Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Happened to have sex without protection, took I pill after 65 hours now periods r delayed by 3 days. Took home test around 10 pm using I-can and got the result as negative. Do we need to wait r how should we move on. Now she is pregnant can we wait for periods.
I was supposed to have my periods on 30th of june but it has delayed. Today is 1st july. 3 days ago we had protected sex. He ejaculated inside me with protection on. Even he tested the condom after ejaculation if anything got leaked. If we took every precaution then why is my periods not happening. Another thing from last 2 days my stomach is not well. Having loose motions and the food I am intaking is not on a regular basis. please suggest me as to why it is happening. My main query is why have my periods got delayed?
My periods are late by 1 month. From past 2 months I have heavy stress and travelling a lot. Is it normal.
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a frequently performed cosmetic procedure which is meant to improve the looks or appearance of your abdominal region. The primary goal of this procedure is to remove excess skin or fat from the abdominal region and then reconnect the tissues with sutures to get a more toned and flat look.
The requirement for abdominoplasty:
The tummy tuck surgery is for someone who has folds of fat or skin on their abdominal region that results in an unsightly appearance and causes body image issues. These problems may be caused by multiple factors, some of which are mentioned below:
- Significant weight loss: Men or women who have lost a lot of weight tend to have excess loose skin on their bodies as a result of the skin being stretched over a long period of time.
- Pregnancy: Many women who have gone through multiple pregnancies also have similar problems as the skin in their abdominal region tends to stretch over multiple times which may result in the skin becoming flabby.
- You have a weak lower abdominal wall: Some patients tend to generally have a weak lower abdominal wall which over the years tends to protrude and hang. This results in a misshapen body which they want to correct for body image issues.
- To correct scarring from C section: Many women who give birth via C-section tend to have a scar on their body and some abdominal contouring can change the shape and size of the scar, which in turn not only tightens the tummy but also hides the scars.
Considerations before abdominoplasty:
Abdominoplasty isn't recommended if you fall under any of the following categories:
- Still have to lose weight: If you have to lose a lot of weight, then it is advised that you wait till your goal weight is reached and only then consider this procedure. Abdominoplasty isn't meant to reduce weight, but to take out excess skin and flab that remains after weight loss
- Plan on becoming pregnant again: If you are planning to become pregnant again, then the muscles and tissues in your abdomen might loosen and cause a flabby belly again.
- If you have heart disease or other conditions: If you have heart related conditions or are diabetic, then abdominoplasty won't be considered as it might put you at high risk of complications after surgery.
I have intercourse with my wife n she is not having her mensurations (periods. N I do not now any child. I can not go for abortion also. Wht to do please suggest.
Am anargha my last menses date is jan 4th and now I want to know how much month. Am now conceiving baby. And how many week it is.
I m 18 yrs old n my problem 1> is that m not feeling well from 4 months feeling like vomiting and weakness headache and some time my head become cold from inside and digestion problem too. 2> usually my period come in 30 days but due to unwanted few times it comes in 8 days is it right. and can I take unwanted 3 time in a month is it harmful.
Every morning you may require your shot of coffee (or caffeine) to be wide awake, in the evening to lessen fatigue or at night to improve focus and concentration. But like every other thing, even coffee comes with its sweet spot. Research reveals that the appropriate caffeine intake per day should be about 500-600 mgs, which adds up to about 5 cups of coffee. When you cross this limit, coffee can have several unsavory effects on your body. Sample these.
1. Heightened sensory experience
A 2009 study by Durham University revealed that individuals who have about 3 cups of coffee are 3 times likelier to see things, hear voices as well as sense the presence of imaginary beings. Hallucinations are a result of the caffeine content in the coffee, which bring about an aggravation in the physiological effects of stress. The caffeine in coffee causes overproduction of cortisol (a stress hormone) leading to heightened sensory activities.
2. Too much coffee could end up making you fatter
A study published in a reputed journal revealed the links among caffeine, cortisol, and fat storage. It disclosed that caffeine has the propensity to significantly increase the levels of the stress hormone, cortisol. High levels of cortisol can bring about an increase in storage of fat around your mid-section, and can subsequently lead to obesity and other serious diseases like Type 2 Diabetes and cardiovascular ailments.
3. It can cause liver damage
Too much coffee can damage your liver. Results from a study indicate that individuals who consume about 2 or more cups of coffee every day were 50% likelier to develop chronic liver disease compared to individuals who drank less than a cup per day.
4. It can cause twitching of your muscles
Since coffee contains caffeine, too much of it can cause the muscles in your body to move erratically. This is because caffeine found in coffee is a natural stimulant, and can affect the nerves of your muscles adversely.
Whether it’s coffee or tea or even beer, moderation is the key to enjoying your favourite beverage to avoid the negative effects it can have on your health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.