines. We have used this method in thousands of cases who are autistic, who are cerebral palsy patients, where there is practically no history given by the parents. Only on the basis of the chart we are able to analyse and predict what could be the nature and what could be the disease of the patient and prescribe homeopathy medicine and get wonderful results.
I just give you an example- this is a horoscope that you must be aware of. This sign is Aries or Mesh rashi. Suppose we got n number of planets in Aries or Mars in Aries where the dominant sign in the patient is Aries. We can predict definitely that he can develop blood pressure, he can have a stroke, he can have a migraine or he will get a child who has the dominant Aries sign, can have a cerebral palsy, basically head injuries. Such a person will be prone to head injuries, stroke, blood pressure etc.
This type of patient will usually be fast, restless in nature, they don't like to sit in one place, they are very adventurous, they are very ambitious in nature. The medicines which are indicated in Aries signs are belladonna, veratrum album, mercury etc. And analyzing other symptoms which the patient may present we can prescribe the right medicines. For more information on Astro-homeopathy or if you want to understand more about Astro-homeopathy you can contact us on lybrate.com or our website.
Pulmonary hypertension mainly occurs due to narrowing of the arteries of the lungs as a result of which the flow of blood is restricted. In this kind of condition, blood fails to carry oxygen to your heart and thus your heart gets adversely affected. The blood pressure of your body will get increased to a great extent if this situation remains untreated, thus leading to bdreadful consequenses, specifically situation like heart failure, serious pulmonary diseases, blood clots in lungs and congenial heart defects, etc.
There are certain forms of pulmonary hypertension, which are serious in nature and worsen with time, so much so that they are even fatal at times. It also includes forms which are non curable in nature, however, in order to improve the quality of life, symptoms can be reduced with proper treatment. The treatment for pulmonary hypertension is often complex and it takes some time to find the most appropriate treatment and requires extensive follow-up care. Your doctor might also need to change your treatment if it's no longer effective. However, when pulmonary hypertension is caused by another condition, your doctor will treat the underlying cause whenever possible.
Common Treatments for pulmonary hypertension:
- Blood vessel dilators (vasodilators): Vasodilators open narrowed blood vessels. They are one of the most commonly prescribed vasodilators for pulmonary hypertension is epoprostenol (Flolan, Veletri). The drawback to epoprostenol is that the effect lasts only for few minutes. This drug is continuously injected through an intravenous (IV) catheter via a small pump that you wear in a pack on your belt or shoulder.
- Ventavis: Another form of the drug, iloprost (Ventavis), can be inhaled six to nine times a day through a nebulizer, a machine that vaporizes your medication. Because it's inhaled, it goes directly to the lungs.
- Treprostinil (Tyvaso, Remodulin, Orenitram): It is another form of the drug, which can be given four times a day and can be inhaled or can be taken as an oral medication and can also be administered through injection.
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: These medications reverse the effect of endothelin, a substance in the walls of blood vessels that causes them to narrow. These drugs may improve your energy level and symptoms. However, these drugs shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. Also, these drugs can damage your liver and you may need monthly liver monitoring.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil: Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) are sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension. These drugs work by opening the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow through more easily.
- High-dose calcium channel blockers: These drugs help relax the muscles in the walls of your blood vessels. They include medications, such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) and nifedipine (Procardia, others). Although calcium channel blockers can be effective, only a small number of people with pulmonary hypertension respond to them.
- Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulator: Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulators (Adempas) interact with nitric oxide and help relax the pulmonary arteries and lower the pressure within the arteries. These medications should not be taken if you're pregnant. They can sometimes cause dizziness or nausea.
- Anticoagulants: Your doctor is likely to prescribe the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to help prevent the formation of blood clots within the small pulmonary arteries. Because anticoagulants prevent normal blood coagulation, they increase your risk of bleeding complications. Take warfarin exactly as prescribed, because warfarin can cause severe side effects if taken incorrectly. If you're taking warfarin, your doctor will ask you to have periodic blood tests to check how well the drug is working. Many other drugs, herbal supplements and foods can interact with warfarin, so be sure your doctor knows all of the medications you're taking.
- Digoxin: Digoxin (Lanoxin) can help the heart beat stronger and pump more blood. It can help control the heart rate if you experience arrhythmias.
- Diuretics: Commonly known as water pills, these medications help eliminate excess fluid from your body. This reduces the amount of work your heart has to do. They may also be used to limit fluid buildup in your lungs.
- Oxygen: Your doctor might suggest that you sometimes breathe pure oxygen, a treatment known as oxygen therapy, to help treat pulmonary hypertension, especially if you live at a high altitude or have sleep apnea. Some people who have pulmonary hypertension eventually require continuous oxygen therapy.
- Atrial Septostomy: If medications don't control your pulmonary hypertension, this open heart surgery might be an option. In an atrial septostomy, a surgeon will create an opening between the upper left and right chambers of your heart (atria) to relieve the pressure on the right side of your heart.
- Lung Transplantation: In some cases, a lung or heart lung transplant might be an option, especially for younger people who have idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The complications need to be reduced by taking proper health care. Healthy diet needs to be taken regularly along with proper medications. Smoking should be stopped and exercising sessions should be attended daily without any fail
- Overweight or obesity needs to be controlled properly for reducing the complications. Specialized caring strategies need to be maintained for avoiding severe kinds of health complications that are quite annoying. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
The season of winter is all about enjoyment and is full of fun and festivities. As we while away our time enjoying, our body works its own course of eliminating toxic substances from the organs. But there is always a way to make things better. In other words, the process of clearing toxins is known as detoxification and what better way could be there than Ayurveda. During the process of detoxification, there are certain things that should be avoided like sugar, alcohol, caffeine, gluten, soda, etc.
Why choose the ayurvedic way?
It is the natural process through which the body cleanses naturally without undergoing any turmoil due to side effects. During winter, it is a challenge to detoxify as we consume more in order to keep ourselves warm. Ayurveda’s detoxification methods are safe and trusted for centuries.
Why is winter detoxification necessary?
During winter, we require more energy but due to toxins and more food consumption for a warmer body, the digestive system and the immune system are weakened thus making people more vulnerable to sickness. Winter detoxification helps one to control the energy level and makes the person stay fit, healthy and energised. Detoxification cleanses the digestive system and improves the immune system and also helps in losing weight by flushing out the excess fat from the body.
Detoxifying ayurvedic drinks
Natural ayurvedic drinks prepared at home help in retrieving one's healthy self by detoxifying the body's systems. Also, consuming such preparations regularly will offer continual benefits.
- Coriander, lemon and green tea: The combination of coriander, lemon and green tea helps in balancing the fundamentals of the body. This preparation, again, can be consumed every day. It delays the onset of ageing and also remarkably reduces the visible signs of ageing on the skin.
- Lime water with pepper: A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and a pinch of pepper powder works wonders on an empty stomach. It helps in detoxifying and improving the digestive system.
- Vegetable juice: Vegetables like carrots and spinach that is widely available in winters can be used in preparing juices. The vegetables, when combined with Apple, Celery, and ginger, is a drink that offers many medicinal benefits and tasty as well.
- Lemon ginger water: The combination of lemon and ginger is said to be one of the healthiest ayurvedic drink to help detox your body during winter. Take a glass of warm water mixed with ginger and lemon juice. This helps have a healthy and clean digestive system.
- Aloe vera juice: Aloe vera is yet another nature's gift that helps in flushing out toxins. A bit of aloe vera gel mixed with water or orange juice have been working wonders in detoxification for centuries. It is another healthy winter drink.
- Amla juice: Amla is said to be the best aid in losing weight and boosts up the immune system. Amlas soaked in water overnight and blended in a mixer can be taken thrice every day. The juice has a tangy taste but is effective.
To combat winter, Ayurvedic detox drinks are always handy and helpful.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!